PDA

View Full Version : Everybody Is Willing To Pay More In Taxes

red states rule
10-27-2013, 06:13 AM
So who here feels they are under taxed and wants to send DC more of their money?

Now here a few examples of what your tax dollars are being spent on currently - and Reid wants MORE?

The Waste List (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist) > Total Value of Government Waste: $36,986,404,949

http://thewastelist.nrcc.org/

Senate majority leader Harry Reid says that "Everybody" is "willing to pay more" taxes. He said so in an interview with a Nevada Public Radio host.
“The only people who feel there shouldn’t be more coming in to the federal government from the rich people are the Republicans in the Congress,” Reid told the radio host, according to Roll Call (http://blogs.rollcall.com/wgdb/reid-theres-not-going-to-be-a-grand-bargain/). “Everybody else, including the rich people, are willing to pay more. They want to pay more.”
Reid rebuked the Nevada Public Radio host when he was asked what Republicans would have to concede to get Medicare and Social Security cuts on the table.

“You keep talking about Medicare and Social Security. Get something else in your brain. Stop talking about that. That is not going to happen this time. There is not going to be a grand bargain,” Reid said. “What we need to do is have Murray and her counterpart in the House, Ryan, work together to come up with something to get out of this senseless sequestration and start the budgeting process so that we can do normal appropriation bills.”

Reid said Republicans would have to agree to more tax revenue to get anywhere near a bigger deal.

“They have their mind set on doing nothing, nothing more on revenue, and until they get off that kick, there’s not going to be a grand bargain on — there’s not going to be a small bargain,” Reid said. “We’re just going to have to do something to work our way through sequestration.”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/harry-reid-everybody-willing-pay-more-taxes_764666.html

Gaffer
10-27-2013, 08:39 AM
reid is a known lair. He opens his mouth and a lie comes out. I think reid should be made to pay 95% of his earnings in taxes. Along with serving 30 years in a super max prison.

red states rule
10-27-2013, 08:46 AM
reid is a known lair. He opens his mouth and a lie comes out. I think reid should be made to pay 95% of his earnings in taxes. Along with serving 30 years in a super max prison.

Gaffer, I honestly believe that Reid (and many others on the left) actually believe my "net pay" is lost revenue to the government. And he is willing to whatever it takes to correct the situation

aboutime
10-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Somebody should remind Harry Reid about the day he agreed with, and applauded Obama for saying this:

http://youtu.be/Q8erePM8V5U

red states rule
10-28-2013, 02:23 AM
This also sums up what a serial liar Obama is and how anyone who believes anything he says is a fool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65n2lsnZ8qo

glockmail
10-28-2013, 08:00 AM
reid is a known lair. He opens his mouth and a lie comes out. I think reid should be made to pay 95% of his earnings in taxes. Along with serving 30 years in a super max prison.Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think of Dingy Harry. :laugh:

aboutime
10-28-2013, 02:08 PM
This also sums up what a serial liar Obama is and how anyone who believes anything he says is a fool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65n2lsnZ8qo

red states rule. Those snippets of Obama in video's using his favorite line "Not one thin dime", was nothing more than a typical, liberal, trick with the English language.

Obama knows. Nearly every American who voted for him IS NOT SMART ENOUGH to recognize his PLAY ON WORDS. And he knows HE IS NOT LYING when he says "DIME" because he simply isn't admitting. "IT'S MUCH MORE THAN A THIN DIME".

So, technically. It's not another OBAMA LIE. Just a word game he dares anyone to challenge.

red states rule
10-29-2013, 02:31 AM
red states rule. Those snippets of Obama in video's using his favorite line "Not one thin dime", was nothing more than a typical, liberal, trick with the English language.

Obama knows. Nearly every American who voted for him IS NOT SMART ENOUGH to recognize his PLAY ON WORDS. And he knows HE IS NOT LYING when he says "DIME" because he simply isn't admitting. "IT'S MUCH MORE THAN A THIN DIME".

So, technically. It's not another OBAMA LIE. Just a word game he dares anyone to challenge.

It is amazing how all we hear from the Obama lap dogs is the sound of crickets chirping

After all where will Obama get the needed funds to fix the Obamacare website? To help those who lost their current coverage pay for more expensive plans they do not want? Or cover the cost Of Obama traveling endlessly back and forth across America campaigning for Dems?

To them these are vital priorities that need immediate funding for the "rich"

aboutime
10-29-2013, 02:16 PM
It is amazing how all we hear from the Obama lap dogs is the sound of crickets chirping

After all where will Obama get the needed funds to fix the Obamacare website? To help those who lost their current coverage pay for more expensive plans they do not want? Or cover the cost Of Obama traveling endlessly back and forth across America campaigning for Dems?

To them these are vital priorities that need immediate funding for the "rich"

red states rule. Along those same lines. This morning, I listened to the Congressional hearing about Obamacare. And the woman (named TAVNER, I believe) being asked about whether She also registered for Obamacare, stated she wasn't eligible as a Government employee..since her Employer provides her healthcare. But...she had no answers about NUMBERS, and simply said "By Mid-November. We expect to have the information, and the numbers".
BS RUNS RAMPANT IN WASHINGTON.

red states rule
10-30-2013, 02:44 AM
It is normal for the average lib to run around thinking DC has a revenue and does not have a spending problem

I would like ONE liberal (and we have several here) to step up and defend ONE of the following examples of how politicians are spending our hard earned tax dollars

Or how about a government worker?

Will there be any takers (no pun intended)

BTW the list is VERY long so if you want to see more examples of "vital" government spending click on the link

Why did the U.S. government spend 2.6 million dollars to train Chinese prostitutes to drink responsibly? Why did the U.S. government spend $175,587 "to determine if cocaine makes Japanese quail engage in sexually risky behavior"? Why did the U.S. government spend nearly a million dollars on a new soccer field for detainees being held at Guantanamo Bay? This week when I saw that the IRS was about to pay out 70 million dollars in bonuses to their employees and that the U.S. government was going to be leaving 7 billion dollars worth of military equipment behind in Afghanistan, it caused me to reflect on all of the other crazy ways that the government has been wasting our money in recent years. So I decided to go back through my previous articles and put together a list. I call it "The Waste List".

Even though our politicians insist that there is very little that can still be cut out of the budget, the truth is that the federal budget is absolutely drowning in pork. The following are 66 crazy ways that the U.S. government is wasting your hard-earned money...

#1 The IRS is about to pay out 70 million dollars in bonuses to employees even though discretionary bonuses are supposed to be cancelled due to the sequester.

#2 According to the Washington Post, the U.S. government is going to leave 7 billion dollars worth of military equipment behind in Afghanistan.

#3 It is being projected that the trip that the Obamas will be making to Africa will cost U.S. taxpayers $100,000,000.

#4 The NIH plans to spend $509,840 on a study that "will send text messages in 'gay lingo' to methamphetamine addicts to try to persuade them to use fewer drugs and more condoms."

#5 The National Science Foundation has given $384,949 to Yale University to do a study on “Sexual Conflict, Social Behavior and the Evolution of Waterfowl Genitalia”. Try not to laugh, but much of this research involves examining and measuring the reproductive organs of male ducks.

#6 The IRS spent $60,000 on a film parody of “Star Trek” and a film parody of “Gilligan’s Island”. Internal Revenue Service employees were the actors in the two parodies, so as you can imagine the acting was really bad.

#7 The NIH has given $1.5 million to Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts to study why “three-quarters” of lesbians in the United States are overweight and why most gay males are not.

#8 The NIH has also spent $2.7 million to study why lesbians have more “vulnerability to hazardous drinking”.

#9 The U.S. government is giving sixteen F-16s and 200 Abrams tanks to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt even though the new president of Egypt, Mohammed Morsi (a member of the Muslim Brotherhood), constantly makes statements such as the following…

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-06-21/waste-list-66-ways-us-government-blowing-your-hard-earned-money