PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with people?

-Cp
06-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Okay - is it just me or have we REALLY become a nation of candy-asses? Good Lord....

Case in point on this rant is how so many folks I know are too scared to ever confront people on anything - even folks they claim to be friends with or even related to..

A few examples:

I have an in-law who always complains to me about his wife and his relationship to his dad yet he NEVER tells either one how he really feels... It's even more ironic that he touts his "conservative views" and can't stand libs for generally being weak, yet he's too weak to talk to his own relatives?

My friend since the 9th grade - who lives next door - well his wife will at times call and ask our opinion on things regarding "moral issues" (her wording) - after we give her the right advice, she goes and does her own thing anyway...

This morning she called to tell us they had acquired a cat trap and had successfully trapped the cat which had been coming into their yard digging things up and pooping in it...

Turns out it's their neighrbors' cat who also happens to be HIS boss @ work. Her delimmma was:

1. Does she lie to her neighbor about things
2. Her daughter found out they had trapped it and was worried she'd "spill the beans to their neighbor".
3. Does she just take the cat in the trap and go to him and tell him the truth

I told her she (they) need to take the cat to him, tell the truth and use this as an example to their daughter of doing the right thing and going to the source if you have an issue with someone...

About 30min after that call, her husband takes the cat trap out back and simply lets it go... l;kasfdjl;ksadfjl;skdafjsdal;kfjsdal;kjafl;ksdafjl sda;kfj

WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE??!?!?

Why are SO MANY (Good) PEOPLE SO SCARED TO CONFRONT PEOPLE?!??!?

Can someone please STOP THIS MADNESS and help me understand this?

/end rant here

LiberalNation
06-12-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't have that problem. I've confronted people. Teachers parents, friends, relatives.

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Well, some are ugly. They're no fun to look at.
Some are fat. They usually sweaty and smell like sour milk.
Still, others have a dour outlook on life and they're no fun to be around.
Some of them are controlling and they tell you how to live your life.
I've even met some who are messy and untidy--they make you feel gross.
And some of them ask dumb questions :poke:, like "what's wrong with people?"

-Cp
06-12-2007, 01:12 PM
And yet others post completely irrelevant posts that does nothing but decrease the IQ of those who read them....

glockmail
06-12-2007, 01:15 PM
It could be worse -CP, they could take your advice then blame you for getting the expected results. Or you could do as they ask and then catch hell for that.

I have a neighbor who asked my advice on his lawn one year, so I gave him the recipie for growing grass in The South: plug, tall fescuse seed, fertilize, lime and water. He and the wife go at it one Saturday, and sure enough the stuff was growing like gangbusters two weeks later. We had a nice wet spring and he had to cut his lawn twice/ week just to keep up with. The fucker blames me for him having to cut his grass more than once/ week.

Another neighbor told me when she moved in that she wanted all her neighbors to let her know if her kids were behaving badly. So her 16 year old starts tearing up the street in his car, so I told her about it. Her reply: "I can't wait until he goes to college and I don't have to deal with him anymore." The guy down the street, who is a County Judge, calls the cops for the same reason, and the Sheriff lies in wait and tickets the kid a few times over several weeks. Of course his insurance rates go sky-high and he nearly looses his license. So the bitch assumed that it was me who called the cops, tells her son and he vandalizes my mailbox. Then she has been tossing her cigarette butts on my lawn for the last 5 years whenever she passes by on her way home from work.

Abbey Marie
06-12-2007, 01:54 PM
It could be worse -CP, they could take your advice then blame you for getting the expected results. Or you could do as they ask and then catch hell for that.

I have a neighbor who asked my advice on his lawn one year, so I gave him the recipie for growing grass in The South: plug, tall fescuse seed, fertilize, lime and water. He and the wife go at it one Saturday, and sure enough the stuff was growing like gangbusters two weeks later. We had a nice wet spring and he had to cut his lawn twice/ week just to keep up with. The fucker blames me for him having to cut his grass more than once/ week.

Another neighbor told me when she moved in that she wanted all her neighbors to let her know if her kids were behaving badly. So her 16 year old starts tearing up the street in his car, so I told her about it. Her reply: "I can't wait until he goes to college and I don't have to deal with him anymore." The guy down the street, who is a County Judge, calls the cops for the same reason, and the Sheriff lies in wait and tickets the kid a few times over several weeks. Of course his insurance rates go sky-high and he nearly looses his license. So the bitch assumed that it was me who called the cops, tells her son and he vandalizes my mailbox. Then she has been tossing her cigarette butts on my lawn for the last 5 years whenever she passes by on her way home from work.

Now we know that the son comes by his bad behavior honestly.

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 02:13 PM
:popcorn:

5stringJeff
06-12-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm taking conflict resolution in school right now. It's very interesting. Many people tend toward submission instead of assertion.

Trigg
06-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Many people tend toward submission instead of assertion.

True, I for one and not good with asserting myself and tend to avoid confrontations. Unless of course people pick on my kids or my family.

gabosaurus
06-13-2007, 05:59 PM
This country was made great by people who asked a lot of questions, sniffed out bullshit, ferreted out corruption and scandal, didn't take no for an answer and generally stood up for their values and integrity.
That is frowned upon now. Those in charge want you to shut up, do what you are told and believe what you are supposed to believe.

Current politicos have learned from the mistakes made by Johnson and Nixon. You can lie, cheat, steal and BS all you want, as long as no one finds out about it. The investigative process that brought down the corrupt Nixon administration would not be allowed today. Nixon would have gotten away with everything if he had the Fox Network to back him up like Bush does.

There are some folks who still foster independent thought and willing to do things they are not supposed to do. They are called liberals. Though they are openly scorned for refusing to subscribe to the norm.