PDA

View Full Version : Romney surges ahead in New Hampshire

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 04:26 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

darin
06-12-2007, 04:31 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

So...what do you think about it? This isn't the drudgereport where ppl just post links to stories. Post something, then offer COMMENT about what it is. ;)

:popcorn:

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 04:49 PM
So...what do you think about it? This isn't the drudgereport where ppl just post links to stories. Post something, then offer COMMENT about what it is. ;)

Naaaaa, im to lazy today.

06-12-2007, 06:39 PM
This makes things pretty interesting. With as many candidates as there are we might see someone win who otherwise might not win (Although i think Romney has a good shot regardless). Every state might actually matter in this primary. i think it will be close.

06-12-2007, 07:42 PM
BTW Nevada,

In another thread i asked you what exactly about Romney's faith you were afraid he was going to force on the American people and you never really responded. Figured you didnt see it or something. Im still rather curious since you seem assured that as a religious person he is going to enact his faith on people somehow. i see no reason to believe or conclude that. but im curious why you do.

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 07:56 PM
BTW Nevada,

In another thread i asked you what exactly about Romney's faith you were afraid he was going to force on the American people and you never really responded. Figured you didnt see it or something. Im still rather curious since you seem assured that as a religious person he is going to enact his faith on people somehow. i see no reason to believe or conclude that. but im curious why you do.

Well, he has already chastized people about having children out of wedlock which is wrong, and Mormons tend to be more fanatical and like to push their religion on people.

06-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Well, he has already chastized people about having children out of wedlock which is wrong, and Mormons tend to be more fanatical and like to push their religion on people.

so he should be encouraging out of wedlock births? I mean its not like he can pass a law against it or anything but why shouldnt the President speak out against it?

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 09:40 PM
so he should be encouraging out of wedlock births? I mean its not like he can pass a law against it or anything but why shouldnt the President speak out against it?

Because it's insulting to anyone who has, like myself.

manu1959
06-12-2007, 09:46 PM

why can't one have an opinion about having children outside of marriage?

mormons are no more fanatical about pushing an agenda than the anti religious folks are pushing theirs

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 09:49 PM
why can't one have an opinion about having children outside of marriage?

mormons are no more fanatical about pushing an agenda than the anti religious folks are pushing theirs

He can, but when he makes it sound degrading then I have a problem with it.

manu1959
06-12-2007, 09:51 PM

he didn't make it sound anything....others give words emotion.....feeling degraded is a choice....

Yurt
06-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Yurt
06-12-2007, 10:16 PM

Honestly it sounds like you are degrading him for his beliefs

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Honestly it sounds like you are degrading him for his beliefs

No, not at all.

06-12-2007, 11:58 PM
regardless whether its degrading or not, im still not sure how i see it as forcing religious beliefs on anyone with government.

gabosaurus
06-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Ahead in WHAT? A poll? :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-13-2007, 12:28 AM
How else can we measure popularity in an election?

gabosaurus
06-13-2007, 12:31 AM
How else can we measure popularity in an election?

You can't. It's literally impossible. Since all polls record bias and prejudice in some manner. It's not even worth considering at this point in time.

Abbey Marie
06-13-2007, 12:34 AM
You can't. It's literally impossible. Since all polls record bias and prejudice in some manner. It's not even worth considering at this point in time.

I don't think all polls are usleess, but I do agree that it is way too early to draw conclusions or even strong inferences about any of the candidates.

gabosaurus
06-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Very true. A candidate could have a 75 percent approval rating among prospective voters now, then unleash a "Dean laugh" two months later.
I am waiting until February or so, when they start throwing the skeletons out of candidate's closets.

Abbey Marie
06-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Very true. A candidate could have a 75 percent approval rating among prospective voters now, then unleash a "Dean laugh" two months later.
I am waiting until February or so, when they start throwing the skeletons out of candidate's closets.

Great minds... :salute: