PDA

View Full Version : New Poll Shows Democratic Incumbents in Big Trouble

red states rule
11-02-2013, 07:11 AM
This is from the very liberal Mother Jones and no wonder Dems are in panic mode

Today brings a new poll from Democracy Corps titled "Revolt against DC and the Republican Congress." (http://www.democracycorps.com/attachments/article/959/dcor%20bg%20graphs%20102413%20v5.pdf) And it's true: their polling shows that even in Republican districts, the GOP's brand has taken a beating.

But once you get past the generic questions and ask about approval/disapproval of actual members of Congress, the picture turns sharply. I've combined two charts to show what happens when you ask people in battleground districts about their own representatives:

In Democratic districts, net incumbent approval has plummeted by 11 points, from +8 approval to +3 disapproval. In Republican districts, incumbent approval has gone down only 4 points. You see the same results when they ask a question about warmth of feeling toward incumbents: It's down 7 points in Republican districts and 9 points in Democratic districts.

This isn't good news for Democrats. It's true that attitudes toward the Republican Party have taken a bigger hit than attitudes toward the Democratic Party, but attitudes toward actual incumbents are exactly the opposite. And in elections, that's what matters.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/10/new-poll-shows-democratic-incumbents-big-trouble

aboutime
11-02-2013, 08:25 PM
red states rule. Though I personally enjoy this kind of news, coming from known liberal sources like Mother Jones.

I am still rather leery and Suspect of such reports since....I remember the very same kinds of tactics being used in previous election years.

Namely, the typical, nearly programmed tactics by Democrats who fully intend to use scare tactics in REVERSE, as in Reverse Psychology. Pretending they are worried in order to INCITE, and SCARE their Base into thinking "Oh no! We can't let that happen!"

Much like the Dems always resort to THE CHILDREN WILL STARVE, THE ELDERLY WON'T GET THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS, and THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END...if the Democrats can't convince the UN-educated, Un-intelligent, Easily-led folks who depend on Democrats who promise those monthly CHECKS for everything that is supposed to be FREE, because somebody else is paying for them to Complain about Poverty, while happily cashing their checks, written by YOU, and ME.

Larrymc
11-02-2013, 08:51 PM
red states rule. Though I personally enjoy this kind of news, coming from known liberal sources like Mother Jones.

I am still rather leery and Suspect of such reports since....I remember the very same kinds of tactics being used in previous election years.

Namely, the typical, nearly programmed tactics by Democrats who fully intend to use scare tactics in REVERSE, as in Reverse Psychology. Pretending they are worried in order to INCITE, and SCARE their Base into thinking "Oh no! We can't let that happen!"

Much like the Dems always resort to THE CHILDREN WILL STARVE, THE ELDERLY WON'T GET THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS, and THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END...if the Democrats can't convince the UN-educated, Un-intelligent, Easily-led folks who depend on Democrats who promise those monthly CHECKS for everything that is supposed to be FREE, because somebody else is paying for them to Complain about Poverty, while happily cashing their checks, written by YOU, and ME.Tea Party my comrade, look for Tea Party affiliation candidates:lol:

aboutime
11-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Tea Party my comrade, look for Tea Party affiliation candidates:lol:

Larrymc. The TWO most hated words a Liberal, Democrat can say are "TEA PARTY".

Even worse than using the "N" word, or the old, reliable BUSH.

red states rule
11-04-2013, 02:50 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6zH7tdatQUA/TOcsh1vKWAI/AAAAAAAAOps/wLBih97sZVg/s1600/Cheers-28567875343.jpeg