PDA

View Full Version : This is unacceptable

tailfins
11-11-2013, 09:49 AM
There's another not shown in the image that uninsured people get charged over $800 and BCBSRI gets charged under $70. Thankfully my wife's condition was one that could wait a couple of months so insurance can be arranged. Thankfully the surgery went well. I asked the doctor when we can cancel our health insurance. He told us the day after the surgery because RI law requires complications to be covered for 90 days irrespective if the policy would otherwise be in force. The effects of Obamacare can't be felt in RI because BCBSRI already has a monopoly which gets rewarded by generous political campaign contributions. The RI "exchange" just links you to BCBSRI and Medicaid, so there's not much to break. When I asked the CSR about pre-existing conditions she asked me to change the subject because she could get fired for even mentioning or discussing pre-existing conditions. RI essentially has a stealth single-payer system with BCBSRI acting as not much more than a highly paid third-party claims processor.

Click below to enlarge.

fj1200
11-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Which is why we need some massive deregulation of the HC markets.