PDA

View Full Version : Public Apology

OCA
01-25-2007, 06:58 AM
I am requiring from all those that pm'd Jimmy last night complaining that I banned Maine, I IN FACT DID NOT BAN MAINE AND WASN'T EVEN INVOLVED IN THAT THREAD. I know who you are, your continued membership here depends on it.

jillian
01-25-2007, 07:05 AM
I am requiring from all those that pm'd Jimmy last night complaining that I banned Maine, I IN FACT DID NOT BAN MAINE AND WASN'T EVEN INVOLVED IN THAT THREAD. I know who you are, your continued membership here depends on it.

Solving personal disputes by using your mod power again?

stephanie
01-25-2007, 07:06 AM
I agree with Oca on this one...An apology is required here....

And one other thing....

The whining about this......is becoming more unbearable than the insults that were thrown around....

This Maine person, I feel is very capable of taking on this situation on HIS OWN....

I personally would be embarrassed, if I had everyone else trying to solve my situation out in the PUBLIC FORUM....

Goooooood Griiiiieeeef...:dunno:

jackass
01-25-2007, 07:13 AM
I know who you are, your continued membership here depends on it.
And what does this mean???

OCA
01-25-2007, 07:46 AM
And what does this mean???

Think about it.

Jackass, i'm not asking much, just tired of the baseless accusations that fly around everytime some Tom, Dick or Harry gets banned. For chrissakes I wasn't even logged on when this happened.

jackass
01-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Nothing for nothing...you and he were going at it. Something gets said...someone soft deletes it, so no one else can read it. Last thing we see is your last post I believe. What are we supposed to think? Next time leave it up there for all to see.
And yes you are asking for too much. Your a moderator. You are not the average Joe Shmoe. You are supposed to be a person that is looked at for a cool head, not empty threats to someone continued membership here. Youre supposed to be above that.

dirt mcgirt
01-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Your continued membership here depends on it? WTF? This is an infuriating and bullshit request. I didn't PM or complain about MFM's being banned but if I did I wouldn't apologize. And if ANYONE gets banned for not apologizing then you can delete my account here as well. I only came over here from USMB because I was told this board was more hands off and laid back. So far I'm not seeing it.

stephanie
01-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Your continued membership here depends on it? WTF? This is an infuriating and bullshit request. I didn't PM or complain about MFM's being banned but if I did I wouldn't apologize. And if ANYONE gets banned for not apologizing then you can delete my account here as well. I only came over here from USMB because I was told this board was more hands off and laid back. So far I'm not seeing it.

Sorry dirt....Your a little off base here...

You would of had to read ALL the different threads that was started on this situation....

I do believe this is done and over with now....

Enjoy...:beer:

The ClayTaurus
01-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Wow. Bullllllllllllshit. Come on OCA, you're better than this.

jimnyc
01-25-2007, 09:19 AM

No apologies are necessary from anyone, and nobody will be banned as a result. Mike is obviously pissed, and rightful to an extent, at being blamed for something he didn't do.

This board is, and will, be more hands off. We're still working out some kinks but you'll notice there have only been 3 bans thus far on this board. This one reversed, and temp bans given to Roomy and TheSage.

OCA
01-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Nothing for nothing...you and he were going at it. Something gets said...someone soft deletes it, so no one else can read it. Last thing we see is your last post I believe. What are we supposed to think? Next time leave it up there for all to see.
And yes you are asking for too much. Your a moderator. You are not the average Joe Shmoe. You are supposed to be a person that is looked at for a cool head, not empty threats to someone continued membership here. Youre supposed to be above that.

I didn't delete shit, I didn't ban nobody. Jesus I wish you guys would do just a modicum of research before jumping into the deep end with me.

But I digress, a simple "we fucked up, our bad" is too much to ask? What is this? 2nd grade?

OCA
01-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Wow. Bullllllllllllshit. Come on OCA, you're better than this.

Clay, how is a simple apology bullshit?

Ok, ok, I shouldn't have threatened to ban every idiot who assumed it was me if they didn't apologize but I was running hot, still am, and if asking for an apology is too much then thats cool.....but now I know the rules of the game and I will not apologize from here forward for any action I deem neccessary to take against anyone here, I will continue on like always with no change in my moderating style.

The ClayTaurus
01-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Clay, how is a simple apology bullshit?

Ok, ok, I shouldn't have threatened to ban every idiot who assumed it was me if they didn't apologize but I was running hot, still am, and if asking for an apology is too much then thats cool.....but now I know the rules of the game and I will not apologize from here forward for any action I deem neccessary to take against anyone here, I will continue on like always with no change in my moderating style.It was never wanting an apology that was bullshit. It was threatening to ban everyone who refused. That's the reason people jump to conclusions about you.

I realize you probably didn't mean what you posted, which is why I said you're better than that, because you are.

FWIW, I think an apology would be appropriate in this case, but have you ever apologized for taking a moderating action you deem necessary against someone the ended up being incorrect? Certainly not in public. Am I wrong?

There is just an image of double standards that many have of you, is all.

OCA
01-25-2007, 03:57 PM
It was never wanting an apology that was bullshit. It was threatening to ban everyone who refused. That's the reason people jump to conclusions about you.

I realize you probably didn't mean what you posted, which is why I said you're better than that, because you are.

FWIW, I think an apology would be appropriate in this case, but have you ever apologized for taking a moderating action you deem necessary against someone the ended up being incorrect? Certainly not in public. Am I wrong?

There is just an image of double standards that many have of you, is all.

Your right, the demand was wrong, i've apologized once in the past for a banning, thats it, and it was done through proper channels. At this point i'll take the apologies through pm if people aren't big enough to deliver them right here.

I'm not one for closing threads or deleting posts too often so i've never apologized for that stuff, in fact can't remember closing a thread ever or deleting a post that didn't belong to RWA.

The ClayTaurus
01-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Your right, the demand was wrong, i've apologized once in the past for a banning, thats it, and it was done through proper channels. At this point i'll take the apologies through pm if people aren't big enough to deliver them right here.

I'm not one for closing threads or deleting posts too often so i've never apologized for that stuff, in fact can't remember closing a thread ever or deleting a post that didn't belong to RWA.Well at least we can all agree you're an effective anti-RWA agent. :2up:

OCA
01-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Uhhh MFM was banned from a confrontation in the "awards" thread. Would y'all be so kind as to see if I was involved in that thread?

Pale Rider
01-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Uhhh MFM was banned from a confrontation in the "awards" thread. Would y'all be so kind as to see if I was involved in that thread?

You weren't. I banned him. And I may have been wrong for soft deleting his post. Maybe I should have left it there for people to see what kind of an outlandish, smartass, vulgar, character assisination it was. I'll leave it up to admin to decide if they want to un-delete it so it can be read.

And, it was only a 24 hour ban.

retiredman
01-25-2007, 05:49 PM
bottom line: palerider can dish it out, but he can't take it.

I had a run in with a palerider on another site.... he was tactless enough to cyber stalk me...find out my real name and post a satellite photo of my house just to let me know he knew where I was.... VERY creepy....

This must be the same guy. same attitude.

darin
01-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Everybody - knock it the fock off.

Here's the REAL Botton line:

MFM - you and other members will not be allowed to simply shit-talk staff-members of the board.

Mods are not allowed to instigate shit, then use their mod powers as revenge.

NOBODY is allowed to start threads simply to draw attention to their OWN misgivings with staff or other users.

Let it go, everyone.

MtnBiker
01-25-2007, 10:31 PM

I had a run in with a palerider on another site.... he was tactless enough to cyber stalk me...find out my real name and post a satellite photo of my house just to let me know he knew where I was.... VERY creepy....

Must be the samy guy or is the same guy?

Those are some serious accusations. The username PaleRider is little proof that the two are the same person. Do you have any evidence to support your claim? Will you provide any such evidence?

jillian
01-25-2007, 10:38 PM

Perhaps you might want to find out if that's truly the case before you get into a to-do with another poster, particularly a mod? Just saying...cause that's pretty potent stuff.

Gunny
01-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Think about it.

Jackass, i'm not asking much, just tired of the baseless accusations that fly around everytime some Tom, Dick or Harry gets banned. For chrissakes I wasn't even logged on when this happened.

Look at the bright side ... you're the President Bush of debatepolicy.com. It's always YOUR fault.:D

Gaffer
01-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Look at the bright side ... you're the President Bush of debatepolicy.com. It's always YOUR fault.:D

That would have got you a rep but I have to spread them around.

CockySOB
01-26-2007, 12:11 AM
That would have got you a rep but I have to spread them around.

Taken care of!:lol:

retiredman
01-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Must be the samy guy or is the same guy?

Those are some serious accusations. The username PaleRider is little proof that the two are the same person. Do you have any evidence to support your claim? Will you provide any such evidence?

based upon what you have told me via PM, it would seem that this palerider is not the same individual as the one I met previously. Perhaps there is something about that "handle" that attracts people of similar political philosophies and personality styles. Who would have thought?

MtnBiker
01-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Perhaps there is something about that "handle" that attracts people of similar political philosophies and personality styles. Who would have thought?

And perhaps there is one's imagination.

darin
01-26-2007, 10:56 AM
based upon what you have told me via PM, it would seem that this palerider is not the same individual as the one I met previously. Perhaps there is something about that "handle" that attracts people of similar political philosophies and personality styles. Who would have thought?

Even in your apology for slander, you're obstinate

:pee:

retiredman
01-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Even in your apology for slander, you're obstinate

:pee:

not as fawning and obsequious as you'd like? I'll do better next time. Actually, I'll try extra hard to make sure that I don't earn your displeasure going forward.

The ClayTaurus
01-26-2007, 11:17 AM
not as fawning and obsequious as you'd like? I'll do better next time. Actually, I'll try extra hard to make sure that I don't earn your displeasure going forward.Stop being a douchebag. It's unbecoming of a vet.

retiredman
01-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Stop being a douchebag. It's unbecoming of a vet.

I'll get right on that.

CockySOB
01-26-2007, 12:00 PM

Is this librull-speak for "I'm sorry OCA, I made some assumptions which turned out to be absolutely wrong. You have every right to be upset with me, and I can only hope you accept my apology?" I'm trying to freshen up on my librull-speak for the 2008 election cycle.

The ClayTaurus
01-26-2007, 12:06 PM
I'll get right on that.I'm sure you will.