PDA

View Full Version : Role Reversal

tailfins
11-01-2013, 07:06 AM
There's this Indian girl that joined our team not too long ago. Her know-how is quite impressive. She has already introduced such improvements as using a struct to replace string parameters (makes functions typo-proof) and using LINQ queries against collections. I'm in the middle on the team in terms of assertiveness. That is because when I'm focused on something, I'm dead silent, even forgetting to eat. Then we have the guy that likes to plan projects. We is very harsh and pushy and stifles her input. I personally don't mind him because he lets me shirk boring un-technical tasks off on him. I'm actually pushing the Indian girl to be more assertive and not be shy about showing leadership. I told her I would back her up. There's not a doubt in my mind she knows what she's doing. It's a refreshing change from women who think just being pushy without having know-how is a good thing. She actually deserves to be in charge, but isn't because she's uber-passive. She makes two dollars an hour more than I and deserves every penny and then some. I would gladly tell anyone who wants to know that I'm better at coding because of working with her.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-01-2013, 07:24 AM
There's this Indian girl that joined our team not too long ago. Her know-how is quite impressive. She has already introduced such improvements as using a struct to replace string parameters (makes functions typo-proof) and using LINQ queries against collections. I'm in the middle on the team in terms of assertiveness. That is because when I'm focused on something, I'm dead silent, even forgetting to eat. Then we have the guy that likes to plan projects. We is very harsh and pushy and stifles her input. I personally don't mind him because he lets me shirk boring un-technical tasks off on him. I'm actually pushing the Indian girl to be more assertive and not be shy about showing leadership. I told her I would back her up. There's not a doubt in my mind she knows what she's doing. It's a refreshing change from women who think just being pushy without having know-how is a good thing. She actually deserves to be in charge, but isn't because she's uber-passive. She makes two dollars an hour more than I and deserves every penny and then some. I would gladly tell anyone who wants to know that I'm better at coding because of working with her. Good to see you waking up to the fact that some women are man's equal in many areas and even superior in some other areas. A lesson well learned if acknowledged and applied IMHO.-TYR