PDA

View Full Version : Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats

Larrymc
10-24-2013, 05:30 PM
We don't even have enough funding to buy bullets, and the DoD is pushing to spend $8 million on covers that look like women's hats!"

The obvious next step in the Demoralization of our Military, Humiliation!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/24/obama-wants-marines-to-wear-girly-hats/?cmpid=NL_fntop

jimnyc
10-24-2013, 05:55 PM
"Obama is an idiot if he tries to implement something like this"

I should just make that my signature, as it appears that is my reply to so many threads that have anything to do with this administration.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-24-2013, 06:03 PM

I should just make that my signature, as it appears that is my reply to so many threads that have anything to do with this administration. Mine would read, "Obama is an idiot and a certified asshat if he implements 99% of the crap he wants". --Tyr

aboutime
10-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Mine would read, "Obama is an idiot and a certified asshat if he implements 99% of the crap he wants". --Tyr

Tyr. Totally agree. And we already know LIARS and IDIOTS are the same thing.

No doubt in my mind. Obama has been lying long enough to prove how much of an idiot he is.

Larrymc
10-24-2013, 06:39 PM

I should just make that my signature, as it appears that is my reply to so many threads that have anything to do with this administration.It certainly would be fitting!!

Gaffer
10-24-2013, 07:11 PM
He's a girly man so he wants the military to look like girly men.

aboutime
10-24-2013, 07:15 PM
He's a girly man so he wants the military to look like girly men.

Seems like IF....It is Obama involved in this, in any way.

It is HIS way of paying the MARINES back for their Continued, Present Disgust over D.A.D.T. that Obama needed to put into place to guarantee his GAY votes, and the protections of his CLOSET identity until he SCREWS the nation FROM THE REAR.

PostmodernProphet
10-24-2013, 11:07 PM
if he wants a more modern look he's missing a beat....
http://dlcjr.ipage.com/uploads/3/0/4/3/3043221/1344563137.png

gabosaurus
10-25-2013, 12:13 AM
WTF qualifies as a "girly hat?" There is very little difference between the two styles of hat in the pictures.
You guys are REALLY scraping the bottom of the anti-Obama barrel for this one. :rolleyes:

Larrymc
10-25-2013, 07:28 AM
WTF qualifies as a "girly hat?" There is very little difference between the two styles of hat in the pictures.
You guys are REALLY scraping the bottom of the anti-Obama barrel for this one. :rolleyes:Apparently small and dainty, and i guess you missed the part where it was pointed out that they don't have funds to purchase ammo, yet Obama will spend 8 million on new hats that more reflect his gay buddy's, than a Strong Proud Military.

Nukeman
10-25-2013, 07:53 AM
You guys are REALLY scraping the bottom of the anti-Obama barrel for this one. :rolleyes:
So you are fine with this administration "changing" something that DOES NOT NEED changed. at the cost of over 8 million at a time when everyone is asked to tighten their belts. Hell the first thing to do when you get unlimited credit is to SPEND on anything and everything!!!!!!!!!

Regardless of how they look, WHY would you change something just to change it and at a substantial cost???!?!?!?!?!?

revelarts
10-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Why would the president even have someone bring non lethal uniform request changes to his attention.
Why waste you time with the issues AT ALL.

how does that even get in the door.

---Mr President ...China is spying on the pentagon, Al-libooboo is in Tunsinia with a new financier, Nasa weather service has a new report on the tornadoes and fires, the Fed chairs wants you read this euro africa deal, Senator x fund raiser with lockheed is tonight, the gulf sea life report and fukasima 30 day assessment are coming in
AND OH YEAH the MARINES NEW HAT Designs are in, aren't THESE MUCH BETTER FOR THE GIRLS??!!
OH yes, I wanted to UNISEX those oh to macho marine uniforms... so glad i wrote up that directive.---

Really? I'm no Obama fan but geez this is crazy.
But Clinton e-mailing, calling and "meeting with" Monica on Executive time was bad as well. I guess i've got a false Idea of what the president of the US's days are like.

Abbey Marie
10-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Perhaps our gay military men didn't like the old ones, and asked for something a little more "fabulous". :rolleyes:

aboutime
10-25-2013, 11:11 AM
My son the Marine just laughed at this story. And both of us, with many of his friends still in uniform are wondering when OBAMA and his Merry Band of Wussies will also authorize the new

AK-47 Adjustable Limp Wrist Weapon that shoots a tiny WHITE FLAG at the enemy?

It will match the Female Marine Issue Cover (called a hat) by the Village People.

jimnyc
10-25-2013, 11:20 AM

I wouldn't say "you guys", as it's not just members here. This has made national news and military personnel have spoken out on it as well.

But shouldn't you be condemning Obama for trying to SPEND needlessly at a time when we have serious economical issues? Or would you rather complain about those who point out stupidity by this administration?

aboutime
10-25-2013, 11:35 AM

I gotta agree with you on this gabby. We found you while scraping the bottom of that barrel too!

Larrymc
10-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Why would the president even have someone bring non lethal uniform request changes to his attention.
Why waste you time with the issues AT ALL.

how does that even get in the door.

---Mr President ...China is spying on the pentagon, Al-libooboo is in Tunsinia with a new financier, Nasa weather service has a new report on the tornadoes and fires, the Fed chairs wants you read this euro africa deal, Senator x fund raiser with lockheed is tonight, the gulf sea life report and fukasima 30 day assessment are coming in
AND OH YEAH the MARINES NEW HAT Designs are in, aren't THESE MUCH BETTER FOR THE GIRLS??!!
OH yes, I wanted to UNISEX those oh to macho marine uniforms... so glad i wrote up that directive.---

Really? I'm no Obama fan but geez this is crazy.
But Clinton e-mailing, calling and "meeting with" Monica on Executive time was bad as well. I guess i've got a false Idea of what the president of the US's days are like.Military's in third would country's are know to take a stand against their dictators, so he has a lot of work to do, to demoralize The American Military before they, do what true Patriots do and turn on their Anti-American Leader.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2013, 06:50 PM
:laugh::coffee::lol:
Mine would read, "Obama is an idiot and a certified asshat if he implements 99% of the crap he wants". --Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-25-2013, 06:53 PM
Military's in third would country's are know to take a stand against their dictators, so he has a lot of work to do, to demoralize The American Military before they, do what true Patriots do and turn on their Anti-American Leader. Trust me, he has been weeding out the true patriotic military high command as fast as he can! Doing so under the guise of "spending cuts".. that lying bastard has never met a spending cut he liked or endorsed. -Tyr

Jeff
10-25-2013, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't say "you guys", as it's not just members here. This has made national news and military personnel have spoken out on it as well.

But shouldn't you be condemning Obama for trying to SPEND needlessly at a time when we have serious economical issues? Or would you rather complain about those who point out stupidity by this administration?

Jim don't ya know if GW had made our military fit for sissies when he was in office Obama wouldn't have to do it so once again it is Gw's fault :laugh:

aboutime
10-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Trust me, he has been weeding out the true patriotic military high command as fast as he can! Doing so under the guise of "spending cuts".. that lying bastard has never met a spending cut he liked or endorsed. -Tyr

Tyr. If any of this is true in any way. It just proves how Obama has been practicing the intentional destruction of our nation, one step at a time.
If he causes the slow destruction of our military. As demonstrated over the last several weeks by closing the Memorials, and his vouching for the military acceptance of D.A.D.T. as nothing more than a political trick designed to bring, or create HATE, and DISCONTENT among the present, Active Duty ranks.
All of which is that slippery slope leading into the Pentagon, where Obama, and the Democrats have the power to DESTROY the military career's of Top Brass who disagree with Obama in any way.
In other words. Destroying the American people with divisiveness, lack of education, aim at religious beliefs, destroy our ability to work, fend for ourselves without govt, and finally. Destroy one of the STRONGEST, MOST EMBEDDED MILITARY TRADITIONS....The MARINES with tiny stuff like GIRLY Hats for THE MENTALLY UNSTABLE SEXUALLY minority aspects of society.
OBAMA should be arrested for the RAPE, and SEXUAL DESTRUCTION of 300 million Americans.
AFTER Holder gets his voice changed, with a 300 pound convict in a PRISON setting him upside down.

Jeff
10-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Tyr. If any of this is true in any way. It just proves how Obama has been practicing the intentional destruction of our nation, one step at a time.
If he causes the slow destruction of our military. As demonstrated over the last several weeks by closing the Memorials, and his vouching for the military acceptance of D.A.D.T. as nothing more than a political trick designed to bring, or create HATE, and DISCONTENT among the present, Active Duty ranks.
All of which is that slippery slope leading into the Pentagon, where Obama, and the Democrats have the power to DESTROY the military career's of Top Brass who disagree with Obama in any way.
In other words. Destroying the American people with divisiveness, lack of education, aim at religious beliefs, destroy our ability to work, fend for ourselves without govt, and finally. Destroy one of the STRONGEST, MOST EMBEDDED MILITARY TRADITIONS....The MARINES with tiny stuff like GIRLY Hats for THE MENTALLY UNSTABLE SEXUALLY minority aspects of society.
OBAMA should be arrested for the RAPE, and SEXUAL DESTRUCTION of 300 million Americans.
AFTER Holder gets his voice changed, with a 300 pound convict in a PRISON setting him upside down.

You are exactly right but think about it with all he has done thus far and he is still going, Obama has a get out of jail free pass or something but it is clear he can and will do as he pleases , the only hope we have is as we see the American people turning on him ( well the dope's that couldn't see him for what he is that are seeing his real agenda now, heck even Oprah has turned on him ) There will always be the libs that can't think for themselves but it is coming, once all these people that get the free handouts realize the fines they may have to pay for not having insurance and lose there 4 or 5 grand they get once a year ( tax returns that will be eaten up to pay there fines ) he will lose many of them as well and once he has no one backing him except the blacks ( not all ) that will vote for him no matter what simply do to his color and the real hardcore Libs , then we may be able to get something done.

aboutime
10-25-2013, 08:00 PM
You are exactly right but think about it with all he has done thus far and he is still going, Obama has a get out of jail free pass or something but it is clear he can and will do as he pleases , the only hope we have is as we see the American people turning on him ( well the dope's that couldn't see him for what he is that are seeing his real agenda now, heck even Oprah has turned on him ) There will always be the libs that can't think for themselves but it is coming, once all these people that get the free handouts realize the fines they may have to pay for not having insurance and lose there 4 or 5 grand they get once a year ( tax returns that will be eaten up to pay there fines ) he will lose many of them as well and once he has no one backing him except the blacks ( not all ) that will vote for him no matter what simply do to his color and the real hardcore Libs , then we may be able to get something done.

Thanks Jeff. In spite of everything all of us are witnessing from Obama. Because of my age, and having been blessed to live many more years after some of the crap I have survived. I honestly care more for what the future holds for our (ALL OF US) children, and grandchildren.
We are about to have our 6th grandson in December. And even before he gets here. He's already in DEBT to the tune of nearly 50,000 dollars. And he hasn't taken a breath yet.
That is A TERRIBLE THOUGHT.
Here we are. What used to be the Richest nation on Earth, and we are about to leave generations unborn....with a 3rd World economy, and failing society based on STEALING from others to support those who DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT themselves.
Frankly. I am just so damned PISSED OFF, every time I hear, or see that LYING SACK OF SHIT we laughingly call a president...I feel like puking, or getting the RUNS to get him out of my system.
My apologies for this RANT...but, that's how this Tired, Disgusted, American Veteran, Husband, Father, and Grandfather feels tonight.
Thanks for listening.

gabosaurus
10-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Actually, the "girly hats" should go to the Navy. :cheers2:

aboutime
10-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Actually, the "girly hats" should go to the Navy. :cheers2:

Really won't matter in a few years after Obama has his way.

He wants our military to be like the VILLAGE PEOPLE, limp wristed, and Speaking with a Lisp when they talk about their new Military Headquarters in "THAN FRAN THISCO".

logroller
10-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Apparently small and dainty, and i guess you missed the part where it was pointed out that they don't have funds to purchase ammo, yet Obama will spend 8 million on new hats that more reflect his gay buddy's, than a Strong Proud Military.
To be honest berets are pretty queer but I wouldn't ridicule someone in special forces for wearing one, nor a Marine for a girly hat. So far as the ammo thing, I hadn't heard that but if I was looking for something to ridicule I'd point to a "senior Marine official" referring to ammunition as "bullets".

red states rule
10-26-2013, 05:12 AM
I hadn't heard that but if I was looking for something to ridicule I'd point to a "senior Marine official" referring to ammunition as "bullets".

Yea, that is a story MSNBC would not cover LR so I can understand why you would be unaware of it. You do have the same level of respect for those serving as Obama does

However to make you feel warm all over here is your guy as he continues to transform America

http://pumasunleashed.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/obama-posing-as-soldier.jpg?w=423

logroller
10-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Yea, that is a story MSNBC would not cover LR so I can understand why you would be unaware of it. You do have the same level of respect for those serving as Obama does

However to make you feel warm all over here is your guy as he continues to transform America

http://pumasunleashed.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/obama-posing-as-soldier.jpg?w=423
You got an argument or just weak jabs and comics?

red states rule
10-26-2013, 01:23 PM

I am pointing out the obvious. Amazing how folks like you are "uninformed" on common knowledge regarding current events

aboutime
10-26-2013, 01:56 PM

Logroller. If you became a Marine today. You'd probably have that warm, comfortable feeling of flimsy material draped around your waste, and over your head to protect your hairdo, and mascara.

logroller
10-26-2013, 02:23 PM
I am pointing out the obvious. Amazing how folks like you are "uninformed" on common knowledge regarding current events

Well I said I hadn't heard that so I pointed it out myself-- you don't get credit for that, only a making things up to be funny-- but really you just come across as a dick. I don't watch msnbc; I don't even have cable. If you want to point out the obvious, perhaps put up a source tha says the military can't afford ammunition rather than 'bullets'-- because that makes someone sound "uninformed". Oddly you say nothing about that point because a) you don't know the difference either or b) you'll only find supportive evidence on moonbat.wordpress.com.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-26-2013, 02:32 PM
To be honest berets are pretty queer but I wouldn't ridicule someone in special forces for wearing one, nor a Marine for a girly hat. So far as the ammo thing, I hadn't heard that but if I was looking for something to ridicule I'd point to a "senior Marine official" referring to ammunition as "bullets". I being an old Southern country boy usually just call it "ammo". Never had anybody yet not understand what I was talking about... Down here we learn " pass the ammo" shortly after learning "pass the biscuits please, thank you ma'am" -;)--Tyr

red states rule
10-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Well I said I hadn't heard that so I pointed it out myself-- you don't get credit for that, only a making things up to be funny-- but really you just come across as a dick. I don't watch msnbc; I don't even have cable. If you want to point out the obvious, perhaps put up a source tha says the military can't afford ammunition rather than 'bullets'-- because that makes someone sound "uninformed". Oddly you say nothing about that point because a) you don't know the difference either or b) you'll only find supportive evidence on moonbat.wordpress.com.

and you BF come across as the end result of a bull eating its dinner. Nothing new for a liberal puke to take a cheap shot at a member of the US military - I guess you are so use to looking down of folks that is as common to you as taking a breath or air

logroller
10-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Logroller. If you became a Marine today. You'd probably have that warm, comfortable feeling of flimsy material draped around your waste, and over your head to protect your hairdo, and mascara.
Wtf are you talking about? I'm not homophobic but please refrain from sharing your perverse fantasies and definitely those that involve me. This isn't that kind of "adult" forum so take your hand out of your pants when posting.

I'd be proud to be a Marine, but I needn't become one to know that the uniform doesn't make a Marine. I can usually tell one by looking in their eyes; certainly by talking to them. you, sir, are no Marine; I'd bet you've jerked-off aboard a ship more times than you've fired a weapon; which isn't entirely your fault, I mean you probably weren't even issued a weapon and, in talking with you, I can understand why not-- you were in "communications", right? That's fitting because its apparent from your post that you're more aptly suited to write for penthouse forum for a queer audience. I gather that, in dadt speak, that's 'naval communications'.

aboutime
10-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Wtf are you talking about? I'm not homophobic but please refrain from sharing your perverse fantasies and definitely those that involve me. This isn't that kind of "adult" forum so take your hand out of your pants when posting.

I'd be proud to be a Marine, but I needn't become one to know that the uniform doesn't make a Marine. I can usually tell one by looking in their eyes; certainly by talking to them. you, sir, are no Marine; I'd bet you've jerked-off aboard a ship more times than you've fired a weapon; which isn't entirely your fault, I mean you probably weren't even issued a weapon and, in talking with you, I can understand why not-- you were in "communications", right? That's fitting because its apparent from your post that you're more aptly suited to write for penthouse forum for a queer audience. I gather that, in dadt speak, that's 'naval communications'.

Right you are logroller. You despicable excuse for whatever. I managed to create you by doing exactly what you said. Feel better now? At least I know who my real parents are. So. If you want to continue your little boy, spoiled brat antics. Nobody cares how good you feel about DADT. It's no longer dark for you.

logroller
10-26-2013, 03:58 PM
I being an old Southern country boy usually just call it "ammo". Never had anybody yet not understand what I was talking about... Down here we learn " pass the ammo" shortly after learning "pass the biscuits please, thank you ma'am" -;)--Tyr
You call it ammo by virtue of knowing what it is. I'm not a southern boy, but I cal it ammo because its ammunition, not 'bullets'. I can grant a fair degree of latitude to a layperson, but a senior military person, not so.

Being raised around firearms you likely can, as can I, tell if someone is in the know. Someone who talks about bullets when they mean ammunition is typically not familiar with firearms in the least and I watch them like a hawk because in my experience those are the same people that forget to keep the bullet-end of the bang stick pointed away from me. I find an easy way to screen such people is to hand them a firearm (usually after clearing it right in front of them); if they don't check it, I know they need a lesson on firearms. Same for a loaded weapon for that matter; check the safety, bolt and cylinder/mag-- takes me all of 3 seconds-- time that could mean the difference between life and death....you know, because the ammo in those things is directly related to bullets coming out. ;)

Larrymc
10-26-2013, 04:22 PM
You call it ammo by virtue of knowing what it is. I'm not a southern boy, but I cal it ammo because its ammunition, not 'bullets'. I can grant a fair degree of latitude to a layperson, but a senior military person, not so.

Being raised around firearms you likely can, as can I, tell if someone is in the know. Someone who talks about bullets when they mean ammunition is typically not familiar with firearms in the least and I watch them like a hawk because in my experience those are the same people that forget to keep the bullet-end of the bang stick pointed away from me. I find an easy way to screen such people is to hand them a firearm (usually after clearing it right in front of them); if they don't check it, I know they need a lesson on firearms. Same for a loaded weapon for that matter; check the safety, bolt and cylinder/mag-- takes me all of 3 seconds-- time that could mean the difference between life and death....you know, because the ammo in those things is directly related to bullets coming out. ;)All good info for those not in the know, and i just might be one, because i sure thought Bullets were Ammo, and Ammo was Bullets although not exclusively Hmmm

logroller
10-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Right you are logroller. You despicable excuse for whatever. I managed to create you by doing exactly what you said. Feel better now? At least I know who my real parents are. So. If you want to continue your little boy, spoiled brat antics. Nobody cares how good you feel about DADT. It's no longer dark for you.

My antics? :laugh: it was you who started in with the antics, saying if I were a Marine Id be some fairy. Now after being thoroughly pummeled with the can of whip ass you opened you've taken to insulting my family by inferring I'm a bastard... For your own sake, Don't Go there.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-26-2013, 04:45 PM
All good info for those not in the know, and i just might be one, because i sure thought Bullets were Ammo, and Ammo was Bullets although not exclusively Hmmm There is a difference. For example a man having a bullet in him does have the casing and powder that sent it in him too. Yet when asking how many bullets do you have left one does not say how many ammo do you have left. However Log made the point about a military man saying bullets instead of ammunition and I have to agree in that sense. Although when a civilian says bullets I know he means the bad stuff and I surely do not want to be on the wrong end of receiving it.;) So far, knock on wood haven't but had a few close calls in my time.. Had the nozzle of a 30'06 rifle about two feet from my chest pointed dead at me with the mighty pissed off dude shouting , "do you want some of this"/ I calmly told him , "buddy haven't a clue who you are pissed off at but best you go in there and shoot him and leave me the hell alone. The guy went to the front door of the club cursed at some people ran about 60 feet away to his truck turned and fired three rounds into the building. I was only about 6 feet left of the door standing next to this super hot chick's car and had been talking to her when the thing started but was on the ground by the time shots number two and three whizzed by. He hit above the door of the building with two of the shots ,we found no evidence of the impact of the third. Later found out his girlfriend was in there with another man! After it was all over and he had raced away in his truck I got up and started talking to the now terrified girl. She was amazed I wasn't scared, truth is I was too mean and too concentrated on talking her into going home with me to worry about such damn trivial shat as that. After all , some things are more important when a man is that young and has his needs!! :laugh: Next day she asked me why I wasn't scared. I told her , I was scared stupid and left it at that. Yet I hadn't been and now know how crazy I was during a decade long period in my life when I lived as if I'd never make it to thirty!-Tyr

aboutime
10-26-2013, 04:47 PM
My antics? :laugh: it was you who started in with the antics, saying if I were a Marine Id be some fairy. Now after being thoroughly pummeled with the can of whip ass you opened you've taken to insulting my family by inferring I'm a bastard... For your own sake, Don't Go there.

DID NOT STUTTER. And you can make up any word you want. Show us all where I said anything about a fairy. Unless you are so easily offended.

Abbey Marie
10-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Seems tough enough to be a Marine. Let them at least enjoy wearing the uniform they signed up to wear.

logroller
10-26-2013, 04:50 PM
All good info for those not in the know, and i just might be one, because i sure thought Bullets were Ammo, and Ammo was Bullets although not exclusively Hmmm
Bullets are part of the ammunition, sort of like wheels to a car. one might say "hey, I got a new set of wheels." Now maybe they're talking about getting a new car but, technically, the wheels are the round things with the tires, not the whole car.

logroller
10-26-2013, 05:50 PM
DID NOT STUTTER. And you can make up any word you want. Show us all where I said anything about a fairy. Unless you are so easily offended.
Oh really? What is this inferring if not that I'm a fairy--

In general, a man dressing up in frilly cloths and wearing eye makeup is being some kind of fairy; that was intended as an insult upon my masculinity and you know it; but go ahead and deny it if it's not enough for you to be a cantankerous troll and you want to add liar to your set of dismal attributes...But you might have to change your signature.

You didn't stutter, not that I could tell if you had being that it was written; yet again evidencing your cognitive disfunction. you really need to drop this before your last two brain cells burst; your town surely needs its idiot.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Oh really? What is this inferring if not that I'm a fairy--

In general, a man dressing up in frilly cloths and wearing eye makeup is being some kind of fairy; that was intended as an insult upon my masculinity and you know it; but go ahead and deny it if it's not enough for you to be a cantankerous troll and you want to add liar to your set of dismal attributes...But you might have to change your signature.

You didn't stutter, not that I could tell if you had being that it was written; yet again evidencing your cognitive disfunction. you really need to drop this before your last two brain cells burst; your town surely needs its idiot. Now ,now lets not be down on crossdressers not all of them are gay.. ;) The dark lord protects them too. ;) We are about to embark on a journey where everything is tolerated except patriotism, Christian morality and honesty. All thanks to the dark lord and his dumbass mass of ignorant followers. I've crossed swords here with you in the past and have no doubt about your masculinity. We all must remember the old days of having morals and expressing contempt for perverts are over thanks to the enlightenment of Obama. Can't we all just get along???? I am a lousy appeaser aren't I? :laugh:-tYR

actsnoblemartin
10-26-2013, 06:40 PM
I just realized, Obama's military anyone?
My son the Marine just laughed at this story. And both of us, with many of his friends still in uniform are wondering when OBAMA and his Merry Band of Wussies will also authorize the new

AK-47 Adjustable Limp Wrist Weapon that shoots a tiny WHITE FLAG at the enemy?

It will match the Female Marine Issue Cover (called a hat) by the Village People.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/InBXu-iY7cw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Larrymc
10-26-2013, 07:22 PM
There is a difference. For example a man having a bullet in him does have the casing and powder that sent it in him too. Yet when asking how many bullets do you have left one does not say how many ammo do you have left. However Log made the point about a military man saying bullets instead of ammunition and I have to agree in that sense. Although when a civilian says bullets I know he means the bad stuff and I surely do not want to be on the wrong end of receiving it.;) So far, knock on wood haven't but had a few close calls in my time.. Had the nozzle of a 30'06 rifle about two feet from my chest pointed dead at me with the mighty pissed off dude shouting , "do you want some of this"/ I calmly told him , "buddy haven't a clue who you are pissed off at but best you go in there and shoot him and leave me the hell alone. The guy went to the front door of the club cursed at some people ran about 60 feet away to his truck turned and fired three rounds into the building. I was only about 6 feet left of the door standing next to this super hot chick's car and had been talking to her when the thing started but was on the ground by the time shots number two and three whizzed by. He hit above the door of the building with two of the shots ,we found no evidence of the impact of the third. Later found out his girlfriend was in there with another man! After it was all over and he had raced away in his truck I got up and started talking to the now terrified girl. She was amazed I wasn't scared, truth is I was too mean and too concentrated on talking her into going home with me to worry about such damn trivial shat as that. After all , some things are more important when a man is that young and has his needs!! :laugh: Next day she asked me why I wasn't scared. I told her , I was scared stupid and left it at that. Yet I hadn't been and now know how crazy I was during a decade long period in my life when I lived as if I'd never make it to thirty!-TyrI remember thinking id never make it to thirty, some twenty two years ago seems like a life time ago.

logroller
10-26-2013, 08:33 PM
There is a difference. For example a man having a bullet in him does have the casing and powder that sent it in him too. Yet when asking how many bullets do you have left one does not say how many ammo do you have left.
I'd say "how many rounds do you have left?", as in, rounds of ammunition.
I wouldn't say, "I've got a 15-bullet magazine", would you? Were You to buy a box of gun makey go boom stuff, would you describe it as 50 bullets of 9mm or 50 rounds of 9mm?

Now maybe I'd talk about how many different rounds I have using terms like JHP, FMJ or #00, slug or #6, or ballistic-tipped steel-core penetrator to differentiate one round's "bullet" (projectile, really) from another, it would be completely watered-down to refer to any round as a "bullet". You may disagree for the sake of laypersons' feelings but you know I'm right.

Id be more impressed if someone said they had thousands of primers rather than bullets. I can save casings and meltdown fishing weights to cast my own bullets; not having primers though, I haven't any more a clue on how to make a primer than I do convert my 1911 to a flintlock. :eek:

However Log made the point about a military man saying bullets instead of ammunition and I have to agree in that sense.
:beer: The whole bullet thing is some Barney fife stuff, right?

And by agree, do you mean that were You a Marine, You would cross dress in a non-gay way?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-26-2013, 10:56 PM
I'd say "how many rounds do you have left?", as in, rounds of ammunition.
I wouldn't say, "I've got a 15-bullet magazine", would you? Were You to buy a box of gun makey go boom stuff, would you describe it as 50 bullets of 9mm or 50 rounds of 9mm?

Now maybe I'd talk about how many different rounds I have using terms like JHP, FMJ or #00, slug or #6, or ballistic-tipped steel-core penetrator to differentiate one round's "bullet" (projectile, really) from another, it would be completely watered-down to refer to any round as a "bullet". You may disagree for the sake of laypersons' feelings but you know I'm right.

Id be more impressed if someone said they had thousands of primers rather than bullets. I can save casings and meltdown fishing weights to cast my own bullets; not having primers though, I haven't any more a clue on how to make a primer than I do convert my 1911 to a flintlock. :eek:

:beer: The whole bullet thing is some Barney fife stuff, right?

And by agree, do you mean that were You a Marine, You would cross dress in a non-gay way? I was with you on criticizing the military guy saying bullets. I just thought maybe he said bullets because many civilians understand it that way. Of course I say rounds but I've been shooting guns since 6 years old and have in my lifetime shot a total of over 30 or 40 thousand rounds , tis why I have a slight hearing impairment from shooting without ear protection. Those large caliber weapons are tough on the ears if a guy is dumb enough not to protect his ears. I used to target practice every weekend and shoot up maybe 8 to 10 boxes of ammo, sometimes even more. Cross dressing ain't my style. I did however like it when my girlfriends used to put on my t-shirt and nothing else! All my wives cross dressed like that too. Tis' why I stated not all of the cross dressers are gay. ;)--Tyr

red states rule
10-27-2013, 05:59 AM

LR I doubt if the US military is that desperate to accept something like you. However if they did take you I suspect the ONLY duty you would be qualified for would be PLO

Like FU you would need 4 promotions to make asshole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1MEiWMEFso

Arbo
11-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Wow, what a cluster. But since this is supposed to be about a hat: Who cares. The military is always busy changing uniforms, I know 'dungarees' got a makeover while I was in, then they dropped them for a blue cammo (as if you need to hide on a ship)… A lot of it makes no sense. And it's not about what you wear, it's about your service, hell, nothing is worse than the old dixie cup hats.

namvet
12-06-2013, 12:23 PM
its a hoax

story link (http://www.stripes.com/news/us/marines-shoot-down-internet-story-on-obama-s-alleged-push-for-girly-hats-1.248963)

Arbo
12-06-2013, 12:35 PM
its a hoax

story link (http://www.stripes.com/news/us/marines-shoot-down-internet-story-on-obama-s-alleged-push-for-girly-hats-1.248963)

But…. Obama…. it must be that HE TOLD THEM TO SAY IT WASN'T HIS DOING! :laugh::laugh:

(lordy lordy, yet another story that outraged so many found to be bunk, go figure)

jimnyc
12-06-2013, 12:47 PM
But…. Obama…. it must be that HE TOLD THEM TO SAY IT WASN'T HIS DOING! :laugh::laugh:

(lordy lordy, yet another story that outraged so many found to be bunk, go figure)

I'm not sure one can criticize the posting of this article, as it was also out there from every other major media outlet, and there's a tad truth to the fact they were looking into a potential change. If one reads a story, sometimes some due diligence would be required to ensure it wasn't a scam post, but at the posting of this article it was all over the place and appeared to be valid.

And I would STILL be outraged that ANYONE would want to change it, whether Obama or not, so I don't see false outrage. Other than someone saying he 'wants' them to look girly, I don't think it was a stretch to think that the idea did in fact emanate from him, as opposed to the DOD.

Arbo
12-06-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure one can criticize the posting of this article, as it was also out there from every other major media outlet, and there's a tad truth to the fact they were looking into a potential change. If one reads a story, sometimes some due diligence would be required to ensure it wasn't a scam post, but at the posting of this article it was all over the place and appeared to be valid.

And I would STILL be outraged that ANYONE would want to change it, whether Obama or not, so I don't see false outrage. Other than someone saying he 'wants' them to look girly, I don't think it was a stretch to think that the idea did in fact emanate from him, as opposed to the DOD.

The story was posted as 'OBAMA WANTS MARINES TO…' That is been proven false. Of course the initial posting also suggest this is 'an obvious step in the demoralization of our military'. Again, BOGUS.

And as the TRUTH comes out, it isn't about wanting people to change, it's because a company that makes one of the hats is going out of business. Period.

That the initial story was reported by many different media outfits means squat. No, that's incorrect, it means that MANY reporters showed how bad they are, as it would have taken very little effort for them to get in touch with the Marines and get the real story.

jimnyc
12-06-2013, 01:05 PM
The story was posted as 'OBAMA WANTS MARINES TO…' That is been proven false. Of course the initial posting also suggest this is 'an obvious step in the demoralization of our military'. Again, BOGUS.

And as the TRUTH comes out, it isn't about wanting people to change, it's because a company that makes one of the hats is going out of business. Period.

That the initial story was reported by many different media outfits means squat. No, that's incorrect, it means that MANY reporters showed how bad they are, as it would have taken very little effort for them to get in touch with the Marines and get the real story.

It does mean squat, it means that when it was posted, it was by no fault of the poster and nothing to criticize them for, as apparently all the media was hoaxed as well. So yes, where it emanated from turns out to be false. But you seemed more interested in laughing at those who posted about it, than realizing that they/we too were taken in by something that Fox/CNN/Reuters/AP and others reported.

Arbo
12-06-2013, 01:11 PM
It does mean squat, it means that when it was posted, it was by no fault of the poster and nothing to criticize them for, as apparently all the media was hoaxed as well. So yes, where it emanated from turns out to be false. But you seemed more interested in laughing at those who posted about it, than realizing that they/we too were taken in by something that Fox/CNN/Reuters/AP and others reported.

You sure like defending others. This is a whole thread bitching about Obama when he has nothing to do with it. You can spin away the stupidity of that reality all you like, but it will never change it.

jimnyc
12-06-2013, 01:16 PM
You sure like defending others. This is a whole thread bitching about Obama when he has nothing to do with it. You can spin away the stupidity of that reality all you like, but it will never change it.

It's got nothing whatsoever with defending others, but rather correcting someone when they laugh at another or lay blame somewhere where it doesn't belong. If you take issue with this turning out to be false - condemn those who printed it, not the people who simply rely on major media for accurate reporting. But in addition to condemning the shoddy reporting, you want to use it as a moment to criticize those who fell for it. It's lame, immature, babyish & 100% misguided in my opinion. But whatever, sit here in your crappy diapers and laugh because your enemies fell for a false story. Tata! :laugh:

Arbo
12-06-2013, 01:18 PM
It's got nothing whatsoever with defending others,

Oh bullshit, you run to the defense of so many people it's amazing you have any feet left, they should be worn off by now.

jimnyc
12-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Oh bullshit, you run to the defense of so many people it's amazing you have any feet left, they should be worn off by now.

What can I say? I'm a people's person.