PDA

View Full Version : Makes an interesting point about hunters.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Interesting slant on things
AMERICA'S HUNTERS ---

Pretty Amazing!

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
Allow me to restate that number: 600,000!

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

(That’s more men under arms than in Iran . More than France and Germany combined. )

These men, deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms,
and NO ONE WAS KILLED.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and
Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, ALL OF WHOM HAVE RETURNED HOME SAFELY.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the
hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states.
It's millions more.

________ The point? _______________________________________

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower!

Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer.

It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought, when next we consider gun control, whether you agree with it or not.

Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters
don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain...
What army of 2 million would want to face 30 million, 40 million, or 50 million armed citizens???
For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.

(IF YOU AGREE, AS I DO, PASS IT ON, I FEEL GOOD THAT I HAVE AN ARMY OF MILLIONS WHO WOULD PROTECT OUR LAND AND I SURE DON'T WANT
THE GOVERNMENT TAKING CONTROL OF THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS Got that in an email from a friend. Makes an interesting point. Hunters know how to use their guns!!! Some of us started as very young kids too! I started at 6 years old myself. --Tyr

aboutime
10-25-2013, 09:24 PM
That....is really good to know. And, something I doubt the Obama administration has ever considered seriously.

Another great point, not mentioned Tyr, is...Of all of those Hunters in each state.

Do ya think Obama knows how many of them ARE American Veterans, active, and retired???

The 2ND Amendment is still STRONG, and UNBREAKABLE.

THANK GOD, AND BLESS AMERICA.

red state
07-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Yes, Aboutime, but the bad thing is that these guys are LAW ABIDING citizens and many (I dare say most) will follow the letter of the law. I say this out of observations over the years with laws that have nothing to do with safety but EVERYTHING to do with controlling the public.

Good thread, Tyr. I've actually seen this (and possibly sent you a copy) some time ago. Sorry that I missed this thread but I'm here now and it is better late than never. Perhaps I have given new life to the thread with the gloomy facts I've presented (as I see them).

I don't consider myself an outlaw BUT I do not adhere to laws that infringe upon my GOD given rights. As a land owner, I have not purchased a hunting license in over a decade+. As a 2nd Amendment American, I believe that the 2nd Amendment is (IS) my carry permit and/or my conceal carry permit. As Anthony Hopkins said in Legend of the Fall......."SCREW 'EM!" I'm not sure if my State has that sorry excuse of a law that prohibits hunters from having ammo readily/easily available within their cab or if we are supposed to have loaded rifles, shotguns, pistols or 'other' within our cab during deer season but (AGAIN) I say screw 'em!!!! The 2nd Amendment never said that we were to make ourselves vulnerable to thieves, murderers or vicious attack simply to make the game warden's jobs easier in catching poachers hunting/shooting from the road.

I don't consider myself an outlaw but I have always known that I'm a REBEL.....Cherokee Rebel through and through. Haven't deer hunted with a rifle in a decade or less but that isn't to say I will stand for stupid laws that go against our beloved LAW of the LAND our founders so wisely put to paper. We've allowed FAR too many "laws" that have over-ridden the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Having a loaded gun at all times and in most EVERY situation or location is my God given right and I will practice that right regardless of what our "law givers" pass.