PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Will Reach $22 Trillion in Debt by February

red states rule
10-24-2013, 03:00 PM
The legacy of Obama continues to unfold. I do hope all pf you who voted for this clown are pleased with him and yourself

With the end of the government shutdown, we also saw a hike in the debt ceiling. For the last few years we have been witness to several different debt ceiling discussions and whether or not we should continue to raise our debt limit year after year. Well after this most recent hike, it seems clear that the U.S. government is behaving no better than a teenage girl at the mall with a limitless credit card.

In just the last week, since Congress reached the deal to suspend the government’s debt ceiling, the Treasury department has managed to spend (http://www.etfguide.com/commentary/1138/Will-U.S.-Public-Debt-Reach-$22-Trillion-by-Feb.-2014/) another $375 billion.

Before the most recent deal, the U.S. debt was fixed at $16.69 trillion. But now that the Treasury has a suspended debt limit through February 7, 2014, the department can basically spend as much money as they want.

How much debt could the government rack up though? Well apparently, if we keep on spending at the same rate we have in the last week, the new number for U.S. public debt would be $22.70 trillion. We just managed to reach over $17 trillion this week. That means spending over $5 trillion in the next 4 months!

What more needs to be said in order to make the administration understand that spending is out of control? Their current spending habits are simply at levels that cannot be sustained. Is another government shutdown in order in February? How else can we make our president realize that we must revise our spending and make cuts where necessary in order to avoid these debt limits.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/heatherginsberg/2013/10/24/at-current-spending-pace-us-will-reach-22-trillion-in-debt-by-february-n1731669

aboutime
10-24-2013, 03:06 PM
The legacy of Obama continues to unfold. I do hope all pf you who voted for this clown are pleased with him and yourself

Welcome back RSR. As for this story. It doesn't seem to bother, or even seem important to so many when they hear such things. That is the end-result of Terrible, or No education in our nation today.

Most of the pf's who voted for Obama have no idea what Federal Debt means, and probably don't care as long as nobody takes away their MONTHLY free stuff.

Terrible things to say about Fellow Americans. But then. The truth always hurts most.

red states rule
10-24-2013, 03:11 PM
http://www.chicagonow.com/your-doubting-thomas/files/2013/01/Obama-National-Debt.png

fj1200
10-24-2013, 05:40 PM
The US will not reach 22TT by February.

jimnyc
10-24-2013, 05:53 PM
The US will not reach 22TT by February.

I hope not. But if our country continues in the manner it has in the past 5 years - we will be at about 23-24 trillion in the hole before Obama leaves office. And I don't blame him individually as much as I do the nitwit Democrats in congress who simply can't stop spending and giving money away to anyone they feel needs it. And yup, far too many Republicans going along with this shit. And the saddest part is that if someone does make a stand on the spending, they are then alienated as if they are hurting others.

fj1200
10-24-2013, 05:56 PM
I hope not.

I think the OP confused borrowing to pay back all the trust funds that were raided and actual spending. This:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/current-rates.html

projects a 20.7TT debt in 2017.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-24-2013, 06:00 PM
The legacy of Obama continues to unfold. I do hope all pf you who voted for this clown are pleased with him and yourself Welcome back... :clap: :beer: :clap: :flyflag: -Tyr

jimnyc
10-24-2013, 06:05 PM
I think the OP confused borrowing to pay back all the trust funds that were raided and actual spending. This:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/current-rates.html

projects a 20.7TT debt in 2017.

Cool little gadget, some other interesting figures in there too.

Still sad though, that we would see TRILLIONS of dollars being spent, when we already see the figures showing us so many trillions already in debt. They can't seem to balance a regular budget and the debt just increases and increases. Someone needs to have the courage to stand up and make it clear that cuts need to be made, a lot of irresponsible spending has got to stop.

It was just a few years ago when the debt was like $7 trillion and people were losing their minds. I remember thinking that it would take a lifetime to fix that mess. And here we are, and these dolts have more than doubled it since then.

aboutime
10-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Cool little gadget, some other interesting figures in there too.

Still sad though, that we would see TRILLIONS of dollars being spent, when we already see the figures showing us so many trillions already in debt. They can't seem to balance a regular budget and the debt just increases and increases. Someone needs to have the courage to stand up and make it clear that cuts need to be made, a lot of irresponsible spending has got to stop.

It was just a few years ago when the debt was like $7 trillion and people were losing their minds. I remember thinking that it would take a lifetime to fix that mess. And here we are, and these dolts have more than doubled it since then.

jimnyc. What the politicians don't want us to know, or see with that DEBT CLOCK is...the larger the number of our Debt Limit...as passed last week. The quicker, and larger the REAL debt becomes.

But, we're not supposed to be smart enough (according to Obama, and the Dems) to recognize how HE, and CONGRESS have actually FIRED THE SHOT...heard around the World, that eventually DESTROYS America forever.
Hope every Liberal Idiot, and Ignorant Democrat enjoys placing their UNBORN children in more debt than our nation has ever had.
They asked for it with Obama. Now... THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.

red states rule
10-25-2013, 01:29 AM
It is sad to see some continue to deny Obama the legacy he deserves

The OP clearly stated

"Well apparently, if we keep on spending at the same rate we have in the last week,"

But I guess it is asking too much for some Obama lap dogs to accept the truth and live in the real world. Of course it will be thier kids and grandkids who will get stuck with the bill - so they do not give a damn

fj1200
10-25-2013, 05:52 AM
It is sad to see some continue to deny Obama the legacy he deserves

The OP clearly stated

"Well apparently, if we keep on spending at the same rate we have in the last week,"

:rolleyes: The title of your thread was patently false. Do a little fact checking once in awhile.

red states rule
10-25-2013, 05:57 AM
Seems I made a mistake

I assumed the Obama lap dogs would take the time to READ the OP. I have to remember that Obama lap dogs are always looking for things to bitch about and avoid discussing the results of Obama's policies

However I am always ready to assist those Obama lap dogs and offer them as much assistance as possible

So please use this link and it may help you grasp what is being posted about your boy

http://www.rif.org/

fj1200
10-25-2013, 08:26 AM
:facepalm99: Wow, rsr is truly the return of stupid. Conservatism takes another hit today. :(

red states rule
10-25-2013, 08:28 AM
and FU proves once again he is the best walking advertisement for birth control there ever was

I am sorry FU you never made it past your reading classes in school. I will try to dumb it down for you

But there is a limit to how much stupidity on your part I can endure

fj1200
10-25-2013, 08:42 AM
and FU proves once again he is the best walking advertisement for birth control there ever was

I am sorry FU you never made it past your reading classes in school. I will try to dumb it down for you

With you as the standard bearer for "conservatism" it's no wonder Romney couldn't win.

red states rule
10-25-2013, 08:44 AM
And FU is all PO'd over the fact HE did not read the OP. Like most libs, he blames others for something he did not do

From the OP:

How much debt could the government rack up though? Well apparently, if we keep on spending at the same rate we have in the last week, the new number for U.S. public debt would be $22.70 trillion. We just managed to reach over $17 trillion this week. That means spending over $5 trillion in the next 4 months!

fj1200
10-25-2013, 08:46 AM
And FU is all PO'd over the fact HE did not read the OP. Like most libs, he blames others for something he did not do

From the OP:

You're not even smart enough to know what's wrong with the OP. "Conservatives" win again. It's a shame your thread title is miserably wrong.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-25-2013, 09:21 AM
I hope not. But if our country continues in the manner it has in the past 5 years - we will be at about 23-24 trillion in the hole before Obama leaves office. And I don't blame him individually as much as I do the nitwit Democrats in congress who simply can't stop spending and giving money away to anyone they feel needs it. And yup, far too many Republicans going along with this shit. And the saddest part is that if someone does make a stand on the spending, they are then alienated as if they are hurting others. Of course the globalists are going to raid the treasury before destroying the nation. As you know we do not have tens of trillions in gold! So they have to steal the money in other ways! We are witnessing the greatest theft in human history and its not planned to stop until after the nation is absolutely bankrupted into third world status. They get the money while punishing this capitalist monster. A win/win for them. Big government means big money and big money(trillions) means many tens of billions can be stolen and that is exactly what they are doing. -Tyr

aboutime
10-25-2013, 11:38 AM

red states rule. I'm more concerned about Conservative, Republicans trying to stop Abortions. If they would just shut up about that topic. We'd have fewer examples walking around like 'fj'.

red states rule
10-26-2013, 05:03 AM
red states rule. I'm more concerned about Conservative, Republicans trying to stop Abortions. If they would just shut up about that topic. We'd have fewer examples walking around like 'fj'.

If nothing else FU does provide some inspiration for Halloween costumes

You could place a life size condom over your body and go to a party as dick

Back to the topic at hand - something FU does not want to discuss

Just one day after President Barack Obama signed into law a bipartisan deal to end the government shutdown and avoid default, the US debt surged a record $328 billion, the first day the government was able to borrow money.
Fasten your seatbelt, because the US debt rate is racing out of control and nobody seems to know where or when the spending will end: The US debt now equals $17.075 trillion, according to figures the Treasury Department posted online on Friday.

The one-day increase of $328 billion to the US debt load smashed the previous record of $238 billion set two years ago.

The huge leap toward what some economists fear will be eventual insolvency was blamed on the government replenishing its supply of "extraordinary measures," that is, the federal funds it borrowed from over the last five months in a desperate effort to avoid hitting the debt ceiling.

Under the law, government coffers are refilled once there is “new debt space,” according to a report in The Washington Times.

The Treasury Department was forced under so-called “extraordinary measures” to borrow $400 billion beginning in May, in anticipation of an agreement between Congress and Obama.

“Usually Congress sets a borrowing limit, or debt ceiling, that caps the total amount the government can be in the red,” according to the report. “But under the terms of this week's deal, Congress set a deadline instead of a dollar cap. That means debt will rise by as much as the government spends between now and the Feb. 7 deadline.”

If the rate of spending continues as it has over the last five months, US debt may eventually by as much as $700 billion before it must apply for another increase to the debt ceiling.

http://rt.com/usa/us-debt-record-default-obama-412/

red states rule
10-26-2013, 01:17 PM
http://theinvestmentinsight.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/us_president_barack_obama_spending_money_for_debt_ policy_speech_strategy_comic_political_cartoon_eco nomist_funny_best_top_free_greatest1.jpg

fj1200
10-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Back to the topic at hand - something FU does not want to discuss

Why wouldn't I discuss it? It's exactly what I said would happen months ago when Treasury first started their extraordinary measures of borrowing against some trust funds; the DL would go up and Treasury would pay it all back. It also finally explains the lie of your OP and thread title; it was massive borrowing on one day and not massive spending from which a ridiculous assertion was made. So the discussion is in your hands. :)

red states rule
10-26-2013, 01:22 PM
http://goemanagency.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/U.S.-Debt-Ceiling-Cartoon.jpg

fj1200
10-26-2013, 01:23 PM
^So... no discussion then?

red states rule
10-26-2013, 01:40 PM
http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1350480601710_6491248.png