PDA

View Full Version : School Demands Student Remove ‘Duck Dynasty’ T-Shirt Saying ‘Redneck’ is a Slur

Jeff
11-15-2013, 10:26 AM
What a shame the schools have gone so Liberal , we all know these guys are looked upon as a negative thing because they stand for American values ( even though they try to hide it behind the word Redneck ) heck kids have been wearing shirts and carrying item's that say redneck on them for years but now they have to battle Christians and folks that believe in there right to carry .

A Florida middle school demanded that a student remove a t-shirt from the Duck Dynasty TV show emblazoned with the word “redneck” across it claiming it was “offensive.”
Bronwyn Ramsey’s 14-year-old son, Christopher Olsen, was forced to remove the shirt at Mandarin Middle School in Jacksonville, FL because, the school said, it violated the school’s code of conduct rules. It was the big word “redneck” to which the school objected.

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/11/27302-school-demands-student-remove-duck-dynasty-t-shirt-saying-redneck-is-a-slur/

fj1200
11-15-2013, 11:03 AM
If the N-word is not offensive when blacks use it and "queer" is not offensive when gays use it then why is "redneck" not offensive when rednecks use it?

Arbo
11-15-2013, 11:23 AM
If the N-word is not offensive when blacks use it and "queer" is not offensive when gays use it then why is "redneck" not offensive when rednecks use it?

Makes no sense does it? My roots go back into the hills, and I regularly refer to my family as hillbillies and rednecks.. 'tis not offensive, I can even sound like many family still in the hills… creeps my wife out real good. ;)

logroller
11-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Fwiw, I wouldn't want a shirt emblazoned with queer or nigger being worn at school but i dont think its the same thing with redneck. Were it a peckerwood shirt, that'd be different imo.

jimnyc
11-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Our school systems are becoming more and more like little prisons for our children. All of this PC crap is really starting to go too far.

Abbey Marie
11-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Uniform dress codes make all kinds of sense for school. Particularly in lower-income areas where keeping up with fashion is way too expensive. My Catholic school uniform was a lifesaver for that reason. We can all express ourselves after 3 pm.

fj1200
11-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Fwiw, I wouldn't want a shirt emblazoned with queer or nigger being worn at school but i dont think its the same thing with redneck. Were it a peckerwood shirt, that'd be different imo.

True, true. Was thinking that when I posted it but I agree, "redneck" is not in the same league.

Uniform dress codes make all kinds of sense for school. Particularly in lower-income areas where keeping up with fashion is way too expensive. My Catholic school uniform was a lifesaver for that reason. We can all express ourselves after 3 pm.

And getting the kids dressed in the morning goes more quickly too. Hmm, what shade of blue should I wear today???

aboutime
11-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Has that school, the teachers, and the administration also demanded

Jeff Foxworthy a SLUR as well?

http://youtu.be/0VSdYaX114Q

Jeff
11-15-2013, 04:30 PM
True, true. Was thinking that when I posted it but I agree, "redneck" is not in the same league.

And getting the kids dressed in the morning goes more quickly too. Hmm, what shade of blue should I wear today???

Exactly my point FJ it isn't the same it isn't a big deal other than it is a Christian show where all members believe in the Constitution and own guns.

gabosaurus
11-15-2013, 05:03 PM

My daughter goes to an upper income public school and they have a dress code for pretty much the same reason. So kids (and parents) aren't forced to keep up with each other. It is no different than work place dress codes. Since schools should be considered as work places.

Jeff
11-15-2013, 05:58 PM
My daughter goes to an upper income public school and they have a dress code for pretty much the same reason. So kids (and parents) aren't forced to keep up with each other. It is no different than work place dress codes. Since schools should be considered as work places.

Dang I wonder where all this school being the same thing as a work place was when the debate was about the shirts " ITS A BLACK THING " IT'S OUR TURN NOW " and so on , I hadn't seen this until it is now OK to make a rule about a shirt showing gun loving Christians :eek:

aboutime
11-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Dang I wonder where all this school being the same thing as a work place was when the debate was about the shirts " ITS A BLACK THING " IT'S OUR TURN NOW " and so on , I hadn't seen this until it is now OK to make a rule about a shirt showing gun loving Christians :eek:

Jeff. Does this mean that "WORK PLACE" in a school, is now equal to "FORT HOOD?"

No wonder!

Jeff
11-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Jeff. Does this mean that "WORK PLACE" in a school, is now equal to "FORT HOOD?"

No wonder!

AT only if it is a an upper income public school :laugh::laugh:

I love that , so I guess out there in the land of fruits and nuts when it is time to send your kid to school they send out a form showing what the parents make :laugh: and if it isn't up to your standards you may rearrange the school system to get it the way you want :laugh:

aboutime
11-15-2013, 06:23 PM
AT only if it is a an upper income public school :laugh::laugh:

I love that , so I guess out there in the land of fruits and nuts when it is time to send your kid to school they send out a form showing what the parents make :laugh: and if it isn't up to your standards you may rearrange the school system to get it the way you want :laugh:

Jeff. Not only FINANCIAL. They also try to hide, or disguise their attempts to learn whether you voted DEMOCRAT, or REPUBLICAN too!

It doesn't take much to understand why California is in such DIRE straights these days. They want ILLEGALS to have licenses...ala Jerry Brown, Free Education, Welfare, Stamps, and the residents like GABBY claim to ENJOY paying those high taxes...because their NOSES are so far up in the air. Well...you get the picture???