PDA

View Full Version : McCain: People are begging me to run for president again

red states rule
11-12-2013, 03:48 AM
and I thought Obama had a massive ego and lived in a fantasy word

McCain needs to retire and spend his days playing checkers at the home

It’s sad that Maverick’s taking this idea (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/11/11/mccain-people-want-me-to-run-for-president-again/#) just seriously enough that he’d think to mention it to another human being. He’s 77 years old, ran a famously chaotic campaign in 2008 before getting crushed on election day, and would face a much stronger, younger field in the primaries than he did last time. That he forced me just now to devote even half a second of thought to how he might stack up against the 2016 contenders is frankly embarrassing, and something for which I’ll never forgive him. It’s like watching a 60-year-old pitcher announce that he’s thinking of coming out of retirement, if his career highlight had been getting shelled in Game Seven of the World Series.

But — on an egregiously slow holiday news day, this is manna from heaven. I’ll make him a deal: I promise him my endorsement if he chooses Mitt Romney for VP.

“Particularly since the shutdown, I’ve had a spate of e-mails and letters and phone calls saying, ‘Run for president again,’” McCain told The Arizona Republic. “As you know, I’m seriously thinking about running for re-election to the Senate. But I think, in the words of the late Morris K. Udall, as far as my presidential ambitions are concerned, ‘The people have spoken — the bastards.’”…

While even McCain agrees that another presidential candidacy seems far-fetched, Bruce Merrill, a veteran Arizona political scientist and pollster, told The Republic he has fielded multiple calls from out-of-state reporters this year investigating the possibility. McCain was critical of the GOP strategy to try to defund President Barack Obama’s health-care law, resulting in a partial government shutdown. McCain emerged with better national poll numbers than others associated with the crisis, including “tea party”-style U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas.
“I can assure you, I don’t see it,” said McCain, who will turn 80 in 2016. “It’s not on my radar.”
Two possibilities. One: The letters urging him to run are secretly being sent by Cindy McCain and Meg to boost his spirits. “America needs you more than ever, <S>dad</S> Sen. McCain.” Two: Maverick’s exaggerating the clamor for him to run again as a way of sticking it to the “wacko birds,” to highlight public annoyance over the “defund” strategy. He made a similar point a few weeks ago when he said he was thinking of running for reelection to the Senate. It was the business community, he specified (http://www.debatepolicy.com/archives/2013/10/22/mccain-im-seriously-thinking-of-running-for-reelection/), that was urging him to do so, no doubt for fear that Arizona might otherwise send a tea-party Republican to the Senate who’ll be more willing to to shut down the government again than Maverick is. Claiming that they want him to run for president too is, I guess, his way of emphasizing that parts of the GOP coalition are so alarmed by conservative brinksmanship that they’d actually be nostalgic for — shudder — McCain 2008.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/11/11/mccain-people-are-begging-me-to-run-for-president-again/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-12-2013, 04:21 PM
and I thought Obama had a massive ego and lived in a fantasy word

McCain needs to retire and spend his days playing checkers at the home Begging him to run again--- :laugh2::laugh::laugh2::laugh::laugh2::laugh::laug h2::laugh::laugh2: Sure, democrats are!!!! :lol:--Tyr

gabosaurus
11-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Begging him to run again--- :laugh2::laugh::laugh2::laugh::laugh2::laugh::laug h2::laugh::laugh2: Sure, democrats are!!!! :lol:--Tyr

Dems would LOVE to have McCain run again. :cool:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Dems would LOVE to have McCain run again. :cool:

Exactly my point..... :clap:--Tyr

aboutime
11-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Sounds like McCain has been listening to those Dead, Democrat voters from the last few elections.

Arbo
11-16-2013, 11:00 PM
McCain needs to retire and spend his days playing checkers at the home

Agreed. The worst thing he could do for this country is to yet again waste our time by him running for office.

gabosaurus
11-17-2013, 12:19 AM
I would love to see another McCain candidacy. Or, better yet, Sarah Palin. It would show that the GOP has reached the bottom of the barrel.

Jeff
11-17-2013, 09:52 AM
I would love to see another McCain candidacy. Or, better yet, Sarah Palin. It would show that the GOP has reached the bottom of the barrel.

I have to agree with ya Gabby but the funny part is Palin would of been twice the president than the liar we now have in office .

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-17-2013, 09:56 AM
I have to agree with ya Gabby but the funny part is Palin would of been twice the president than the liar we now have in office . What a wise but cautious man you are Jeff. I would have stated a hundred times better a President than bamtraitor but even at that my caution would have gotten the better of me too. :laugh:-Tyr