PDA

View Full Version : The voice of the silent voter

gabosaurus
11-06-2013, 11:21 AM
I saw something on the national news today that has to make pollsters and pundits shake their heads.
One of the bond issues in the City of Houston election addressed the fate of the iconic Astrodome. The electorate had to decide whether to re-purpose the domed stadium or tear it down.
There was no opposition to the plan to remake the Astrodome. Civic groups and political leaders shared announced ideas of how to save it. The media was full of people who loved the place. Pollsters predicted an overwhelming victory.
Yet the bond issue failed by a fair margin. Perhaps people don't always say what they are thinking.

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Texas-voters-have-their-say-at-the-polls-4958304.php?cmpid=hpfc

CSM
11-06-2013, 11:42 AM
I saw something on the national news today that has to make pollsters and pundits shake their heads.
One of the bond issues in the City of Houston election addressed the fate of the iconic Astrodome. The electorate had to decide whether to re-purpose the domed stadium or tear it down.
There was no opposition to the plan to remake the Astrodome. Civic groups and political leaders shared announced ideas of how to save it. The media was full of people who loved the place. Pollsters predicted an overwhelming victory.
Yet the bond issue failed by a fair margin. Perhaps people don't always say what they are thinking.

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Texas-voters-have-their-say-at-the-polls-4958304.php?cmpid=hpfc

LOL. Your last sentence made me laugh particularly when it comes from you!

Abbey Marie
11-06-2013, 01:09 PM

Do you think exit polls are misleading?

aboutime
11-06-2013, 03:53 PM
"Out of the mouths of babes."

Kathianne
11-07-2013, 12:11 AM

Yes. I also wish they weren't conducted. There's too much on election day, from exit polling to campaigning outside of the limits.

Then again, I wish stores weren't open until Friday morning after Thanksgiving. ;)

red states rule
11-07-2013, 03:56 AM

Like many on the left, I am sure she was ecstatic over the exit polls showing John Kerry (who served in Viet Nam) was going to win big over Pres Bush. Then she sank into a great depression when reality sank in

As far as this story, the taxpayers are broke and decided they were not going to finance this endeavor. If only the idiots in DC would learn the same lesson