PDA

View Full Version : Which place best matches Arbo?

tailfins
11-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Arbo suggests Massachusetts has rubbed of on me pretty well. I thanked him for the compliment! Now lets see what place more resembles him. I don't fault Mr. Arbo; I just want him to own it.

Arbo
11-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Oh the depths the childish and intolerant will sink to. More lame and pathetic… I hope you set it up so you can see who voted for what, because to do otherwise would lack balls. Or would it be to intentionally hide who is a goon squad member or supporter? :laugh:

fj1200
11-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Well, since Arkansas ;) was not on the list I of course had to go with the truth of Libertarian Westerner. :thumb:

tailfins
11-07-2013, 09:45 AM
Oh the depths the childish and intolerant will sink to. More lame and pathetic… I hope you set it up so you can see who voted for what, because to do otherwise would lack balls. Or would it be to intentionally hide who is a goon squad member or supporter? :laugh:

Whatever the default setting is. You seem annoyed. :slap:

Arbo
11-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Whatever the default setting is. You seem annoyed. :slap:

You are yet another that is horrible at figuring out how others think or feel. I find it all quite amusing btw. Stupidity in others is always amusing. :laugh:

BTW, why haven't you voted in your own poll? LOL

jimnyc
11-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Oh the depths the childish and intolerant will sink to.

Not for nothing, but I've yet to see you rise above it all. Yes, others are quicker to start things than you at times, but you end up being reeled in and participating. And yes, there are times you start it. Like I said from the beginning - equally guilty. But that's why it's funny when either side claims innocence or condemns the other.

Arbo
11-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Not for nothing, but I've yet to see you rise above it all. Yes, others are quicker to start things than you at times, but you end up being reeled in and participating. And yes, there are times you start it. Like I said from the beginning - equally guilty. But that's why it's funny when either side claims innocence or condemns the other.

Your opinion is pretty meaningless to me. If you want to do something, vote. Provide more amusement for me.

jimnyc
11-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Your opinion is pretty meaningless to me. If you want to do something, vote. Provide more amusement for me.

My opinion eventually turns to moderation, if that person doesn't see the things I am pointing out. For example, enjoy your little games in here with others, it's where you apparently want to be. BUT, continue to troll with someone who placed you on ignore already, and you'll be the first pissed off that you didn't find the meaning in my opinion.

tailfins
11-07-2013, 01:45 PM

Shhhhhh! You're raining on my parade. What would DP be without Arbo the Cranky Clown? :laugh2:

jimnyc
11-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Shhhhhh! You're raining on my parade. What would DP be without Arbo the Cranky Clown? :laugh2:

In fairness, he's not the only one participating in feuds that wander into every other thread. I just thought his reply in this thread at the beginning was hypocritical, so he got pointed out in this instance.

We go back and forth between thread bans and moving of posts, and asking members to keep it in the cage and keep the debates where they belong. NONE of them do a whole lot to honor the requests, or be decent enough to at least come down here and start the crap if they wish. It's that simple, simply click a few buttons to get HERE before posting is mainly all I ever ask. But some just HAVE TO reply anywhere and everywhere.

aboutime
11-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Arbo suggests Massachusetts has rubbed of on me pretty well. I thanked him for the compliment! Now lets see what place more resembles him. I don't fault Mr. Arbo; I just want him to own it.

tailfins. You didn't include the location I would have voted for in the poll.

tailfins
11-07-2013, 04:12 PM
tailfins. You didn't include the location I would have voted for in the poll.

Uranus? :martian:

aboutime
11-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Uranus? :martian:

That's good. But I would have chosen one much closer. Like a "Land-fill".

Arbo
11-07-2013, 07:50 PM
My opinion eventually turns to moderation, if that person doesn't see the things I am pointing out. For example, enjoy your little games in here with others, it's where you apparently want to be. BUT, continue to troll with someone who placed you on ignore already, and you'll be the first pissed off that you didn't find the meaning in my opinion.

I had a long and clever reply to this, but no point playing against a stacked deck. Everybody's actions and biases and hypocrisies are on display, those that think otherwise (no matter their 'position' on the forum) are fooling themselves.

tailfins
11-07-2013, 08:15 PM
I had a long and clever reply to this, but no point playing against a stacked deck. Everybody's actions and biases and hypocrisies are on display, those that think otherwise (no matter their 'position' on the forum) are fooling themselves.

Smile, you'll live longer! :cool: Were you potty trained at gunpoint?

Arbo
11-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Smile, you'll live longer!

So you did not read what I wrote, thanks for admitting that.

It appears your poll is failing… :laugh:

jimnyc
11-08-2013, 06:59 AM

Of course. I admit I have biases and such, but I surely don't moderate based on them, or you would have been banned from the board before, as would have others, and that has never happened. I admit this feeling of bias, but again there is no moderation. In the past year or so, of those feuding, there has been a grand total of a bunch of thread bans and affected threads and posts moved to the cage. Yep, that horror is on display for all to see.

So keep claiming you are playing against a stacked deck. The more people whine while they post with the same privileges only further proves my point.

Arbo
11-08-2013, 09:12 AM
So keep claiming you are playing against a stacked deck. The more people whine while they post with the same privileges only further proves my point.

Clearly you did not comprehend my point. It is a stacked deck, no matter who is on the other side of the argument with you.

jimnyc
11-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Clearly you did not comprehend my point. It is a stacked deck, no matter who is on the other side of the argument with you.

I fail to see how anyone arguing/debating with me is any different than doing the same with other members. I don't moderate within debates and never have. No one has any reason whatsoever to see an argument with me any differently. The only time anything different about me may appear would be if the rules were clearly broken. Then perhaps we might see a thread/post moved, or a thread ban given out. But even these are truly very rare.

Or would you prefer to clarify specifically why you think there would be any stacked deck in an argument with me?

Arbo
11-08-2013, 09:30 AM
The point has been made. Everyone now knows Tyr has you on ignore. If he references you it is cool to respond. If you want to address a point he made and respond, of course that is cool too. If you want to pop into a thread and make your first post an unprovoked tossing of crap towards a member who hasn't even addressed you - not cool. You made it clear you were addressing Tyr with the reference of the big bold letters. Then you tried to insult. You didn't even make the slightest effort to address the topic at all. That's textbook flaming.

So it's not ok to mention that someone said something moronic or is acting like an ass. Thanks for proving my point about shutting down things. :rolleyes:

btw, quoted this from the other thread so you'd quit trashing a non cage thread….

jimnyc
11-08-2013, 10:36 AM
So it's not ok to mention that someone said something moronic or is acting like an ass. Thanks for proving my point about shutting down things. :rolleyes:

btw, quoted this from the other thread so you'd quit trashing a non cage thread….

That's correct, I would rather shut down the feuds that are disrupting so many threads and the board as a whole. But those members that I don't want speaking shit in threads up top - are welcome to come into the cage here and speak their minds. I honestly don't care if you disagree with my efforts to stop the feuding, keep the crap in a single area, and see debates and discussion get back to a more mature level. But if you guys all stop it elsewhere, and keep it in here, you'll see that I don't give a fuck. It's really that simple, just post in appropriate areas.