Story Highlight
s• NEW: Reid says Republicans do not support their own president's bill
• NEW: McConnell says many Republicans remain opposed to bill
• NEW: Lott says Bush won't sign just any bill and problems remain with it
• Bush visits Capitol to push immigration bill that was defeated last week

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/12/immigration/index.html

Pale Rider
06-12-2007, 04:40 PM
They didn't enforce ANYTHING in the 1986 bill, which was supposed to be "THE LAST" amnesty bill, what makes people think they'll enforce any of THIS amnesty bill?

Everytime I see a news clip of bush on the news, anymore, I just want to SPIT IN HIS FACE!

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Bush is a great President, he's just having a momentary brain fart.

82Marine89
06-12-2007, 05:02 PM

What are you smoking?

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
What are you smoking?

Nothing

5stringJeff
06-12-2007, 08:30 PM
More accurately, the Kennedy-McCain-Bush immigration bill may eventually enforce borders and workplace, after certainly granting virtual amnesty to 12 million illegals.

Gunny
06-12-2007, 08:37 PM
More accurately, the Kennedy-McCain-Bush immigration bill may eventually enforce borders and workplace, after certainly granting virtual amnesty to 12 million illegals.

So why don't we just open the prison gates and grant all of those criminals amnesty while we're at it?

82Marine89
06-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Nothing

How can you justify him being a great president when he is derelict in his duties?

Trigg
06-13-2007, 10:45 AM

Sadly on this issue it isn't a temporary brain fart. He truly believes in this amnesty bill.

nevadamedic
06-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Sadly on this issue it isn't a temporary brain fart. He truly believes in this amnesty bill.

He's been misled, he is an innocent victim of circumstance :laugh2:

gabosaurus
06-13-2007, 11:44 AM
I saw nothing in there that would do anything of the sort. As always, Bush is an idiot.

JohnDoe
06-13-2007, 12:23 PM
So why don't we just open the prison gates and grant all of those criminals amnesty while we're at it?People in prison are usually there due to a criminal offence, immigrating illegally in to the USA is only a Civil offense. A parking ticket basically, not even a moving violation level. :(

These laws need to be strengthened, with stronger penalties for both employers and illegal immigrant imo.

Yurt
06-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Was listening to Glen Beck this morning on the way to work and he said that when Bush was down there meeting with the new "president" of mexico, they president said that this bill meant a great to him and that he in fact has family members who are illegally in the US.

Bush?

He said nothing.

Beck said this was Bush selling our country out. I agree.

Can anyone actually defend Bush on this? What in the heck is he thinking?

5stringJeff
06-13-2007, 08:36 PM
So why don't we just open the prison gates and grant all of those criminals amnesty while we're at it?

Shhhh!!!! You might give someone a "great idea!"

82Marine89
06-13-2007, 08:47 PM

I hope you enjoy drinking the Republican Kool-Aid.

82Marine89
06-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Can anyone actually defend Bush on this? What in the heck is he thinking?

Nevadamedic is trying his best.

nevadamedic
06-13-2007, 09:00 PM
People in prison are usually there due to a criminal offence, immigrating illegally in to the USA is only a Civil offense. A parking ticket basically, not even a moving violation level. :(

These laws need to be strengthened, with stronger penalties for both employers and illegal immigrant imo.

No, it's a Federal offense.

JohnDoe
06-14-2007, 08:53 AM
No, it's a Federal offense.

yes, it is a federal misdemeanor, THAT is NOT enforced!

Unlawful entry a crime since '29

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0%2C1299%2CDRMN_15_4762657%2C00.html

June 11, 2006
Lee este artículo en español
Since 1929, illegal entry into the United States has been a federal crime, a misdemeanor.

The penalty for a first offense is up to six months in jail or prison and/or a fine of $50 to $250. But the charge is rarely used, even when people are caught at the border, according to a Congressional Research Service report on May 3. Most are deported or allowed to leave the U.S. voluntarily to avoid overwhelming courts and detention centers, the report said.

Applying the misdemeanor offense in the interior of the U.S. is even rarer, the report said. The most common charge against those caught without authorization in the U.S. is "unlawful presence," a civil offense. The penalty is removal, and an immigrant can be detained in the meantime.

The report said illegal entry is difficult to prosecute in the interior because it must be proved, not just inferred, that the person entered illegally.

Overstaying a visa is also a civil offense, which can be grounds for removal or denial of entry back into the U.S.

The most serious charge is illegal re-entry — returning to the U.S. after being deported. The penalty is as much as 20 years in prison for someone who also has a serious criminal conviction

Dilloduck
06-14-2007, 10:01 AM
yes, it is a federal misdemeanor, THAT is NOT enforced!

This ain't rocket science---if you are caught in the US illegally you get sent home.

JohnDoe
06-14-2007, 10:07 AM
This ain't rocket science---if you are caught in the US illegally you get sent home.
IF only that were true, but it is NOT enforced, if it were, we would not have 12-20 million illegal immigrants in this country, with their born here legal children on top of this amount.

Dilloduck
06-14-2007, 10:16 AM
IF only that were true, but it is NOT enforced, if it were, we would not have 12-20 million illegal immigrants in this country, with their born here legal children on top of this amount.

So are you saying it's just too late ?

Kathianne
06-14-2007, 10:38 AM

Not often that we'd agree from what I've read, but here's one we do:

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/newspaper/premium/printedition/Thursday/chi-immig_thurjun14,1,4906138.story

NATION
Database aids deportations
Immigrant groups decry cops' use of list

By Ernesto Londono
The Washington Post
Published June 14, 2007

WASHINGTON -- Hugo Vinicio Hernandez knew immigration agents could detain him at any time for having disregarded a deportation order in 2001. But the Guatemalan didn't think he would wind up in the custody of immigration agents as a result of a routine traffic stop.

He was deported after being pulled over by a police officer in January.

It's a fate that a growing number of illegal immigrants are facing as federal officials add thousands of names of people with outstanding deportation orders into the FBI-run National Crime Information Center database, which police use to search for warrants.

In Montgomery County, Md., outside Washington, where Hernandez was stopped, officers have taken about 60 people into custody on immigration warrants since last year. Now relatively low, such numbers are expected to increase as more records are uploaded, which concerns immigrant advocates and some local police officials.

Supporters of the effort say enlisting the help of police officers to identify and remove the roughly 600,000 immigrants who are thought to have outstanding deportation orders is long overdue.

But two police associations have lobbied against the inclusion, saying that by acting on the warrants, departments risk alienating recent immigrants, a segment of the community that has historically had an uneasy relationship with law-enforcement agencies.

Separately, immigrant advocacy organizations are suing the government, saying that it had no legal standing to add administrative records to what has traditionally been a database for criminal warrants. Disregarding a deportation order is a violation of administrative, not criminal, law.

Because many outstanding deportation orders date back several years and in some cases don't reflect the person's current immigration status, some law-enforcement officials and immigrant advocates say they fear people could get picked up because of sloppy record-keeping. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement says it screens records carefully before adding them to the database.

Montgomery Police Chief Thomas Manger and other area police chiefs have concluded that they must enforce National Crime Information Center warrants, even at the expense of being perceived as an extension of the federal bureaucracy.

Hernandez, who entered the U.S. illegally in 2000 through the Mexican border, joined relatives in Hyattsville, Md., found work as a welder and began dating Brenda Cruz, a Guatemalan woman. Their sons, a 5-year-old and a 10-month-old, were born in Maryland.

Cruz, who also came to the country illegally and is now seeking legal status, was a victim of a 2002 home invasion. She called the police in that case, which remains unsolved. Last month, she decided against reporting that someone had broken into her van.

"Who knows how many questions they're going to ask?" she said recently.

In letters Hernandez wrote to Cruz from jail, he urged her to file their federal income taxes on time and asked her not to tell the children that he was being deported. But the 5-year-old found out, Cruz said.

"He used to be a playful boy," Cruz said. "Now he doesn't want to leave the house. He's terrified of the police."

Copyright © 2007, Chicago Tribune

JohnDoe
06-14-2007, 11:07 AM
So are you saying it's just too late ? I honestly don't know what I am saying other than what i said.

I do not have an answer on how to handle the 12-20 here already, I do have many ideas on how to prevent or drastically reduce future illegal immigration, but this does not solve the issue of what to do with those here already.

JohnDoe
06-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Not often that we'd agree from what I've read, but here's one we do:

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/newspaper/premium/printedition/Thursday/chi-immig_thurjun14,1,4906138.story

ty Kathianne, this whole illegal immigration thing is a damn mess!

I haven't noticed if we agreed or disagreed on anything, I will take note, and see if you are really ''from the Darkside'' as you indirectly claim! :laugh2:

Pale Rider
06-14-2007, 11:39 AM

He's a piece of shit that is catering to millions of illegal aliens OVER his own country. In effect, he is a traitor, and derelict in his duty to protect and serve this nation. He should be impeached.

Dilloduck
06-14-2007, 03:36 PM
I honestly don't know what I am saying other than what i said.

I do not have an answer on how to handle the 12-20 here already, I do have many ideas on how to prevent or drastically reduce future illegal immigration, but this does not solve the issue of what to do with those here already.

I do---when you find em, you send them home. New LEGAL immigrants can be proud that they went through the legal process of coming to America while they watch the ILLEGALS sent packing.

JohnDoe
06-14-2007, 08:57 PM
I do---when you find em, you send them home. New LEGAL immigrants can be proud that they went through the legal process of coming to America while they watch the ILLEGALS sent packing.your government will never do this, so you need to try again on a solution.

they just won't, they are too yellow! Congress will not fund or legislate a mass deportation of illegals...and i would cast my bottom dollar on that!

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 03:18 PM
your government will never do this, so you need to try again on a solution.

they just won't, they are too yellow! Congress will not fund or legislate a mass deportation of illegals...and i would cast my bottom dollar on that!

As much as I HATE to admit this, you're probably right.

BUT, what our government will do and what the people of this country WANT, are two completely different things. The PEOPLE want the illegals DEPORTED, by a VAST MAJORITY. So in effect, our government, whom we elected to serve US, is NOT doing the WILL OF THE PEOPLE, and THAT is what has got everyone so PISSED OFF! Myself, I want every damn one of the illegals deported. Every damn one. Just like 65-70% of the rest of Americans.

Kathianne
06-15-2007, 03:31 PM
As much as I HATE to admit this, you're probably right.

BUT, what our government will do and what the people of this country WANT, are two completely different things. The PEOPLE want the illegals DEPORTED, by a VAST MAJORITY. So in effect, our government, whom we elected to serve US, is NOT doing the WILL OF THE PEOPLE, and THAT is what has got everyone so PISSED OFF! Myself, I want every damn one of the illegals deported. Every damn one. Just like 65-70% of the rest of Americans.

I agree, we are not deporting that many people. On the other hand, passing this bill would be wrong. Bottom line, (again), we need to enforce our laws-against illegals that law enforcement runs up against, for any reason and by punishing employers by first fines, then jail time.

Most illegals are here to work, if that dries up, they will return home. When the problem is brought under some semblance of control, the borders secured, then let's talk about increasing the numbers from South of here.

nevadamedic
06-15-2007, 04:57 PM
We need to get a list of which Senators voted against the bill last week and keep writing them begging them not to change their stance on this issue. I know for a fact Senator Ensign from Nevada voted against it. I urge everyone to write him and to make sure he keeps to his stance. The website is http://ensign.senate.gov/ Then click contact.

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 05:32 PM
I agree, we are not deporting that many people. On the other hand, passing this bill would be wrong. Bottom line, (again), we need to enforce our laws-against illegals that law enforcement runs up against, for any reason and by punishing employers by first fines, then jail time.

Most illegals are here to work, if that dries up, they will return home. When the problem is brought under some semblance of control, the borders secured, then let's talk about increasing the numbers from South of here.

What people don't seem to realize is, that if just ENFORCED THE LAWS WE ALERADY HAVE, we could all but do away with the problem. Close the border, enforce the laws we have, and no more anchor babies. Problem solved. Or at least solved well enough to satisfy most Americans.

Kathianne
06-15-2007, 06:15 PM
What people don't seem to realize is, that if just ENFORCED THE LAWS WE ALERADY HAVE, we could all but do away with the problem. Close the border, enforce the laws we have, and no more anchor babies. Problem solved. Or at least solved well enough to satisfy most Americans.

Exactly. That is what I am saying.

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Exactly. That is what I am saying.

And it wouldn't take an 800 PAGE DOCUMENT to write it up. You could do it on one page.