PDA

View Full Version : Words To Live By, Teddy Roosevelt, 1919...

Pale Rider
06-12-2007, 05:29 PM
"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

--Theodore Roosevelt, 1919

Pale Rider
06-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Print this out and tape it to the front of your refrigerator, so you can memorize it. This is what makes America, America.

Dilloduck
06-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Print this out and tape it to the front of your refrigerator, so you can memorize it. This is what makes America, America.

I'd bet most Americans agree with this sentiment but I'm noticing an obvious lack of polling data disseminated by the media as to how people feel about this Amnesty bill. Media manipulation ??

Pale Rider
06-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I'd bet most Americans agree with this sentiment but I'm noticing an obvious lack of polling data disseminated by the media as to how people feel about this Amnesty bill. Media manipulation ??

I was watching Fox News this morning, and they said that since the amnesty bill got pulled, and the President is trying to ram it through, the outcry from people is twice as huge as the first round.

Dilloduck
06-19-2007, 11:11 AM
I was watching Fox News this morning, and they said that since the amnesty bill got pulled, and the President is trying to ram it through, the outcry from people is twice as huge as the first round.

As much as they say the don't listen to polls, I'd still like to see some daily numbers and watch these goons try to vote FOR a bill that 75% (my guess) of Americans HATE.

Hugh Lincoln
06-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Someone alert the Southern Poverty Law Center so they can put Roosevelt on the "Hate Watch" list!

Pale Rider
06-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Someone alert the Southern Poverty Law Center so they can put Roosevelt on the "Hate Watch" list!

Oh yeah... in this fucked up day and age of PC, he'd be a racist, bigot, separatist, anti immigrant, hate monger.

Guernicaa
06-20-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm just curious to know, it seems odd to me why President Bush would be for "amnesty" or at least a form of amnesty if most of his party is telling him otherwise.

...it just sorta puzzles me...

It seems more Republicans are against immigration than they are stem-cell research...and we all know Bush's stance on both.

Hmm..Oh well... the more that hates him the better.

Dilloduck
06-20-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm just curious to know, it seems odd to me why President Bush would be for "amnesty" or at least a form of amnesty if most of his party is telling him otherwise.

...it just sorta puzzles me...

It seems more Republicans are against immigration than they are stem-cell research...and we all know Bush's stance on both.

Hmm..Oh well... the more that hates him the better.

and how exactly does that help you?

Pale Rider
06-20-2007, 06:47 PM
I've been asking the same thing myself for quite some time.

Let me know if you find out why.

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 01:36 PM
*Bump*