PDA

View Full Version : Beer Map of the US

Thunderknuckles
10-18-2013, 03:48 PM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/business_insider/2013/10/16/map_america_s_favorite_beers_by_state.html
They did a survey to find what the favorite beer is by state. The results surprised me with the exception of my state of California.
Ours is the only state in the union whose favorite beer is Corona! Hmmmm......

hjmick
10-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Blue Moon... Owned by MillerCoors...

Personally, I prefer my beer have more character than the mass produced swill on the map.

Abbey Marie
10-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Yup, we are Delaware Yuengling lovers (though my favorite is Heineken). I'm surprised to see that DC has the same fave. One of the few things they get right there.

fj1200
10-19-2013, 05:35 AM
Yup, we are Delaware Yuengling lovers (though my favorite is Heineken). I'm surprised to see that DC has the same fave. One of the few things they get right there.

Congratulations, you have cemented your status as part of the bourgeoisie. :poke:

jimnyc
10-19-2013, 07:27 AM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/business_insider/2013/10/16/map_america_s_favorite_beers_by_state.html
They did a survey to find what the favorite beer is by state. The results surprised me with the exception of my state of California.

Imagine that, a Mexican beer being favored in Mexiforn... I mean California! :beer:

Blue Moon for NY? I never even heard of the crap! Doesn't matter anyway, as my ass would be drinking the Jager, Vodka or another "quick to the buzz" alcohol.

Trigg
10-19-2013, 08:12 AM

Aren't those the only states that sell Yuengling???? Nuke is waiting for it come here, in fact he has a case in the frig. His friends know to bring it back with them :laugh:

hjmick
10-19-2013, 08:27 AM
We have Yuengling here in SC, the Mrs is quite fond of the brew. I like their "Black and Tan" but am currently in search of a brown ale to replace my Moose Drool which is currently unavailable here.

First up: Brooklyn Brown Ale.

Here's to hoping... :beer:

And yes, I am a colossal beer snob...

Arbo
10-19-2013, 08:31 AM

Most of the beers on they show are shit american bears. Corona is piss water as well.

Thunderknuckles
10-19-2013, 10:23 AM
I confess that Blue Moon is a tasty beer. I understand its popularity.

Kathianne
10-19-2013, 10:46 AM
While I don't much care for beer, other than perhaps on a 90F day, Chicago has some great microbreweries. Goose Island (http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/home/56.php) is probably the best known and their 312 is very good. Two Brothers (http://www.twobrosbrew.com/) is just up the street from where I live and like Goose Island is also a nice casual dining spot.

Nukeman
10-19-2013, 11:48 AM
We have Yuengling here in SC, the Mrs is quite fond of the brew. I like their "Black and Tan" but am currently in search of a brown ale to replace my Moose Drool which is currently unavailable here.

First up: Brooklyn Brown Ale.

Here's to hoping... :beer:

And yes, I am a colossal beer snob...If you can find it mick you should try "Robert The Bruce" by three Floyds brewery. A great Scottish stout with a very appealing flavor not too heavy. Give it a try if you are looking for something a little darker..

aboutime
10-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Back when I was a heavy drinker, before stopping altogether to stay alive. The One, Best beer I ever had was that One Budweiser our entire ship was permitted to enjoy, on a pier in Dubai, after spending 180 continuous days at sea without a port visit.

In fact. That one beer. Given only to those over 21 at the time. Was probably the QUICKEST high many of us had ever experienced. Much like that instant high...smokers know, after not having access to a smoke for more than 24 hours...also during the refueling phase, and transfer of Ammo aboard ship.

Haven't had a beer since 1990. Or other, hard alcohol since 1981. And no smoking since 2009. A heart attack was all I needed to STOP.

KitchenKitten99
10-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Apparently they interviewed only people in certain areas of MN.

Most people here in MN, especially the north metro will have either one of the following in their hands:

Budweiser (not light)
Summit (local brew)
Surly (local brew)
Nordeast (made Grain Belt, only available here in MN and WI)
Finnegan's
Michelob Golden Draft
Guinness
Leinenkeugel's (they make a great summer blend called Summer Shandy)

Blue Moon is seen as a frou-frou-fruit beer drank by hippies and college-frat/sorority kids trying to prove they are more distinguished and mature than the average college kid who drinks Bud light or even Keystone. IMO, it is a crime to stick a piece of fruit in beer. Brewing it WITH fruit is a different story, because Leinenkeugel's makes great seasonal beer with a fruity background. The Summer Shandy has a bit of a lemonade taste and is actually very refreshing in the summer. I drink that out on trail rides with friends. I bought a special beer holder for my saddle just for it! :laugh:

Coors Light is kind of an all-around party beer. No one really dislikes it, and it tends to appeal to most beer-drinkers where no one will decline if offered a free one. It's called 'Cowboy Kool-aid' here.

I know didn't get interviewed because I am very much an anomaly. I can't stand margaritas, mostly because they are too sweet, and me and tequila don't get along. I figured out why when I researched my lineage a couple years ago.

I prefer a good Bushmills, Jamison 12, Balvanie Caribbean Cask, Glenlivet. I like Macallan, but not as much as Balvanie Caribbean Cask. Then there's the cognacs, Remy VSOP being my fave, and we have a bottle of XO sitting and waiting until the right moment to open...

hjmick
10-19-2013, 04:48 PM
If you can find it mick you should try "Robert The Bruce" by three Floyds brewery. A great Scottish stout with a very appealing flavor not too heavy. Give it a try if you are looking for something a little darker..

Thanks Nuke, I'll make a note of it. I prefer the barker ales and stouts to be sure.

5stringJeff
11-21-2014, 08:12 PM
I can't believe a thread about beer isn't more popular!

So, living in Georgia for the last 6+ years, I can't recall seeing anyone drink a Blue Moon (which is supposedly the "favorite" of Georgia). Lots of PBR, Bud Light, etc. People who like good beer (like me) tend towards some of the local breweries: Sweetwater is one of the biggest in Georgia, and their 420 is available just about everywhere.

tailfins
11-21-2014, 10:01 PM

So, living in Georgia for the last 6+ years, I can't recall seeing anyone drink a Blue Moon (which is supposedly the "favorite" of Georgia). Lots of PBR, Bud Light, etc. People who like good beer (like me) tend towards some of the local breweries: Sweetwater is one of the biggest in Georgia, and their 420 is available just about everywhere.

I'm a 3+ generation teetotaler myself. My house, my parents house, and my grandparents house absolutely don't allow alcohol.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a2/The_Drunkard%27s_Progress_-_Color.jpg/1280px-The_Drunkard%27s_Progress_-_Color.jpg

fj1200
11-21-2014, 10:46 PM

Have you been to the Decatur area? Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a mini brewery around here.

5stringJeff
11-27-2014, 08:28 AM
Have you been to the Decatur area? Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a mini brewery around here.

I don't go there much, but I'm a big fan of the microbreweries around here. Monday Night has some good stuff.

Jeff
11-27-2014, 08:55 AM
Having lived in NJ, SC and now GA I have to say my all time favorite is Bud ( or bud light ) but ya can't beat a cold Corona on a hot day with a slice of lime and a bit of salt added !!!

5stringJeff
11-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Having lived in NJ, SC and now GA I have to say my all time favorite is Bud ( or bud light ) but ya can't beat a cold Corona on a hot day with a slice of lime and a bit of salt added !!!

Budweiser? Wrong thread... this is a thread about beer. :D

Jeff
11-29-2014, 08:16 AM
Blue Moon... Owned by MillerCoors...

Personally, I prefer my beer have more character than the mass produced swill on the map.

I went to a club last night to watch a band we know and for some reason when we got there they weren't ( whole other story :laugh: ) but we stayed and they had a special on wings and a pitcher of beer and they didn't have Bud ( I should of know at that point it wasn't my kind of place :laugh: ) but they did have this Blue Moon and after this thread I had to try it and honestly I wasn't impressed , hjmick you say you like a beer with character, well until I added a orange to my cup it had none ay all, How this could be so popular I have no idea. Of course I basically quit drinking a few years back but I did drink a few pitchers last night ( just felt like the right thing to do :laugh: ) But yes, I will stick with my Bud and if I feel like character I will order a Becks

hjmick
11-29-2014, 08:49 AM
We've got a few breweries here in Charleston doing some fantastic work...

Jeff
11-29-2014, 08:55 AM
We've got a few breweries here in Charleston doing some fantastic work...

Like I said I really don't drink but when we met in Charleston and went to that one the beer sure was tempting, next time I will have to try one

hjmick
11-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Like I said I really don't drink but when we met in Charleston and went to that one the beer sure was tempting, next time I will have to try one

Truthfully, I don't drink much these days either. A six pack can last me a month or longer. Especially this time of year. The summer? Probably two, three weeks...

Abbey Marie
11-29-2014, 04:50 PM
I tried this a few months ago, and really enjoyed it. It is now on my very short list, along with Heineken and Yuengling. I'd highly recommend you all try it.

And no, it's not because I got my BA there. :beer:

http://beerpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Fordham-Copperhead-Ale-logo.jpeg