PDA

View Full Version : How much will your premiums go up due to Obamacare? See Table for each state

Little-Acorn
10-19-2013, 10:37 AM
The bureaucrats fumbling their way through Obamacare have come up with complicated formulas to decide how much each of us will pay for Obamacare, once the mandate forces us to comply. The formulas have not been released, having been kept secret for some reason.

But some people have sat down and gone through the Federal and State exchanges to find the rates required for a young person, an older person, and a family of four, for each state.

Most people in most states will see large increases. A few will see decreases.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/politics-other-controversies/119648d1382196907-how-much-will-your-premiums-increase-ocarepricesvsfreeent19oct2013.gif

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/10/enrollment-in-obamacare-exchanges-how-will-your-health-insurance-fare

fj1200
10-19-2013, 01:53 PM
The bureaucrats fumbling their way through Obamacare have come up with complicated formulas to decide how much each of us will pay for Obamacare, once the mandate forces us to comply. The formulas have not been released, having been kept secret for some reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't insurance companies coming up with those numbers?

aboutime
10-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't insurance companies coming up with those numbers?

fj. Why don't you tell us? After all. You are the self-professed expert in all of such things. And, no matter what any of us might say about this. Will, and Must be wrong according to you.

KitchenKitten99
10-19-2013, 05:29 PM
One of my customers, a liberal-leaning libertarian, was all gung-ho for Obamacare, thinking that it would help reduce people increasing costs of healthcare by no longer needing to use the ER for stupid non-emergencies. He didn't think it would affect him.

He thought wrong. He got his renewal notice in the mail...his premium for his family of 3 increased by $250 per month. He has an appointment with a guy who does health insurance premiums (my customer/friend is an attorney, but not partner, so he insures via private company). He says he is hoping the guy can find comparable insurance for less. I told him good luck on that one...