PDA

View Full Version : School

5stringJeff
06-12-2007, 08:37 PM
I thought this was gonna be easy. Yeah right.

8 hours of class per day, with 4-6 hours of homework afterwards. And I have a baby due any day now.

Good night.

Gaffer
06-12-2007, 08:42 PM
sounds like your going to a police academy.

shattered
06-12-2007, 08:48 PM

8 hours of class per day, with 4-6 hours of homework afterwards. And I have a baby due any day now.

Good night.

Methinks that's the last thing you'll be sayin for awhile. :)

MtnBiker
06-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Sounds like a full load, good luck Jeff!

LiberalNation
06-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Why'd ya take so many classes at once.

darin
06-13-2007, 12:21 AM

Good night.

That's why you get paid the BIG BUX! :) You can do it Jeff - countless others have; and in my estimation, nobody is more capable than you.

LOki
06-13-2007, 04:18 AM

Good night.Good luck, and imminent congradulations! IF you've brought mom up with you, Crouse has the awesome delivery/baby unit.

5stringJeff
06-13-2007, 07:46 PM
sounds like your going to a police academy.

Graduate school, in pursuit of an MBA and an MPA (Master of Public Administration).

Methinks that's the last thing you'll be sayin for awhile. :)

Indeed... I was so tired last night I crashed at 9:30. That's early for me.

Sounds like a full load, good luck Jeff!

Thanks! 15 credits this summer!

Why'd ya take so many classes at once.

No choice. DoD is paying for me to attend school, taking courses as the program is designed. But it's not so much that I'm taking lots of credits, it's that it's summer school, and courses are condensed to fit into a few weeks instead of a few months.

That's why you get paid the BIG BUX! :) You can do it Jeff - countless others have; and in my estimation, nobody is more capable than you.

Thanks, dude. If you happen to run into any of my former coworkers, you can tell them what a whiner I am! :)

Good luck, and imminent congradulations! IF you've brought mom up with you, Crouse has the awesome delivery/baby unit.

Mom is still in WA, but she'll be out here in August (after the baby is born). I have heard good things about Crouse, though. We are ~5 minutes from Northeast Medical Center.

LOki
06-14-2007, 08:22 PM
More helpful CNY info for you FSJeff:

Hullars is 1/4 mile from the plaza King David's is in--right there on Rte 5. Breakfast is pretty Ok, onions are standard in the home fries. :thup:

Other Breakfast = Mother's Cupboard near the intersection of Thompson and James. If you have a weak constitution, you'll get salmonella by just looking at the place--otherwise, KICK ASS!

Mexican food: Fast food version = Jalepenos, off of Carrier Circle, Good version = The Mission off Mongomery Street, Downtown, Real = Juanita's Kitchen on 1st North Street, but there's no reservations and no way to be sure she's open when you're hungry. Alto Cinco beats the shit out of Taco Bell.

Groceries = Wegman's--Do not fuck around.

Hair cut = the place in the basement of Shoppongtown Mall. Not the style shop, but the actual Barber Shop--be a man.

If there's anything else, ask.

5stringJeff
06-14-2007, 08:42 PM
More helpful CNY info for you FSJeff:

Hullars is 1/4 mile from the plaza King David's is in--right there on Rte 5. Breakfast is pretty Ok, onions are standard in the home fries. :thup:

I've passed by there. Not a big fan of onions, but I'm always up for a good breakfast place.

Other Breakfast = Mother's Cupboard near the intersection of Thompson and James. If you have a weak constitution, you'll get salmonella by just looking at the place--otherwise, KICK ASS!

My kind of place! :thumb:

Mexican food: Fast food version = Jalepenos, off of Carrier Circle, Good version = The Mission off Mongomery Street, Downtown, Real = Juanita's Kitchen on 1st North Street, but there's no reservations and no way to be sure she's open when you're hungry. Alto Cinco beats the shit out of Taco Bell.

I'll have to find The Mission.

Groceries = Wegman's--Do not fuck around.

All over it.

Hair cut = the place in the basement of Shoppongtown Mall. Not the style shop, but the actual Barber Shop--be a man.

I am a man - I take a straight edge to my head! :D

glockmail
06-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Good luck, and imminent congradulations! IF you've brought mom up with you, Crouse has the awesome delivery/baby unit.
My 2 kids were both delivered at St. Joes. They both came out perfect.

glockmail
06-14-2007, 09:17 PM
......Other Breakfast = Mother's Cupboard near the intersection of Thompson and James. If you have a weak constitution, you'll get salmonella by just looking at the place--otherwise, KICK ASS!......

Hugh portions! I can't imagine its still there. And those fumes from the drug plant right down the street: heaven!

Don't forget Dominics for dinner, a few blocks east of I690 at Teall Ave.

Best Dentist is in Jamesville. Hot babe with a drill. I forget her name.