PDA

View Full Version : School bans mother because she has a CC permit…

Arbo
11-06-2013, 10:29 AM
http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/12-On-Your-Side-Banned-from-childs-elementary-school-for-Facebook-picture-229770981.html

It appears a principal of an elementary school has lost her mind (like most anti-gun nuts) and went through legal procedures to have the mother of a student at the school (and parent volunteer) banned from the school because that mother, who an ex-military member, has a concealed carry permit and that scares the principle.

I hope this woman brings a massive lawsuit upon the school district for this and they lose millions, and all involved from the principal on up, are FIRED.

This is utter nonsense.

Kathianne
11-06-2013, 10:51 AM
CBS and FOX both covered this story. The woman seems to want an apology, not a lawsuit. She's removed her daughter from the school.

This does seem an abridgment of the woman's rights. From what I could read, she was never accused of carrying on school property or even asked if she had, relevant if there is a likely 'no weapons' policy. She was banned for having the permit.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-06-2013, 10:58 AM
CBS and FOX both covered this story. The woman seems to want an apology, not a lawsuit. She's removed her daughter from the school.

This does seem an abridgment of the woman's rights. From what I could read, she was never accused of carrying on school property or even asked if she had, relevant if there is a likely 'no weapons' policy. She was banned for having the permit. Just wait until Obama's anti-gun crusade gets into full swing. Stuff like this will be the norm and much worse will be an everyday event. Certainly if her having a CC permit is the only reason used to ban her from school then her civil rights were violated IMHO. I CAN NOT SEE HOW SHE COULD LOSE A LAWSUIT IF THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON CITED FOR HER BEING BANNED. -Tyr

Voted4Reagan
11-06-2013, 12:05 PM
how did the principal get the information that the woman had a CC Permit?

I'm curious about that!!

Kathianne
11-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Just wait until Obama's anti-gun crusade gets into full swing. Stuff like this will be the norm and much worse will be an everyday event. Certainly if her having a CC permit is the only reason used to ban her from school then her civil rights were violated IMHO. I CAN NOT SEE HOW SHE COULD LOSE A LAWSUIT IF THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON CITED FOR HER BEING BANNED. -Tyr

Do you think Obama can get anything into 'full swing' at this point? His approval ratings are now in the 30's and falling. That is why we are seeing increasing distancing from him by the Dems.

This is a local matter, with civil rights being a part of.

Abbey Marie
11-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Why is it that liberals don't hesitate to sue over anything from offensive speech to Christmas tress, but people like this woman do? I hate to say it, but money is the only thing that talks, and I'm afraid that the courts are the only route that makes people stop abusing others' rights.

Kath makes a good point. This woman wouldn't be allowed to carry a gun on school premises anyway. Should have been a non-issue.

aboutime
11-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but....

"Schools. All Schools. Are supposed to be, and are normally advertised as".....

"GUN FREE ZONES".

That woman has NO right. Not even with the CC permit, to enter a School with a weapon.

Depending on the state, city, town LAWS of course. Where some teachers ARE permitted to CC.

logroller
11-06-2013, 06:46 PM
how did the principal get the information that the woman had a CC Permit?

I'm curious about that!!
Facebook, or so the OP article infers.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but....

"Schools. All Schools. Are supposed to be, and are normally advertised as".....

"GUN FREE ZONES".

That woman has NO right. Not even with the CC permit, to enter a School with a weapon.

Depending on the state, city, town LAWS of course. Where some teachers ARE permitted to CC.
it would depend upon terms of the permit, but as kathianne noted

... she was never accused of carrying on school property or even asked if she had...
she was banned because, in the opinion of school administrater was considered a threat because she was former military and had a concealed weapons permit and, furthermore should be elsewhere doing grownup things. There was no indication that she violated any law or policy-- nothing articulable anyways, just arbitrary and capricious. It seems to me she has a due process tort as well as she wasn't given an opportunity to dispute the ban.