PDA

View Full Version : The Chinese Communist Party should end the one-child policy — for its own sake

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-13-2013, 09:27 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/chinese-communist-party-end-one-child-policy-own-161900708.html .
The Chinese Communist Party should end the one-child policy — for its own sake
By Emily Shire | The Week – 22 hrs ago. After more than 30 years, China will "fine tune" it's one-child policy, writes San Juan at China Daily. Details haven't been released yet, but it's clear the government is considering ways to relax the restriction. That might be a wise idea: If the Chinese Communist Party wants to maintain economic growth and maintain its hold on power, an overhaul of the policy is a clear necessity.

Since the one-child policy was enacted, China has reduced the birth rate by about 400 million, a staggering decrease. Ethical qualms aside (and that's a huge aside), the government's policy of limiting births certainly played a role in allowing the country's economy to flourish while lowering the strain on national resources.

However, the policy has also led to some corollary repercussions that have the potential to drag down the economy. Due to the one-child policy, China has a whole lot of old people. That comes with a variety of negative effects, a major one being your workers start aging out without a young, healthy population to replace them.

Furthermore, once that "young and vibrant labor force transitions from contributing to China's economy," it "needs to draw resources out of the country's thinly supported pension and health care systems," writes Benjamin Shobert at CNBC. A growing elderly population without strong safety nets could be a financial and social disaster.
We should be worried about this change . It is likely to give even greater reason for China to seek more territory in the future. That 400 million could be made up in less time than the 30 years it took it to get to that stage. I'm guessing less than 20 years... China on the rise spells trouble for us but hey let the usual people say otherwise and preach how it's all going to be hugs and kisses. Tyr

jafar00
11-13-2013, 01:33 PM
It must be exhausting being full of hate all the time.

I like the Chinese and I do great business with them.

revelarts
11-13-2013, 02:21 PM
We should be worried about this change . It is likely to give even greater reason for China to seek more territory in the future. That 400 million could be made up in less time than the 30 years it took it to get to that stage. I'm guessing less than 20 years... China on the rise spells trouble for us but hey let the usual people say otherwise and preach how it's all going to be hugs and kisses. Tyr

I don't trust the Chinese but they have been trading for the raw materials they need around the world.
the U.S. sends troops around the world THEN we trade to make sure we have Oil, and various raw materials.
the communist Chinese are much better traders than fighters. they'll own us before they have to fight us the way it's going.

But just because a nation becomes strong doesn't necessarily mean we have to go to war with them.
I think since America's hardly had a time since our inception without war that we think there's a fight around every corner.

how many years have the Swiss been at peace?
IMO strong trading and a strong Continental defense is all we need.
and we could not have wars any time someone makes a threat, waves a weapon in the air, or looks like they might be able to kick our butts.

revelarts
11-13-2013, 02:33 PM
WAr is not what i take away from the article though.

the one Child policy is evil. and since culturally they prefer boys, they have too many men at this point.
I'm wondering if lot of males are importing women to China. Or trying to get out of dodge to find woman. being that they tend to be of a somewhat "racially pure" mind set. it's a horrible problem.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-13-2013, 03:49 PM
I don't trust the Chinese but they have been trading for the raw materials they need around the world.
the U.S. sends troops around the world THEN we trade to make sure we have Oil, and various raw materials.
the communist Chinese are much better traders than fighters. they'll own us before they have to fight us the way it's going.

But just because a nation becomes strong doesn't necessarily mean we have to go to war with them.
I think since America's hardly had a time since our inception without war that we think there's a fight around every corner.

how many years have the Swiss been at peace?
IMO strong trading and a strong Continental defense is all we need.
and we could not have wars any time someone makes a threat, waves a weapon in the air, or looks like they might be able to kick our butts. Yes , some nations have had it easy because we paid the price to keep the wolves at bay my friend. The Swiss have enjoyed that benefit and the Alps and their lack of value aided that safety. Hitler didn't give any of the nations he simply took a choice to remain in peace. America's influence has gave peace to Europe at very little cost to them. The world is full of evil powerful people/leaders of nations that would be busy taking what they please if we did not exist to prevent it. --Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-13-2013, 03:51 PM

I like the Chinese and I do great business with them. Yes Jafar, stating truth and admitting reality is hate according to you. I have no hate for the Chinese ,none at all. Fact -Tyr

KitchenKitten99
11-13-2013, 07:32 PM

DragonStryk72
11-14-2013, 03:47 AM

Well, China's not coming after us, because it would mean trade sanctions, and we do entirely too much business with them for their economy to survive that pitfall. If they do go anywhere, you'll likely see them go after places like N. Korea, which already has both an economy, and is already communist. Makes the take over easier, because they wouldn't really need to change the laws.

Other than that, they might talk about Japan, but then that means fighting us, and they don't wanna fight us. So no, they'll go after people we think of as bastards, if anyone.

Truthfully, that's even assuming Communism lives that long in China. It's been getting steadily repealed as times goes on, and the realities of Communism continue to strain them.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Well, China's not coming after us, because it would mean trade sanctions, and we do entirely too much business with them for their economy to survive that pitfall. If they do go anywhere, you'll likely see them go after places like N. Korea, which already has both an economy, and is already communist. Makes the take over easier, because they wouldn't really need to change the laws.

Other than that, they might talk about Japan, but then that means fighting us, and they don't wanna fight us. So no, they'll go after people we think of as bastards, if anyone.

Truthfully, that's even assuming Communism lives that long in China. It's been getting steadily repealed as times goes on, and the realities of Communism continue to strain them. History shows that failing regimes often start wars to unite the people and regain power. So if great change is weakening their power they are more likely to start a war IMHO. And yes, I've stated its far more likely they will take someplace like the Philippines or some disputed territory such as the land dispute they have with Japan. And right now is the time while Obama is in charge of our military. China starts a war with Japan Obama will back China for those very trade reasons you gave. Our nation can afford losing our trade with Japan but not our Chinese workforce that gives us our products so cheaply. China is communist so Obama will back them and China knows it. Japan knows it too, as is evidenced by their rapid built up of their naval forces! These recent harsh exchanges between to two in the news are proof of that. Of course you are correct if China rolled over N. Korea we wouldn't do a thing about it. With Obama in charge if they continued on taking S. Korea we wouldn't do a thing but talk/protest with no military intervention. China's recent move to settle its dispute with Russia points towards it trying to settle that issue and get assurances from Russia of its non-intervention should they take on Korea, Japan or any other territory not under Russian control IMHO. History repeatedly gives evidence of those failing regimes starting wars to divert the unrest in their own nation and solidify power. China has an excess of about 30 to 60 million young men that are very disposable in their eyes. So lives lost in a major war wouldn't concern them in the least... Sad but true.. -Tyr

Gaffer
11-14-2013, 01:56 PM
China won't go after NK. NK is a puppet that they use to stir things up and keep attention off of other things China is doing. They also don't want to take over a country that is still living in the 50's. Nk's population is constantly trying to get across the border to better their lives. And China's not as tolerant about that as this country. The only resource NK has to offer is a labor force which China can get readily.

At best NK would be a jumping off point for invasion forces. The most likely victims would be southeast Asia and some of the stans bordering China.

DragonStryk72
11-14-2013, 02:03 PM
History shows that failing regimes often start wars to unite the people and regain power. So if great change is weakening their power they are more likely to start a war IMHO. And yes, I've stated its far more likely they will take someplace like the Philippines or some disputed territory such as the land dispute they have with Japan. And right now is the time while Obama is in charge of our military. China starts a war with Japan Obama will back China for those very trade reasons you gave. Our nation can afford losing our trade with Japan but not our Chinese workforce that gives us our products so cheaply. China is communist so Obama will back them and China knows it. Japan knows it too, as is evidenced by their rapid built up of their naval forces! These recent harsh exchanges between to two in the news are proof of that. Of course you are correct if China rolled over N. Korea we wouldn't do a thing about it. With Obama in charge if they continued on taking S. Korea we wouldn't do a thing but talk/protest with no military intervention. China's recent move to settle its dispute with Russia points towards it trying to settle that issue and get assurances from Russia of its non-intervention should they take on Korea, Japan or any other territory not under Russian control IMHO. History repeatedly gives evidence of those failing regimes starting wars to divert the unrest in their own nation and solidify power. China has an excess of about 30 to 60 million young men that are very disposable in their eyes. So lives lost in a major war wouldn't concern them in the least... Sad but true.. -Tyr

Doesn't work in China, because the Chinese people are already united, for one. Second, even if he did decide to back them, it doesn't matter, because he really would be impeached then. As well, he's generally been trying to look good to Europe, who would oppose China, so really, not much option for him here. No, he'd start talking tough, and go for it, like when half the world had to come together to get him not to go into Syria, to the point of Russia threatening him directly.

I didn't even say China would fail, just that they likely won't be Communist in 30-40 years. Communism is working against their economy, and so they've been chipping away at it for some time. They're not a pure Communist country, or any where close really. They've been heading toward Capitalism for a while now, as they see Japan's wealth, and realize that their own system holds them back from it.

tailfins
11-14-2013, 08:26 PM

The criminal regime in Beijing is the sponsor of North Korea where death camps, massive rape, routine torture and daily repression dominate. If you are talking about the LEGITIMATE Chinese government in Taipei, that is another discussion. It's time for a ONE CHINA policy with the government in Taipei considered the legitimate Chinese government. Watch this, then try to justify:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cAjpjvowlM

Abbey Marie
11-15-2013, 12:10 AM

I saw no hatred in Tyr's post. Wariness perhaps, but not hate. Why you gotta pick on the man for no reason?