PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Why are people losing their health plans?

jimnyc
10-24-2013, 12:27 PM
This is what Obama stated when trying to run this crap through congress:

“Let me be exactly clear about what health care reform means to you,” Obama said at one rally in July 2009. “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.”

But the reality, in addition to the tons of increases I said would hit so many:

But the president's promise is turning out to be false for millions of Americans who have had their health insurance policies canceled because they don't meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.

According to health policy expert Bob Laszewski, roughly 16 million Americans will lose their current plans because of Obamacare:

The U.S. individual health insurance market currently totals about 19 million people. Because the Obama administration's regulations on grandfathering existing plans were so stringent about 85% of those, 16 million, are not grandfathered and must comply with Obamacare at their next renewal. The rules are very complex. For example, if you had an individual plan in March of 2010 when the law was passed and you only increased the deductible from $1,000 to $1,500 in the years since, your plan has lost its grandfather status and it will no longer be available to you when it would have renewed in 2014.

These 16 million people are now receiving letters from their carriers saying they are losing their current coverage and must re-enroll in order to avoid a break in coverage and comply with the new health law's benefit mandates––the vast majority by January 1. Most of these will be seeing some pretty big rate increases.

http://healthpolicyandmarket.blogspot.com/2013/10/week-two-of-obamacare-federal-health.html#more

Gaffer
10-24-2013, 12:45 PM
No surprise to me. It's never ever going to work. And now it's like working on and electrical system with the the power on. And the commies either don't answer questions or try to blame the contractors and republicans. The circuses just keep on comin'.

fj1200
10-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Because Big government. :(

aboutime
10-24-2013, 03:30 PM
This is what Obama stated when trying to run this crap through congress:

But the reality, in addition to the tons of increases I said would hit so many:

http://healthpolicyandmarket.blogspot.com/2013/10/week-two-of-obamacare-federal-health.html#more

jimnyc. BOTTOM LINE, in response to your question. NOBODY WANTED TO LISTEN. They bought Obama, and Obamacare...HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER. And now. They have to blame other people like Bush, and the Republicans for their STUPIDITY.

red states rule
10-25-2013, 02:12 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn_c11306120131023120100.jpg

red states rule
10-25-2013, 03:34 AM
jimnyc. BOTTOM LINE, in response to your question. NOBODY WANTED TO LISTEN. They bought Obama, and Obamacare...HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER. And now. They have to blame other people like Bush, and the Republicans for their STUPIDITY.

and yet the Obama lap dogs are very quiet right now. The bright side is we are not having to listen to those Hollywood limo liberals who were bellowing how great Obamacare is. Now they stay out of sight in their mansions and make their crappy ass movies

Meanwhile I am delighted when libs feel the impact of Obamcare

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/DonaldDouglas/liberal_democrats_are_clueless_about_about_obamaca re_zpsa7e180d4.jpg

aboutime
10-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Only a couple of people know WHY. Obama, Sebelius, Reid, and Pelosi.

"You need to vote for the LOSS OF HEALTH CARE.....Before you Understand we're ripping you off!"

KarlMarx
10-25-2013, 12:58 PM
One reason why people are losing their health insurance is that their current policies do not cover the areas that Obamacare says all health insurance policies must now cover, e.g. mental health, birth control, etc.

red states rule
10-26-2013, 05:56 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/cb102613dAPR20131025064522.jpg

PostmodernProphet
10-26-2013, 08:19 AM
BC/BS cancelled my current plan.....it did not provide maternity coverage for my 61 year old wife........it did not provide dental and vision care for my non-existent children under 21......

they have offered me a similar plan effective Jan. 1st.......but my deductible goes from $5k to $6250.......my max out of pocket goes from $10k to $14500.....and my premiums go from $683/m to $936/m.......

red states rule
10-26-2013, 09:03 AM
BC/BS cancelled my current plan.....it did not provide maternity coverage for my 61 year old wife........it did not provide dental and vision care for my non-existent children under 21......

they have offered me a similar plan effective Jan. 1st.......but my deductible goes from $5k to $6250.......my max out of pocket goes from $10k to $14500.....and my premiums go from $683/m to $936/m.......

Why do you want to tear down this President? Obama said that would not happen - so it could not have happened.

OK sarcasm off. You are another person the liberal media and Obama lap dogs will ignore and dismiss as a bump in the road