PDA

View Full Version : Obama secretly lifts Iran sanctions?

Arbo
11-08-2013, 09:44 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11/08/exclusive-obama-s-secret-iran-d-tente.html

A review of Treasury Department notices reveals that the U.S. government has all but stopped the financial blacklisting of entities and people that help Iran evade international sanctions since the election of its president, Hassan Rouhani, in June.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-08-2013, 10:03 AM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2013/11/08/obama_secretly_loosened_sanctions_on_iran.html Follow @politicalwire

November 08, 2013
Obama Secretly Loosened Sanctions on Iran
Long before a nuclear deal was in reach, the U.S. was quietly lifting some of the financial pressure on Iran, the Daily Beast reports.

"A review of Treasury Department notices reveals that the U.S. government has all but stopped the financial blacklisting of entities and people that help Iran evade international sanctions since the election of its president, Hassan Rouhani, in June." Secret --why secret? I'll tell you why because its not being done to solve any problem other than the problem it was causing Iran!! Its a gift to Iran from Obama the traitor, and that's why it was done. --Tyr

logroller
11-08-2013, 10:30 AM
***Threads merged***

revelarts
11-08-2013, 10:37 AM
According to all of the IAEA reports Iran is compliance with the voluntary conditions.
Since 1984 the U.S. has been claiming Iran is on the Brink of having 1 bomb and it will be the end of the world. basically BS.

the worse thing Iran has done is aid Hezbollah and defy the U.S. and Israel and do their own thing.
They have never attacked any other country. period. They are not allied with alqeada terrorist as Obama Kerry, McCain and Graham want to do in Syria.

the scare mongering over them is over baked.

As I've looked into this it seems the real motive for the pressure on Iran is that some in the region do not want Iran to be the regional power.
the Saudis are afraid of it and Israel doesn't like the idea either. And neo-cons and neo-libs seem to have had a plan of M.E. destabilization where they all end up a bunch of half cracked weak M.E. gov'ts just barley holding together.

When the Shaw was in Power Iran was a, if not the, dominant M.E. power besides Israel. But of course the Shaw was our boy, so it was all great then.

I know this will not convince some who think Iran is on the edge of world domination and Armageddon as soon as they get their ONE nuke ready.
But just as the Saddam threat and the Assad Threat and the Qaddafi threat are mostly HYPE, Iran is one of our gov't hawks BOGGIE men that ..It seems to me at this point.... could be handled much like China. there's no need for hysterics. No need for sanctions.
We trade with China like they are Canada and they are a MUCH more significant threat in EVERY way that Iran will ever be.

Iranians leaders military and secret services are not fanatic MAD dogs. Our intell services and state dept know this, the Iranians have rep of being extremely thoughtful and politically pragmatic. Not driven by religious rage or fits. despite propaganda to the contrary.

But hey I hate to spoil the 2 minutes of hate for both Obama and Iran. That's a double hitter. but IMO it's not the clearest way to view the situation.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-08-2013, 10:47 AM
According to all of the IAEA reports Iran is compliance with the voluntary conditions.
Since 1984 the U.S. has been claiming Iran is on the Brink of having 1 bomb and it will be the end of the world. basically BS.

the worse thing Iran has done is aid Hezbollah and defy the U.S. and Israel and do their own thing.
They have never attacked any other country. period. They are not allied with alqeada terrorist as Obama Kerry, McCain and Graham want to do in Syria.

the scare mongering over them is over baked.

As I've looked into this it seems the real motive for the pressure on Iran is that some in the region do not want Iran to be the regional power.
the Saudis are afraid of it and Israel doesn't like the idea either. And neo-cons and neo-libs seem to have had a plan of M.E. destabilization where they all end up a bunch of half cracked weak M.E. gov'ts just barley holding together.

When the Shaw was in Power Iran was a, if not the, dominant M.E. power besides Israel. But of course the Shaw was our boy, so it was all great then.

I know this will not convince some who think Iran is on the edge of world domination and Armageddon as soon as they get their ONE nuke ready.
But just as the Saddam threat and the Assad Threat and the Qaddafi threat are mostly HYPE, Iran is one of our gov't hawks BOGGIE men that ..It seems to me at this point.... could be handled much like China. there's no need for hysterics. No need for sanctions.
We trade with China like they are Canada and they are a MUCH more significant threat in EVERY way that Iran will ever be.

Iranians leaders military and secret services are not fanatic MAD dogs. Our intell services and state dept know this, the Iranians have rep of being extremely thoughtful and politically pragmatic. Not driven by religious rage or fits. despite propaganda to the contrary.

But hey I hate to spoil the 2 minutes of hate for both Obama and Iran. That's a double hitter. but IMO it's not the clearest way to view the situation. Rev. I respect you but have to completely disagree with you on this. You make some very good points but you clearly do not get the fact that Iran if it gets a nuke will eventually use it on Israel. That is not fantasy nor is it engineered propaganda. How you can so greatly underestimate the threat of a radical muslim controlled theocracy baffles me my friend but your posts clearly suggests that you do.-Tyr

revelarts
11-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Rev. I respect you but have to completely disagree with you on this. You make some very good points but you clearly do not get the fact that Iran if it gets a nuke will eventually use it on Israel. That is not fantasy nor is it engineered propaganda. How you can so greatly underestimate the threat of a radical muslim controlled theocracy baffles me my friend but your posts clearly suggests that you do.-Tyr

well we can disagree here.
But I'd lke to know this from anyone, why hasn't Iran attacked Israel already? If they are so crazed. they have a million man army of Muslim fanatics right?, and access to various weapons that could decimate the country in a surprise strike.
they could sponsor terrorist to plague Israel daily.
If they are COMPELLED By an all consuming mad fervor to destroy Israel. It was thought that Egypt and Israel could never get along. they actually DID go to war with each other. But they were able to make a peace that lasted over 40 years.
Saudi Arabia has never recognized Israel as a state. It's a "muslum" monarchy run country with Sharia laws. Yeman has never recognized Israel, the United Arab United Arab Emirates Both Muslim lead countries too same for Quatar, Pakistan, Oman, Indonesia among others.

All of those Muslim monarchies and Sharia law despot countries have never recognized Israel, and PAKISTAN even has nukes.

In my opinion is just a likely, more likely that some nut/corrupt military leader in Pakistan would use nukes or sell nukes to loose cannon type groups than Iran would.

no one has a crystal ball but thankfully so far, all of the nuke powers have kept their guns holstered. And based on the Iranians history , if they did get a nuke in the next 5 minutes, I'd suspect they'd play it cooler than North Korea and Pakistan have (Pakistan has been on the brink of Nuclear war with India for over 30 years now?). the Iranians are as familiar with the the cold war and M.A.D. as any other country in the world.
I don't want any more countries to get the bomb but keeping the tech for it and the other new weapons out of others hands is not a realistic prospect long term it seems to me.

And ..so far... the IAEA, and our own intel assessments have said they ARE in compliance.
the questions people bring up are about so-called "suspected sights" not with any real evidence just a bunch of HYPE and fear mongering. All the the sites where they KNOW nuke work is going on in have been inspected and pass the smell test.
No other nuclear treaty signer gets the treatment of Iran, do you blame them for only allowing SOME of the extra probing.
But like the AZ cops, a lot of people think that Iranians are clenching their buttock. So they want to do an anal probe, 1st with the finger, then an enema, then another enema, then a Colonoscopy, then an x-ray then make them pay for it, becuase they KNOW what Iran is REALLY up to.

Gaffer
11-08-2013, 05:33 PM
well we can disagree here.
But I'd lke to know this from anyone, why hasn't Iran attacked Israel already? If they are so crazed. they have a million man army of Muslim fanatics right?, and access to various weapons that could decimate the country in a surprise strike.
they could sponsor terrorist to plague Israel daily.
If they are COMPELLED By an all consuming mad fervor to destroy Israel. It was thought that Egypt and Israel could never get along. they actually DID go to war with each other. But they were able to make a peace that lasted over 40 years.
Saudi Arabia has never recognized Israel as a state. It's a "muslum" monarchy run country with Sharia laws. Yeman has never recognized Israel, the United Arab United Arab Emirates Both Muslim lead countries too same for Quatar, Pakistan, Oman, Indonesia among others.

All of those Muslim monarchies and Sharia law despot countries have never recognized Israel, and PAKISTAN even has nukes.

In my opinion is just a likely, more likely that some nut/corrupt military leader in Pakistan would use nukes or sell nukes to loose cannon type groups than Iran would.

no one has a crystal ball but thankfully so far, all of the nuke powers have kept their guns holstered. And based on the Iranians history , if they did get a nuke in the next 5 minutes, I'd suspect they'd play it cooler than North Korea and Pakistan have (Pakistan has been on the brink of Nuclear war with India for over 30 years now?). the Iranians are as familiar with the the cold war and M.A.D. as any other country in the world.
I don't want any more countries to get the bomb but keeping the tech for it and the other new weapons out of others hands is not a realistic prospect long term it seems to me.

And ..so far... the IAEA, and our own intel assessments have said they ARE in compliance.
the questions people bring up are about so-called "suspected sights" not with any real evidence just a bunch of HYPE and fear mongering. All the the sites where they KNOW nuke work is going on in have been inspected and pass the smell test.
No other nuclear treaty signer gets the treatment of Iran, do you blame them for only allowing SOME of the extra probing.
But like the AZ cops, a lot of people think that Iranians are clenching their buttock. So they want to do an anal probe, 1st with the finger, then an enema, then another enema, then a Colonoscopy, then an x-ray then make them pay for it, becuase they KNOW what Iran is REALLY up to.

iran has attacked Israel. hezbo is their proxy and has attacked Israel a number of times. They just aren't ready to make a full fledged assault due to the logistics of such. First they have to stabilize syria because they would have to move troops into that country. They also need to make sure they have enough nuclear material to make plenty of nukes, not just one. And they are a theocracy. A fundamentalist bunch of nut jobs. They are not ruled by the president there. And they do not concern themselves with MAD.

They are not rational people to be bargained with. That's what you and the administration don't grasp.

aboutime
11-08-2013, 05:55 PM
All of us should now recognize. OBAMA has intentionally Betrayed Israel with his actions.

The LIAR, and now CHEAT. Deserves No Respect from Anyone.

Only Honest, Truthful Human beings get respect. Obama will never get it.