PDA

View Full Version : White guy wins after leading voters to believe he's black

Little-Acorn
11-09-2013, 02:14 PM
What an absolute scream!

If people in your district are not paying much attention, and also casting their votes based on race, use that against them!

Is that any worse than getting their votes by, say, promising them if they like their health care plan they can keep it, when you know that's not true?

I wonder if the guy will be any good as mayor....?

(See also the movie "The Distinguished Gentleman", starring Eddie Murphy)

--------------------------------------------------------

http://www.khou.com/news/local/White-guy-wins-after-leading-voters-to-believe-hes-black-231222981.html

White guy wins after leading voters to believe he’s black

by Doug Miller / KHOU 11 News

Posted on November 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Updated yesterday at 6:40 PM

HOUSTON -- Dave Wilson chuckles as he talks about his unorthodox political campaign.

"I'd always said it was a long shot," Wilson says. "No, I didn't expect to win."

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-frc1/c37.19.233.233/s160x160/316347_153767354713868_1920159423_n.jpg

Still, he figured he'd have fun running, because he was fed up with what he called "all the shenanigans" at the Houston Community College System. As a conservative white Republican running in a district whose voters are overwhelmingly black Democrats, the odds seemed overwhelmingly against him.

Then he came up with an idea, an advertising strategy that his opponent found "disgusting." If a white guy didn't have a chance in a mostly African-American district, Wilson would lead voters to think he's black.

And it apparently worked. In one of the biggest political upsets in Houston politics this election season, Wilson -- an anti-gay activist and former fringe candidate for mayor -- emerged as the surprise winner over 24-year incumbent Bruce Austin. His razor thin margin of victory, only 26 votes, was almost certainly influenced by his racially tinged campaign.

"Every time a politician talks, he's out there deceiving voters," he says.

Wilson, a gleeful political troublemaker, printed direct mail pieces strongly implying that he's black. His fliers were decorated with photographs of smiling African-American faces -- which he readily admits he just lifted off websites -- and captioned with the words "Please vote for our friend and neighbor Dave Wilson."

One of his mailers said he was "Endorsed by Ron Wilson," which longtime Houston voters might easily interpret as a statement of support from a former state representative of the same name who's also African-American. Fine print beneath the headline says "Ron Wilson and Dave Wilson are cousins," a reference to one of Wilson's relatives living in Iowa.

"He's a nice cousin," Wilson says, suppressing a laugh. "We played baseball in high school together. And he's endorsed me."

Austin tried to answer the mailer with his own fliers showing Wilson's face, calling him a "right-wing hate monger" and saying he "advocated bringing back chain gangs to clean highways." But the campaign clearly caught him off guard.

Gaffer
11-09-2013, 02:31 PM
That's great, I love it. I'm sure the D will claim voter fraud and demand a recount, but it's great and shows there is real true racism along with sheer ignorance.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-09-2013, 03:48 PM
That's great, I love it. I'm sure the D will claim voter fraud and demand a recount, but it's great and shows there is real true racism along with sheer ignorance.

Anybody that does not realize that the majority of black votes cast in elections is based upon either skin color or the likelihood of even more dem freebies hasn't a clue and is about as smart as a brick IMHO. Yet blacks voting in a racist manner is ok. Its just white people that must/should vote for the best candidate. The black/dem hypocrisy is so thick one can cut it with a knife. Always has been..-Tyr

red states rule
11-11-2013, 07:11 AM
These voters are what Rush call the under informed voters. Why am I not surprised these STUPID people are registered Dems?

Jeff
11-11-2013, 07:41 AM
:laugh: This is too funny :laugh:

Kind of like when they had a news crew go out on the streets on NYC and ask blacks what they thought of Obama's pick for V.P. ( Sarah Palin ) and 99% of those asked said she would work great with Obama, jeez and I wonder if they are just voting for skin color :laugh:

red states rule
11-11-2013, 08:11 AM
:laugh: This is too funny :laugh:

Kind of like when they had a news crew go out on the streets on NYC and ask blacks what they thought of Obama's pick for V.P. ( Sarah Palin ) and 99% of those asked said she would work great with Obama, jeez and I wonder if they are just voting for skin color :laugh:

http://standupforamerica.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/stupid-voters-democrat-wins.jpg?w=600