PDA

View Full Version : ‘Iran two weeks away from weapons-grade uranium’

jimnyc
10-29-2013, 07:14 AM
Iran could produce enough weapons-grade uranium to build an atomic weapon within two weeks and has, “in a certain way,” already reached the point of no return in its nuclear program, a former senior International Atomic Energy Association official said Monday.

“I believe that if certain arrangements are done, it could even go down to two weeks. So there are a lot of concerns out there that Iran can hopefully now address, in this new phase, both at the P5+1 [talks between Tehran and six world powers] and with the IAEA,” former IAEA deputy director Olli Heinonen said, confirming a report released last week by the Washington-based Institute for Science and International Security, which stated Iran could muster enough uranium for a bomb by converting all of its 20-percent enriched stockpile within 1 to 1.6 months.

Earlier on Monday, IAEA Director Yukiya Amano met in Vienna with Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi, Tehran’s top nuclear negotiator, ahead of two days of technical talks between Iranian representatives and the UN’s nuclear watchdog. Amano described his meeting as important in addressing “the outstanding issues regarding Iran’s nuclear program.”

Speaking to journalists on a conference call organized by The Israel Project, Heinonen contrived to sound optimistic and pessimistic at the same time.

“They are forward looking,” he about about the Iranian negotiators. “And I think they have realized that they don’t get away from this situation unless they answer properly the questions raised by the IAEA and concerns raised by the international community. So I’m to a certain degree hopeful. But we have to make sure that everything is covered.”

http://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-two-weeks-away-from-weapons-grade-uranium/

CSM
10-29-2013, 07:25 AM

To paraphrase the new US motto ... "what difference does it make?". I think that will look good on our coinage and appeal to more citizens than "in God we trust"

jafar00
10-29-2013, 01:50 PM
So says Israel. I don't suppose they produced any proof of this allegation?

Drummond
10-29-2013, 02:13 PM

Try this source, Jafar. Though they don't quite claim the two week period, they DO say that, if it really tried, Iran could get that far in around a month and a half.

The news report is four days old.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/25/world/meast/iran-nuclear-report/

Iran may need only a month to produce enough weapons-grade uranium for a nuclear bomb, a U.S.-based anti-proliferation group says in a new assessment of Tehran's enrichment program.

But that is only if the country were able to take the most extreme and direct enrichment path, says the Institute for Science and International Security in Washington. Under other scenarios, it would take significantly longer for Tehran to produce the material --

This piece allows the reader to assume what he or she wants. But the point is that, if Iran really tried, made their maximum effort, they could achieve that goal within weeks.

Jafar, could you perhaps prove for us that CNN is an Israeli channel ? Because, if not ....

aboutime
10-29-2013, 02:20 PM

Poor, poor jafar. Always looking for more ways to snipe at his most Hated nation, Israel. Too bad jafar. Your stupidity precedes you again.

The U.N. Nuclear Inspectors...NOT ISRAELI...filed a report being used by smarter people than you.

Gaffer
10-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Jafar despises shites as not muslims, but the idea of them getting a nuke to use against Israel sends a tingle down his leg.

Has it ever occurred to you that if Israel is attacked with a nuke they will launch nukes in return and not just at iran. Kiss mecca and median goodbye along with all major muslim cities.

aboutime
10-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Jafar despises shites as not muslims, but the idea of them getting a nuke to use against Israel sends a tingle down his leg.

Has it ever occurred to you that if Israel is attacked with a nuke they will launch nukes in return and not just at iran. Kiss mecca and median goodbye along with all major muslim cities.

Gaffer. Jafar despises anyone. Like you, and me, because we refuse to bow down, or lower ourselves to what his level seems to be.
When it comes to pretending to be NON-hostile, saying "I've got Jewish Friends". Just makes jafar sound like our Lower-life version of JESSE JACKSON, or AL SHARPTON who play the Crossed Fingers, Knife in the back games with Non-Black Americans....just before they would happily threaten them with Racist accusations...while SMILING, LAUGHING, and choking on their own STUPIDITY.

red states rule
10-30-2013, 04:28 AM

http://media-files.gathermedia.info/images/d951/d720/d744/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

red states rule
10-30-2013, 04:28 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090408173420/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/6/67/Funny_Explosion.jpg/250px-Funny_Explosion.jpg

If Iran wants a nuke I say give them a nuke

CSM
10-30-2013, 08:19 AM

Jafar, did you read the article? It wasn't Israel making that statement.

jimnyc
10-30-2013, 09:56 AM

Re-read the article. It's simply posted by an Israeli new source. Those they are getting their information from are people from or were from the IAEA. If the IAEA didn't have to negotiate access to their sites, which they still haven't allowed, maybe there would in fact be more proof. This type of news has been coming out in bits and pieces for the past few years, their refusal to work with other countries, their refusal to stop, their defiance in stating they will continue.

There's little to no doubt at all that they are close to weapons grade uranium. Now, whether or not they actually make a weapon, that's another story. But based on their actions over time, one would be VERY unwise to trust Iran.

aboutime
10-30-2013, 02:05 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090408173420/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/6/67/Funny_Explosion.jpg/250px-Funny_Explosion.jpg

If Iran wants a nuke I say give them a nuke

I think Iran should TEST it somewhere near their Government Resides.

Tell everyone to put their fingers in their ears to save their hearing, and

listen to the countdown..... 5....4.....3.....2....1.....5725 "IT WORKED......"

jafar00
10-31-2013, 03:03 AM
Try this source, Jafar. Though they don't quite claim the two week period, they DO say that, if it really tried, Iran could get that far in around a month and a half.The news report is four days old.http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/25/world/meast/iran-nuclear-report/This piece allows the reader to assume what he or she wants. But the point is that, if Iran really tried, made their maximum effort, they could achieve that goal within weeks.Jafar, could you perhaps prove for us that CNN is an Israeli channel ? Because, if not ....It's all "if" they do this, or "if" they do that with the nuclear material they already have which has not been enriched to weapons grade.Without hard proof they are enriching beyond what they need for power generation, this is pure speculation.
Jafar despises shites as not muslims, but the idea of them getting a nuke to use against Israel sends a tingle down his leg.Has it ever occurred to you that if Israel is attacked with a nuke they will launch nukes in return and not just at iran. Kiss mecca and median goodbye along with all major muslim cities.True I have no love for Iran, but I do recognise their right as a signatory of the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty to develop peaceful Nuclear Power. Good luck getting Israel to admit it has nukes, let alone sign the non proliferation treaty.

red states rule
10-31-2013, 03:07 AM
It's all "if" they do this, or "if" they do that with the nuclear material they already have which has not been enriched to weapons grade.Without hard proof they are enriching beyond what they need for power generation, this is pure speculation.True I have no love for Iran, but I do recognise their right as a signatory of the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty to develop peaceful Nuclear Power. Good luck getting Israel to admit it has nukes, let alone sign the non proliferation treaty.

But I know damn well you love Iran for wanting to wipe Israel off the map. And you would be one of the assholes dancing in the street if Iran dropped a nuke on downtown Jerusalem

Gaffer
10-31-2013, 04:48 AM
It's all "if" they do this, or "if" they do that with the nuclear material they already have which has not been enriched to weapons grade.Without hard proof they are enriching beyond what they need for power generation, this is pure speculation.True I have no love for Iran, but I do recognise their right as a signatory of the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty to develop peaceful Nuclear Power. Good luck getting Israel to admit it has nukes, let alone sign the non proliferation treaty.

They are not developing peaceful nuclear power and you know it. Russia had offered to provide them with the material needed for peaceful use, and even helped them build facilities for peaceful enrichment. They have gone way beyond what is necessary for peaceful purposes. First red flag, they won't let the inspectors in to view the sites. Second red flag, after years of sanctions they still refuse to cooperate. If it's for peaceful purposes why endure the sanctions. They are making bombs.

The un, a muslim and communist dominated organization that puts out resolutions against Israel almost weekly should be allowed to inspect Israeli territory for nukes? yeah right. And iran is breaking the non proliferation treaty by building nuclear bombs. Israel didn't sign the treaty, so they're not breaking the treaty.

I expect we will see some sort of Israeli strike on iran's nuclear facilities in the next month.

jimnyc
10-31-2013, 06:39 AM
They are not developing peaceful nuclear power and you know it. Russia had offered to provide them with the material needed for peaceful use, and even helped them build facilities for peaceful enrichment. They have gone way beyond what is necessary for peaceful purposes. First red flag, they won't let the inspectors in to view the sites. Second red flag, after years of sanctions they still refuse to cooperate. If it's for peaceful purposes why endure the sanctions. They are making bombs.

Bingo, and that's really all anyone needs to know. They are taking a page out of Saddam's playbook. They want to deny, deny, deny and continue to hinder inspectors. They were offered more than they need, and then some, and refused. Their defiance of inspectors alone raises HUGE red flags. Like you said, they would rather take large sanctions than cooperate with the international community. I hope whatever they are "hiding" is worth it.

jafar00
10-31-2013, 02:24 PM
They are not developing peaceful nuclear power and you know it.

No, I don't know it. Neither do you. There hasn't been a report from the inspectors to confirm your speculation either.

Gaffer
10-31-2013, 09:17 PM
No, I don't know it. Neither do you. There hasn't been a report from the inspectors to confirm your speculation either.

What part of "the inspectors haven't been allow access to the sites" don't you understand?

aboutime
11-03-2013, 09:29 PM
NOTICE: Tomorrow. November 4th, 2013 marks the end of the TWO WEEKS. ALMOST!!!!

red states rule
11-04-2013, 03:18 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz110113dAPR20131101024518.jpg

revelarts
11-04-2013, 01:07 PM
If these warnings are to be believed, Iran is only a few years away from unveiling a nuclear bomb...and has been for the past three decades. Fittingly, let's begin in 1984.

An April 24, 1984 article entitled "'Ayatollah' Bomb in Production for Iran" in United Press International referenced (http://www.gloria-center.org/meria/2002/06/quillen.html) a Jane's Intelligence Defense Weekly report warning that Iran was moving "very quickly" towards a nuclear weapon and could have one as early as 1986.

In response (http://books.google.com/books?id=yiaJOKiIx1kC&pg=PA31&dq=%22In+addition,+we+have+no+evidence+of+Iranian+ construction+of+other+facilities+that+would+be+nec essary+to+separate+plutonium+from+spent+reactor+fu el.%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=-3MDT97zPKfo0QGItYjFAg&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22In%20addition%2C%20we%20have%20no%20evidence% 20of%20Iranian%20construction%20of%20other%20facil ities%20that%20would%20be%20necessary%20to%20separ ate%20plutonium%20from%20spent%20reactor%20fuel.%2 2&f=false), a U.S. Department of State spokesman was reportedly quick to point out the official government belief that "it would take at least two to three years to complete construction of the reactors at Bushehr," adding that the light water power reactors at the Bushehr plant "are not particularly well-suited for a weapons program." He also noted that "we have no evidence of Iranian construction of other facilities that would be necessary to separate plutonium from spent reactor fuel."

Two months later, on June 27, 1984, in an article entitled "Senator says Iran, Iraq seek N-Bomb," Minority Whip of the U.S. Senate Alan Cranston was quoted as claiming (http://www.transnational.org/Area_MiddleEast/2010/Jahanpour_Irandeal.pdf) Iran was a mere seven years away from being able to build its own nuclear weapon.

In April 1987, the Washington Post published an article with the title "Atomic Ayatollahs: Just What the Mideast Needs – an Iranian Bomb," in which reporter David Segal wrote of the imminent threat of such a weapon.

The next year, in 1988, Iraq issued warnings (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/tehranbureau/2009/02/going-nuclear-before-and-after.html) that Tehran was at the nuclear threshold.

By late 1991, Congressional reports (http://books.google.com/books?id=dZy0nElLHJsC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Iran%E2%80%99s+Weapons+of+Mass+Destruction:+The +Real+and+Potential+Threat&source=bl&ots=XmLNxUsJ_H&sig=DnQONptz6R-04o_CDM5wFNn1HQk&hl=en&ei=Jj8UTeyZA4O8lQeC3vzpCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false) and CIA assessments maintained (http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-09-23/how-to-keep-iran-in-check-without-war/full/) a "high degree of certainty that the government of Iran has acquired all or virtually all of the components required for the construction of two to three nuclear weapons."

On October 31, 1991, Elaine Sciolino reported (http://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/31/world/report-says-iran-seeks-atomic-arms.html) for The New York Times that "an American intelligence assessment has concluded that at least some of Iran's revolutionary leaders are intent on developing nuclear weapons." The report quotes Anthony Cordesman, a military expert and author of "Weapons of Mass Destruction in the Middle East," as saying, "There is no doubt that Iran is pursuing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and seeking to obtain long-range missiles from North Korea and to develop them in Iran."....
there's continuing hysterical prediction here...
http://www.wideasleepinamerica.com/2010/12/phantom-menace-fantasies-falsehoods-and.html

How many times does our gov't, Media mouth pieces and Chicken Hawks have to Cry WOLF before we stop running out of the city ready to fight Iran?

Do you think maybe there might be another agaenga in mind with 30 years the baiting the U.S. public with this dire claim?

Gaffer
11-04-2013, 08:11 PM
How many times does our gov't, Media mouth pieces and Chicken Hawks have to Cry WOLF before we stop running out of the city ready to fight Iran?

Do you think maybe there might be another agaenga in mind with 30 years the baiting the U.S. public with this dire claim?

They have wanted a bomb for 30 years and now they are about to get one. Don't worry about a thing rev. Fanatical religious nut jobs that want to start the apocalypse are about to get nukes, but if we just be nice to them they'll nuke us last.

Did you see the news today where they had a big march in Tehran calling for the destruction of the US. Nothing to worry about there huh. It's just chicken little stuff. Do you actually believe our glorious leader will do anything about iran? I'm sure Israel is poopooing this just as you are. The only agenda I see is iran's, to start a nuclear war.

Arbo
11-04-2013, 08:24 PM

It's much like the whole 'end of the world' cults isn't it? The world has been coming to an end in a matter of years as long as humans have been around. Kinda funny to watch the chicken littles run around though.

In reality, if they get a bomb, they might well use it, which would ensure that Iran was wiped off the face of the map. It wouldn't take long, and perhaps the end results would be worth it. Never have to deal with them again, eh?

Gaffer
11-04-2013, 08:36 PM
It's much like the whole 'end of the world' cults isn't it? The world has been coming to an end in a matter of years as long as humans have been around. Kinda funny to watch the chicken littles run around though.

In reality, if they get a bomb, they might well use it, which would ensure that Iran was wiped off the face of the map. It wouldn't take long, and perhaps the end results would be worth it. Never have to deal with them again, eh?

iran is ruled by an end of the world cult. They are also working on ICBM's in the guise of launching satellites. But what's to worry about huh?

Arbo
11-04-2013, 08:39 PM
iran is ruled by an end of the world cult. They are also working on ICBM's in the guise of launching satellites. But what's to worry about huh?

Odd's are they'd hit the coast. Then we'd wipe them off the map. I don't care, I don't live on the coast.

red states rule
11-05-2013, 05:31 AM
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/images/iran-attacking-israel.jpg

revelarts
11-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Very informative interview, re: Iran, Arabi, Israel, U.S....

http://scotthorton.org/2013/11/05/110413-lawrence-wilkerson/

Gaffer
11-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Very informative interview, re: Iran, Arabi, Israel, U.S....

http://scotthorton.org/2013/11/05/110413-lawrence-wilkerson/

A nice Jew hating site there rev.

revelarts
11-11-2013, 04:41 AM
A nice Jew hating site there rev.
It's a non racist libertarian foreign policy Site G.
But Please show me the "Jew hating" Gaffer.
Just point out to me any "Jews are an evil race" or "Jews rule the world" rhetoric OR ANYTHING close to that please.
Or what you'd consider "Jew Hating".

After you do that maybe you can comment on the interview with William and Mary Professor Wilkerson, Colon Powell's former chief of staff.

red states rule
11-11-2013, 04:50 AM
From what I have seen, Iran is stalling

John Kerry (who served in Viet Nam) is being played for a fool

and Israel is out of patience and is ready to solve the problem right now. I hope Israel hits Iran with everything they have and puts an end to this situation

revelarts
11-11-2013, 05:00 AM
From what I have seen, Iran is stalling

John Kerry (who served in Viet Nam) is being played for a fool

and Israel is out of patience and is ready to solve the problem right now. I hope Israel hits Iran with everything they have and puts an end to this situation

Soooo compiling with the IAEA is stalling now?
or waiting for 30 years to get 1 nuke is stalling?

red states rule
11-11-2013, 05:04 AM
Soooo compiling with the IAEA is stalling now?
or waiting for 30 years to get 1 nuke is stalling?

Rev you are a nice guy. We would have a lot of laughs over dinner and probably could become good friends

But you are soooooo naïve. The new leader of Iran is on the records for stalling and buying time so Iran could build a nuke. It is obvious that is what is going on

At least Israel is not buying this BS and is willing to step up and do what needs to be done.

revelarts
11-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Rev you are a nice guy. We would have a lot of laughs over dinner and probably could become good friends

But you are soooooo naïve. The new leader of Iran is on the records for stalling and buying time so Iran could build a nuke. It is obvious that is what is going on

At least Israel is not buying this BS and is willing to step up and do what needs to be done.
naïve? lol ok. -just check all my comments on Iran-
red states rule i think your good people too ,
but it sure seems to me that you can't have it both ways , Iran is mad to Israel and is adeath cult but they can have patience to wait 10- 20- 30 years before ANY overt attack on any nation. even as their own scientist have been killed, facilities have been hacked, corrupted and bombed. They have U.S. backed terrorist groups plaguing their civilians and military. And U.S. war ships sailing around their coast. Not to mention sanctions.
That is after they've agreed to every request every other country in the IAEA has complied with and more.

The amount of forbearance doesn't tell me they are mad dog Muslims ready to for kamikaze style martyrdom. But if all the above had been done TOO US, i think many here would be crying for blood.

red states rule
11-11-2013, 06:34 AM
naïve? lol ok. -just check all my comments on Iran-
red states rule i think your good people too ,
but it sure seems to me that you can't have it both ways , Iran is mad to Israel and is adeath cult but they can have patience to wait 10- 20- 30 years before ANY overt attack on any nation. even as their own scientist have been killed, facilities have been hacked, corrupted and bombed. They have U.S. backed terrorist groups plaguing their civilians and military. And U.S. war ships sailing around their coast. Not to mention sanctions.
That is after they've agreed to every request every other country in the IAEA has complied with and more.

The amount of forbearance doesn't tell me they are mad dog Muslims ready to for kamikaze style martyrdom. But if all the above had been done TOO US, i think many here would be crying for blood.

No Iran wants to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth rev. So far the "accidents" that have happened to Iran have been slowed them down from getting the bomb and served as warnings NOT to continue trying

Israel has shown great restraint and they will not wait much longer

I say do what Obama dies not have the guts to do and take out their nuclear facilities

Of course history has shown Rev nobody can reason with dictators and terrorists. All they understand is force

revelarts
11-11-2013, 07:16 AM
No Iran wants to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth rev. So far the "accidents" that have happened to Iran have been slowed them down from getting the bomb and served as warnings NOT to continue trying
Israel has shown great restraint and they will not wait much longer.
I say do what Obama dies not have the guts to do and take out their nuclear facilities

Of course history has shown Rev nobody can reason with dictators and terrorists. All they understand is force

Accept when we negotiated with the Soviets for 40 years, and China, and the Russians now. and North Korea Now.
North Korea "wants to attack south Korea.. maybe even Japan!!" some of our best allies in the region. We should bomb them ASAP right?

Iran's NOT any worse than NK. the main difference strategically is that China's not standing behind Iran daring us to touch them.

red states rule
11-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Accept when we negotiated with the Soviets for 40 years, and China, and the Russians now. and North Korea Now.
North Korea "wants to attack south Korea.. maybe even Japan!!" some of our best allies in the region. We should bomb them ASAP right?

Iran's NOT any worse than NK. the main difference strategically is that China's not standing behind Iran daring us to touch them.

Iran is much worse Rev as they are crazy enough to USE the bomb if they get one. I am not worried as Israel has the balls to do what is needed. Afterwards, Obama can continue to stay on the campaign trail, and John Kerry (who served in Viet Nam) can continue to spend time on his yacht

BTW as far as the UN and the IAEA here are the top 10 UN slogans

http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/imaoun500.gif

Gaffer
11-11-2013, 11:48 PM
It's a non racist libertarian foreign policy Site G.
But Please show me the "Jew hating" Gaffer.
Just point out to me any "Jews are an evil race" or "Jews rule the world" rhetoric OR ANYTHING close to that please.
Or what you'd consider "Jew Hating".

After you do that maybe you can comment on the interview with William and Mary Professor Wilkerson, Colon Powell's former chief of staff.

The first few sentences were about, "that's what Israel wants". Like the US is doing what Israel says. I heard that and shut it off.

I said years ago that I thought you were naive. I still do. You actually believe iran is only making one bomb? You actually believe they wouldn't use nukes to strike Israel and any other country they can reach in order to start a world wide nuclear exchange? It's part of their religious beliefs. As for NK, the only thing that prevents them from attacking SK is the fact lil kim would cease to exist, along with all his toys and comforts. So he will only push things so far. lil kim will not do anything that will hurt lil kim. The ayatollah of iran on the other hand is a very different story.

You don't have to worry, kerry is talking with the iranians and making appeasement deals. He got his negotiating experience back in the 70's when he secretly met with the North Vietnamese during the Paris Peace Accords and got them to reject the offers and extended the war for many months. Nothing good will come from anything kerry has a hand in.

I don't know where you get your news, but iran is not letting anyone in to see anything. All they are doing is talking. They learned that from saddam and NK. The old watch my hand trick. The new president of iran is nothing but a mouth piece. Kinda the jay carney of iran.

I'll repeat myself here. iran has forces fighting in syria. They have had forces fighting in iraq since 2003. hezbo is iranian controlled and has attacked Israel numerous times. Or do you consider that not attacking another country? They also attacked US forces in the gulf back in the 80's, they took a beating on that one.

They are being patient. They want all their ducks in a row before they actually make their move. The un a this administration are allowing them all the time they need. Better hope Israel takes action and sets them back a few years before they can do anything.

red states rule
11-12-2013, 05:06 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/bg111113dAPR20131111044529.jpg

revelarts
11-12-2013, 06:38 AM
The first few sentences were about, "that's what Israel wants". Like the US is doing what Israel says. I heard that and shut it off. I said years ago that I thought you were naive. I still do.

:rolleyes:, so there is no Israel lobby in Washington? who's naive? Do Japan and China have influence in Asian policies in Washington? Do the gays have power in democratic party? Do the Unions, do the military contrators have influence in congress? does Monsanto? do the banks have influence over monetary policy? In M.E. foreign affairs Israel has GREAT influence in Washington. they are a lobby that plays to both parties, that's a fact. And they do often,not always, get what they want. That's not some racist declaration. unless saying something bad against Obama's policy's make one a racist too. Then sure saying that Israel has influence in congress makes someone a racist as well then. just be consistent.

Do Blacks have influence in the democratic party? do blacks, Christians or the Israeli lobby always get what they want? NO. does it mean they don't sometimes or often get what they want?

what you almost heard was an AD. for a counter foreign affairs lobby group. I can post to you from a site that says the same thing about Turkey's surprising and OUTRIGHT criminal influence in Washington. But people here probably wouldn't comment or care or say that it's "TURK HATING"
so Please skip the AD listen to the interview i think you'll find it extremely interesting. You'll even agree with parts but it's nothing like what you seem to be characterizing it as.

You actually believe iran is only making one bomb? You actually believe they wouldn't use nukes to strike Israel and any other country they can reach in order to start a world wide nuclear exchange? It's part of their religious beliefs.
Please show me the passages in the Koran interpreted by the Ayatollahs as "nuclear war with Israel" and "Nuclear WW3 jihad after you enrich and get 10 nukes, jihad jihad jihad alli ackbar!!" Make sure you wait for years and years before you REALLY STRIKE!!! "

As for NK, the only thing that prevents them from attacking SK is the fact lil kim would cease to exist, along with all his toys and comforts. So he will only push things so far. lil kim will not do anything that will hurt lil kim. The ayatollah of iran on the other hand is a very different story.
I've never believed ayatollah's of Iran are as fervent as the young men they toss into the fires of defense. I'd suspect they are very comfortable and don't really plan on destorying their seats of power much more than lil kim or our own congress critters or the cardinals in Rome.

You don't have to worry, kerry is talking with the iranians and making appeasement deals. He got his negotiating experience back in the 70's when he secretly met with the North Vietnamese during the Paris Peace Accords and got them to reject the offers and extended the war for many months. Nothing good will come from anything kerry has a hand in.
I can't say i'm a Kerry fan and anything this admin does is suspect. Frankly i would not be surprised if the deal lights a match for war rather than stop one. but my point is that i believe Iran CAN be delt with peacefully. Carefully but peacefully.

I don't know where you get your news, but iran is not letting anyone in to see anything.so how do "YOU KNOW" what they are doing gaffer? as i pointed out they've been claim Iran is going to have a bomb and kill us all for 30 years. geez. where are you getting your news?

All they are doing is talking. They learned that from saddam and NK. The old watch my hand trick. The new president of iran is nothing but a mouth piece. Kinda the jay carney of iran.
I'll repeat myself here. iran has forces fighting in syria. yes they do, so do the Saudis and others They have had forces fighting in Iraq since 2003. hezbo is iranian controlled and has attacked Israel numerous times..OK wait right there... hezbo is "Iranian controlled" HMMMM Are you an Iranian hater? your saying that Hezbollah is Iranian controlled that means your a racist! I can JUST STOP READING ANYTHING ELSE YOU SAY ON THIS MATTER !!!!CLICK!

and has attacked Israel numerous times. Or do you consider that not attacking another country? They also attacked US forces in the gulf back in the 80's, they took a beating on that one.
By Loveday Morris,August 14, 2013

BEIRUT — Hezbollah said Wednesday that it planted explosives that hit an Israeli convoy last week and injured four soldiers. It was the Lebanese Shiite movement’s first claim of an operation against its southern neighbor since its 2006 war with Israel.

Hezbollah leader Hasan Nasrallah told Al Mayadeen television that the bombing took place inside Lebanese territory after an incursion by two Israeli military vehicles. Israel has confirmed that four soldiers were injured in a blast last week, but it has not commented on the accusations that its soldiers had crossed the border....

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-08-14/world/41408618_1_four-soldiers-israeli-soldiers-israel-defense

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2013/09/israel-threats-iran-hezbollah-hamas-missiles-us-attack-syria.html# Hezbollah's Empty Threats Against Israel

They are being patient. They want all their ducks in a row before they actually make their move. The un a this administration are allowing them all the time they need. Better hope Israel takes action and sets them back a few years before they can do anything.

As I've said before I would not be surprised if they are working toward some nuke bomb, If i were them I would too. But what i'm not Convinced of is the idea that when they get ONE-- or TEN-- that they will then go off in a mad JIHAD of guaranteed self destruction cause the koran YOU say tell them so. Thats just sounds like proaganda and the same BS war mongering that was used for Saddam.