PDA

View Full Version : yet another incident of a cop out of line and out of control

Arbo
10-17-2013, 08:17 AM
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/10/26022-off-duty-deputy-cuffs-and-bullies-woman-he-met-while-he-was-drinking-on-a-restaurants-patio/

unpaid leave while it is being investigated? What's to investigate? He is OFF DUTY and has been DRINKING. He is an abusive bastard that should be fired and should have a civil rights suit bring him into bankruptcy.

This short of shit is BS in America.

hjmick
10-17-2013, 08:25 AM
He was fired.

Arbo
10-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Excellent.

hjmick
10-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Off-Duty Deputy Who "Arrested" Soldier Fired
(http://www.wltx.com/news/article/252931/2/Off-Duty-Deputy-Who-Arrested-Soldier-Fired)

Kathianne
10-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Off-Duty Deputy Who "Arrested" Soldier Fired
(http://www.wltx.com/news/article/252931/2/Off-Duty-Deputy-Who-Arrested-Soldier-Fired)

hjmick, thanks for following up. As is often the case with those posting about 'bad cops,' they just check the one story of the problem, without ever following up.

There are no doubt 'bad cops,' some driven by power, some by graft, some by both. There are police departments that ignore such, though they are not the norm and are likely to be in municipalities where the politicians are of similar ilk. Most departments get rid of the bad ones as soon as they can prove their justifications.

Of more concern as a nation is the militarization of police, imo.

hjmick
10-17-2013, 10:51 AM
hjmick, thanks for following up. As is often the case with those posting about 'bad cops,' they just check the one story of the problem, without ever following up.

There are no doubt 'bad cops,' some driven by power, some by graft, some by both. There are police departments that ignore such, though they are not the norm and are likely to be in municipalities where the politicians are of similar ilk. Most departments get rid of the bad ones as soon as they can prove their justifications.

Of more concern as a nation is the militarization of police, imo.

My pleasure Kath...

Of course it does help that this occurred just up the road from me and it has been in the local news just about every other night...

Kathianne
10-17-2013, 10:55 AM
My pleasure Kath...

Of course it does help that this occurred just up the road from me and it has been in the local news just about every other night...

I admit to being quirky, when I read a 'story' like the above or most stories for that matter, I look for most recent articles on the prime characters involved-thus get some idea of what is going on.

hjmick
10-17-2013, 10:58 AM
I admit to being quirky, when I read a 'story' like the above or most stories for that matter, I look for most recent articles on the prime characters involved-thus get some idea of what is going on.

I too attempt to find more than one source and, if the story is older than a couple of days, look for a resolution to the story if one is available. I also do my best to draw from the most neutral source available.

Guess we're both quirky...

darin
10-17-2013, 11:27 AM
I hope she gets MILLIONS and the cop is locked up for years.

aboutime
10-20-2013, 03:59 PM
It appears, most all of us agree about Bad Cops. And, what we eventually learned was. The same system we put down, and call broken...also took proper actions against the idiot, and fired him.

I hope the victim in this case sues him, and the bar. What happened to Bouncers who are supposed to be in charge..despite DRUNK off-duty officers?

Good story.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-20-2013, 04:45 PM
It appears, most all of us agree about Bad Cops. And, what we eventually learned was. The same system we put down, and call broken...also took proper actions against the idiot, and fired him.

I hope the victim in this case sues him, and the bar. What happened to Bouncers who are supposed to be in charge..despite DRUNK off-duty officers?

Good story. My friend , a good bouncer would never behave like that. It was our job to keep order and not do so by running customers away from the business. That meant rough stuff only when absolutely required! Believe me it still was required often because drinking brings on all kinds of false courage from those that can not drink and still be civil to others. I always had offers to work other jobs as a bouncer but the two places I worked gave me ample compensation because I did my job extremely well. In other words , I did a very professional job and never stomped azz unless it was a required act. Still average 3 or 4 a week some months and other months maybe only one. One has to treat it as a job and try to make it easy as possible by not having to put out the extra effort of beating somebody up! Always try to get paid for not having to use the fists. My best nights was when nothing happened except folks having a good time and the guys and gals all went away happy. Hell, I even miss it a bit now.. ;)--Tyr

aboutime
10-20-2013, 05:05 PM
My friend , a good bouncer would never behave like that. It was our job to keep order and not do so by running customers away from the business. That meant rough stuff only when absolutely required! Believe me it still was required often because drinking brings on all kinds of false courage from those that can not drink and still be civil to others. I always had offers to work other jobs as a bouncer but the two places I worked gave me ample compensation because I did my job extremely well. In other words , I did a very professional job and never stomped azz unless it was a required act. Still average 3 or 4 a week some months and other months maybe only one. One has to treat it as a job and try to make it easy as possible by not having to put out the extra effort of beating somebody up! Always try to get paid for not having to use the fists. My best nights was when nothing happened except folks having a good time and the guys and gals all went away happy. Hell, I even miss it a bit now.. ;)--Tyr

Tyr. I wasn't, and didn't intend to put Bouncers down in any way. I simply asked where the Bouncer was. Then this off-duty drunk cop wouldn't have been able to manhandle the victim.
Nothing more than that.