PDA

View Full Version : New car :)

jafar00
10-31-2013, 03:08 AM
Got one of these today. Pretty happy with it :)

CSM
10-31-2013, 05:28 AM
Nice car! and it's red too which means the cops are more likely to nab you for speeding (or so they say). J/K

jimnyc
10-31-2013, 06:18 AM
Sweet! Best of luck with her and be safe!

Jeff
10-31-2013, 06:26 AM
NICEEEE, Good Luck with it jafar nothing like driving a new vehicle, well at least until it gets dirty :laugh: Seriously though it is a good looking car and I am sure it is good on gas ( gas mileage has to be part of the decision when buying a car now a days for sure )

jafar00
11-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Nice car! and it's red too which means the cops are more likely to nab you for speeding (or so they say). J/K

I drive like my father (under the speed limit) so no worries there lol.

NICEEEE, Good Luck with it jafar nothing like driving a new vehicle, well at least until it gets dirty :laugh: Seriously though it is a good looking car and I am sure it is good on gas ( gas mileage has to be part of the decision when buying a car now a days for sure )

7L/100km which is pretty good. It's one reason I got a new car because older ones have worse fuel economy. Also I get all the warranties and new car replacement in the insurance if I write it off :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-01-2013, 07:08 AM

5731 Avery nice car . I have owned two Altima's in the past. Currently driving Ford. Most reliable car I ever owned were those two Altima's. One of them I drove past the 300k mark before selling it. The other newer model the ex-wife got in the divorce. She got the new car and the money and I got the house and my(then) 14 year old daughter. I clearly won that exchange as my daughter was worth far more than all the money or property I've ever had or owned! Trust me, if the Altima's are the same as a decade ago you will love that car. Good luck with it.. -Tyr

glockmail
11-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Not sure how anyone could get excited about a Camry. I had one as a loaner when someone backed into my daughter's Mustang and she wouldn't be seen in it.

Voted4Reagan
11-01-2013, 09:46 AM

Is the wife allowed to drive it? lol

Good luck with it!

tailfins
11-01-2013, 10:20 AM

Our lease is soon to expire on our Camry. We won't get another because they were downsized in 2012. The V6 is pretty good, we test drove a four cylinder and wondered how people drive those things. We will likely get a Avalon, which with the nice discounts is only couple grand or so more expensive that a Camry V6. Next year's Avalons will come with a back-up camera standard on all models. If you go to TrueCar.com, you will see new V6 Camrys are going for $24.3K while the Avalon is $26.7K

Abbey Marie
11-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Congrats, and best of luck with the new car. :thumb:

Little-Acorn
11-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Nice.

CVT?

jafar00
11-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Avery nice car . I have owned two Altima's in the past. Currently driving Ford. Most reliable car I ever owned were those two Altima's. One of them I drove past the 300k mark before selling it. The other newer model the ex-wife got in the divorce. She got the new car and the money and I got the house and my(then) 14 year old daughter. I clearly won that exchange as my daughter was worth far more than all the money or property I've ever had or owned! Trust me, if the Altima's are the same as a decade ago you will love that car. Good luck with it.. -Tyr

I tested a few cars but the camry was a more comfortable ride. In Australia they have spent a good amount of time tuning everything to Australian road conditions. I can't wait to drive it across Australia some time next year!

Not sure how anyone could get excited about a Camry. I had one as a loaner when someone backed into my daughter's Mustang and she wouldn't be seen in it.

The newer Camrys (2012 on) are way different to the older ones. It may be a mid range car, but it is one of the better ones. I like the leather trim, reversing camera, blind spot notifications etc.. It has enough power to keep me happy too.

Is the wife allowed to drive it? lol

Good luck with it!

When she gets a license, she can! :)

Our lease is soon to expire on our Camry. We won't get another because they were downsized in 2012. The V6 is pretty good, we test drove a four cylinder and wondered how people drive those things. We will likely get a Avalon, which with the nice discounts is only couple grand or so more expensive that a Camry V6. Next year's Avalons will come with a back-up camera standard on all models. If you go to TrueCar.com, you will see new V6 Camrys are going for $24.3K while the Avalon is $26.7K

Mine is a 4cylinder 2.5l 6spd auto. More than enough power for my needs. It's comfortable, has bluetooth, navigation, reversing camera, blind spot notification etc... And it's red! :)

Nice.

CVT?

Yup. It's pretty smooth.

glockmail
11-01-2013, 03:17 PM
The newer Camrys (2012 on) are way different to the older ones. It may be a mid range car, but it is one of the better ones. I like the leather trim, reversing camera, blind spot notifications etc.. It has enough power to keep me happy too.

The loaner I had was a 2012, red in fact. She never even looked at the interior. She has the base model O5 Mustang, cloth and plastic interior, so no its not leather and cheap electronics that would impress either one of us. :laugh:

hjmick
11-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Consumer Reports no longer recommends Toyota Camry and other models due to safety concerns (http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2013/10/toyota-camry-rav4-no-longer-recommended-safety-concerns/index.htm)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Avery nice car . I have owned two Altima's in the past. Currently driving Ford. Most reliable car I ever owned were those two Altima's. One of them I drove past the 300k mark before selling it. The other newer model the ex-wife got in the divorce. She got the new car and the money and I got the house and my(then) 14 year old daughter. I clearly won that exchange as my daughter was worth far more than all the money or property I've ever had or owned! Trust me, if the Altima's are the same as a decade ago you will love that car. Good luck with it.. -Tyr opps, sorry did not enlarge the pic , thought it was an Altima.. :laugh: My best friend Don just last month bought his wife a new Camry. Called me bragging on the car and how great it is !! Must be very good because he doesn't go overboard like that unless something really impresses him what with him being a Jarhead and all. ;)--Tyr