PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Reports: "Stay away from HealthCare.gov"

Little-Acorn
10-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Even Consumer Reports, long famed for their support of big-government solutions to problems, says that the Obamacare websites are better avoided than used.

How can a health care scheme that's been on the books for three years, with half a $billion spent on website developers, have so many major problems with its website even after all that time and effort to set up?

----------------------------------------------

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/361750/consumer-reports-stay-away-healthcaregov-alec-torres

Consumer Reports: ‘Stay Away From HealthCare.gov’

By Alec Torres
October 21, 2013 9:56 AM

Consumer Reports, which publishes reviews of consumer products and services, advised its readers to avoid the federal healthcare exchange “for at least another month if you can.” “Hopefully that will be long enough for its software vendors to clean up the mess they’ve made,” the magazine said, having tested the site themselves over the course of the past three weeks.

Noting that only 271,000 of the 9.47 million people who tried signing up in the first week managed to create an account, Consumer Reports then provided a few tips to those attempting to slog through the application process. From attempting successive logins because “error messages … may not always match reality” to checking your inbox frequently because if you miss an e-mail you’ll be timed out of the site and forced to start from square one, none of the suggestions guaranteed success.

The magazine has also released a string of scathing reviews. On October 1, the day the Obamacare exchanges went online, the magazine told people to be patient: “Don’t worry if you can’t sign up today or even within the next couple of weeks.” A week into enrollment, they urged again to “wait a couple weeks and hope that the site irons out its many problems” because the HealthCare.gov is “barely operational.”

aboutime
10-21-2013, 01:53 PM
GOOD WARNING. If, and when they get that website operating. It will AUTOMATICALLY create a "COOKIE" within your PC, or LAPTOP harddrives, and they will FOREVER have your IP address.

Even if you DO NOT REGISTER with Healthcare.gov. They will instantly have the DATA needed to get the rest of the Information YOU DIDN'T SUPPLY THEM.

Can't tell you to stay away. But at least WARN everyone what they will be getting.

Arbo
10-21-2013, 04:33 PM
That consumer reports says this, really emphasizes the cluster that is the healthcare.gov site.

LOL, dude, they already have your IP tucked away in a database... not that they need it.

KarlMarx
10-22-2013, 12:58 PM
The problems that the healthcare.gov site is having is probably due to the fact that the ACA regulations changed on a daily basis. That caused the requirements for the website to change on a daily basis.. which required daily code changes... and then unit testing and beta testing was done as an afterthought....

I have a colleague at work who, although is a nice guy, is a die hard liberal.. said that he would not be surprised if some rogue Tea Party Republicans got themselves on the healthcare.gov development team and purposely sabotaged the code.... to which I explained what I just said above.

But the fact is... what malice can't acheive, stupidity and sloppy planning does...

aboutime
10-22-2013, 02:40 PM
The problems that the healthcare.gov site is having is probably due to the fact that the ACA regulations changed on a daily basis. That caused the requirements for the website to change on a daily basis.. which required daily code changes... and then unit testing and beta testing was done as an afterthought....

I have a colleague at work who, although is a nice guy, is a die hard liberal.. said that he would not be surprised if some rogue Tea Party Republicans got themselves on the healthcare.gov development team and purposely sabotaged the code.... to which I explained what I just said above.

But the fact is... what malice can't acheive, stupidity and sloppy planning does...

KarlMarx. After reading what you told us. I'm actually surprised your colleague didn't just step forward and BLAME BUSH from the Get-go. Seems we will eventually be hearing that blame game being tapped pretty soon. Liberals hate to be proven wrong, or exposed as fools.

KarlMarx
10-22-2013, 03:36 PM
KarlMarx. After reading what you told us. I'm actually surprised your colleague didn't just step forward and BLAME BUSH from the Get-go. Seems we will eventually be hearing that blame game being tapped pretty soon. Liberals hate to be proven wrong, or exposed as fools.

I also think that it will be difficult for the Obama administration to blame the Republicans for the failure of Obamacare. After all, the Democrats and Obama have fought tooth and nail to get it this far.

It's off to a rocky start and many of the initial reports of sticker shock of those who finally succeed to apply do not bode well for the program. My guess is that more of that is to come.

The old adage "be careful for what you wish for because you might just get it" seems very apropos for the situation.

red states rule
10-25-2013, 02:10 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/sk102413dAPR20131024104511.jpg

aboutime
10-25-2013, 02:10 PM
I also think that it will be difficult for the Obama administration to blame the Republicans for the failure of Obamacare. After all, the Democrats and Obama have fought tooth and nail to get it this far.

It's off to a rocky start and many of the initial reports of sticker shock of those who finally succeed to apply do not bode well for the program. My guess is that more of that is to come.

The old adage "be careful for what you wish for because you might just get it" seems very apropos for the situation.

KarlMarx. As does "MONEY GETS US THE POLITICIANS WE WANT!"
Take away the money for almost anything pertaining to present day life...

and we end up with Honesty, and Large quantities of Truth.

red states rule
10-28-2013, 02:44 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/sk102813dAPR20131026074515.jpg

red states rule
10-30-2013, 02:23 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn_c11320220131030120100.jpg