PDA

View Full Version : What if your kid was?

Arbo
11-15-2013, 10:58 AM
...by the gays to gain greater acceptance and legitimacy. They want to join in to establish their perversion as a norm. ... engage in their perversion.
… We that want our children to be protected from that damn falsehood demand government not do this. We are the freaking majority demanding that a sexual perversion not be made legitimate by its inclusion into government controlled/sanctioned marriage

These words by another user, made me wonder, with so many that seem filled with so much hate and disgust for gays (let's be honest, gay males, as we know they have all spanked it to gay ladies)… what happens to any of their son's if their son's turn out to be gay?

Are these the same exact people that disown their kids? That push them out of the house and onto the streets? It is known that a large portion of homeless kids are that way because of their sexual orientation… the parents do not tolerate it and boot them. So would all those that express such a high level of disgust do the same?

And what does that say about a parent that would do such a thing? Even more so a parent that claims to be a 'christian'… how 'christian' is it to throw out your own flesh and blood? Is that what Jesus says to do?

jimnyc
11-15-2013, 12:07 PM
These words by another user, made me wonder, with so many that seem filled with so much hate and disgust for gays (let's be honest, gay males, as we know they have all spanked it to gay ladies)… what happens to any of their son's if their son's turn out to be gay?

Are these the same exact people that disown their kids? That push them out of the house and onto the streets? It is known that a large portion of homeless kids are that way because of their sexual orientation… the parents do not tolerate it and boot them. So would all those that express such a high level of disgust do the same?

And what does that say about a parent that would do such a thing? Even more so a parent that claims to be a 'christian'… how 'christian' is it to throw out your own flesh and blood? Is that what Jesus says to do?

At the very least?

I would teach him that he doesn't need "greater" acceptance and legitimacy. He would learn that he is different, and shouldn't try to engage straight folks as if his sex life was the "norm". He would understand the religious value behind mine and his Mom's marriage, and that any such bonds/relationships he has in the future, wouldn't rise to the same level as a religious marriage.

Of course I wouldn't trounce him over his decisions, nor expel him from the home, and admittedly wouldn't treat him the same as I treat the subject itself on this board. But I wouldn't bend over backwards, change my opinion and all of a sudden be someone championing homosexuality and gay marriage. I would accept him for who he is, support in every way I possibly can and remain the best father I could be.

NONE of that would really change my opinion of homosexuality, gay marriage, the governments involvement... The only thing that would change or make me hypocritical, is that I would admittedly treat my son with kid gloves to ensure he knows I will always love him to the fullest extent possible, the same as if he were hetero, even though I would disagree with the lifestyle.

Abbey Marie
11-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Jim's answer was very thoughtful and real. I would add that it would be sort of like having a very low- intelligence child. I'd probably have sadness initially, and I'd expect him to have a lot of extra problems in his life. He or she would know that God via His word, and therefore we, consider homosexual activity sin.

I'd love him and pray for him daily.

Arbo
11-15-2013, 01:34 PM
So you both would treat them different that his brother that was straight? You realize that kids are a heck of a lot smarter than people realize and pick up on such things? Do you know or understand what sort of psychological impact that has on kids and it is exactly what leads to them living in the streets?

Trigg
11-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Parents treat their children differently. They're different people, with unique personalities who think and feel differently.

I don't treat my children the same. Some are more sensitive than others, so I don't discipline them the same. Some are very affectionate while others are happy with one hug a day.

I thought Jim's response was thoughtful. Parents can love a child and also disagree with their lifestyle, I'd venture to say it happens everyday.

Arbo
11-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Parents treat their children differently. They're different people, with unique personalities who think and feel differently.

Yes, there are differences. But it is a vast difference between dealing with your kids in a manner that works with them, and sending messages to your kid like 'you are not normal, your relationships will never be as meaningful as mine, we consider you a sinner'. Great way to ruin a human before they even reach adulthood.

darin
11-15-2013, 02:45 PM
I'd endeavor to help the child get the pyschological help he/she demands - ultimately, be it drugs, democrats, or even homosexuality - any destructive lifestyle they choose is their own.

jimnyc
11-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Yes, there are differences. But it is a vast difference between dealing with your kids in a manner that works with them, and sending messages to your kid like 'you are not normal, your relationships will never be as meaningful as mine, we consider you a sinner'. Great way to ruin a human before they even reach adulthood.

If that's what you read out of what I posted, so be it. I assumed your post was a trollish type post even before I responded. Nothing short of 100% acceptance of homosexuality and everything that goes with it would satisfy your question, anything less will be criticized as bad parenting. I can only speak for myself, bit it's possible to love a gay child just as much as any other child. It's very possible and very easy to raise a gay child, be fair with them and teach them things they may not be prepared for, not accept the lifestyle as my own - and again, love the child and help them succeed just like any other child. And where did anyone say that their relationship wouldn't be as meaningful? I don't think they would be the same as a religious style marriage, well, because that's likely not to happen. That doesn't mean they can't have just as meaningful of a relationship as others, if not more.

Trigg
11-15-2013, 03:34 PM

Do you even have children?

It is entirely possible to tell a child I love you, but I disagree with your choices.

jimnyc
11-15-2013, 04:19 PM

It is entirely possible to tell a child I love you, but I disagree with your choices.

I've seen parents show love for their children no matter their choices. Parents still showing immense love for criminals & drug addicts for example (and I'm not equating them with homosexuality). Point is, parents can disagree with choices made in their child's life and still give them endless and undying love. Undying love doesn't mean to agree with all they do, but perhaps closer to loving them as a child no matter what choices they may make.

Jeff
11-15-2013, 04:27 PM

After watching you and the other two Liberals telling everyone how there is more than one post about something why would we have another Gay post ?

But being the kind of guy I am I will answer ( unlike the 3 libs who just yell and whine :laugh: ) I am not sure what I would do Arbo I certainly hope a good up bringing keeps them away from that perverted life style and it also depends on there age at the time of coming out .

hjmick
11-15-2013, 05:03 PM

Truer words were never written... At least not on this board lately...

I have three daughters, the oldest of which is in prison. She made various choices that landed her there, she lives\lived a lifestyle her mother and I do not agree with. Early on we did all we could to help, to get her the help she needed, but there came a day when we could no longer help her, she became an adult and there was nothing more we could do no matter how hard we tried. We still love her, we tell her that with every email to the prison. We still hope she will get it together. Until she does, she can stay on the west coast. We can't have her in our life until she changes, and now that is something only she can decide to do. That is perhaps what is hardest on my wife.

gabosaurus
11-15-2013, 05:06 PM
A lot of people don't consider homosexuality as a "perversion." I could openly declare that kids who enjoy hunting are a "perversion."
NO ONE should be allowed to impose their moral or religious values on others.

aboutime
11-15-2013, 05:10 PM
After watching you and the other two Liberals telling everyone how there is more than one post about something why would we have another Gay post ?

But being the kind of guy I am I will answer ( unlike the 3 libs who just yell and whine :laugh: ) I am not sure what I would do Arbo I certainly hope a good up bringing keeps them away from that perverted life style and it also depends on there age at the time of coming out .

Jeff. Take notice about how, when some who argue the most, often find they are unable to dare find agreement with others...that their first standard reaction is to begin using the scriptures, or references to God, or Jesus as their only defense???
Asking a question like "What would Jesus do?" Is a loaded, unanswerable question the QUESTIONER knows...is a safe place to go, and deflect.
Sad.

Arbo
11-15-2013, 05:11 PM
anything less will be criticized as bad parenting.

I wouldn't say bad parenting, I'd say being a bad human though.

And where did anyone say that their relationship wouldn't be as meaningful?

Um… "and that any such bonds/relationships he has in the future, wouldn't rise to the same level as a religious marriage."

Two.

If one believes that being gay is a choice, perhaps that makes sense, but of course it is not.

Arbo
11-15-2013, 05:14 PM

"What would Jesus do?" Is a loaded, unanswerable question the QUESTIONER knows...

No, it is not. One would think that self identified christians would have some idea what a key figure in their religion would think or do, and be able to back it up.

gabosaurus
11-15-2013, 05:20 PM
No, it is not. One would think that self identified christians would have some idea what a key figure in their religion would think or do, and be able to back it up.

I don't believe anyone knows what key figures in their religion would think or do, since those have never been directed related to anybody in the modern era.
Everyone should be free to make their own decision. To prevent such is the foundation of state religion.

Jeff
11-15-2013, 05:20 PM
A lot of people don't consider homosexuality as a "perversion." I could openly declare that kids who enjoy hunting are a "perversion."

Yes there are plenty of queers and Liberals that don't think it is a perversion you are correct and until these said Hunters are having anal sex with a animal I will just take this from where it comes .

But as for your NO ONE should be allowed to impose well why should the queers impose there life style on everyone else ? And please don't give that sorry argument about what happens behind closed doors because if that was the case we wouldn't be talking about it now would we.

gabosaurus
11-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Yes there are plenty of queers and Liberals that don't think it is a perversion you are correct and until these said Hunters are having anal sex with a animal I will just take this from where it comes .

But as for your NO ONE should be allowed to impose well why should the queers impose there life style on everyone else ? Ans please don't give that sorry argument about what happens behind closed doors because if that was the case we wouldn't be talking about it now would we.

It would be easier to answer your questions if they were presented in proper English. In what grade did you leave school?
Otherwise, has anyone ever held a weapon to your head and forced you to perform a homosexual act? No one is forcing you to do anything. So why do you believe in forcing anyone to abide by your idea of "proper" conduct?
As for anal sex with animals, I doubt anyone here wants the details of your last hunting trip.

jimnyc
11-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Um… "and that any such bonds/relationships he has in the future, wouldn't rise to the same level as a religious marriage."

It wouldn't. That doesn't mean it can't be meaningful, or even MORE meaningful, just that it won't be under God and have the religious bond connected that myself and the wife have. That's not saying it's not as meaningful, that's stating that it's not religious like his parents was. You're misreading "rise to the level" and assuming that means it has less value, and you would be reading that wrong.

jimnyc
11-15-2013, 05:27 PM
If one believes that being gay is a choice, perhaps that makes sense, but of course it is not.

And you can't say definitively in opposition, unless you have something to offer here in the way of genes and such, from doctors and scientists, showing us that this is something they are born with? Until such time, you cannot definitively state it is not a choice.

jimnyc
11-15-2013, 05:30 PM
It would be easier to answer your questions if they were presented in proper English. In what grade did you leave school?

Another one that would prefer to degrade how another posts instead of addressing the message? I would once again challenge you to a debate on any topic if your choice, and give you like 10-1 odds - but as smart as YOU are, you would turn it down again, or make believe you didn't see it. Point is, there are 5 people smarter than you for every person you belittle and think you're smarter than. And I'll guaranfuckingtee you that I am one of the 5 brighter than you.

Jeff
11-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Otherwise, has anyone ever held a weapon to your head and forced you to perform a homosexual act? No one is forcing you to do anything. So why do you believe in forcing anyone to abide by your idea of "proper" conduct?
As for anal sex with animals, I doubt anyone here wants the details of your last hunting trip.

So it is OK for Queers to impose there life style on the rest of the world but no one should say anything :laugh: you are some kind of special that is for sure, but let me try this , why should my kids be taught anything about Homo sex if it isn't being pushed on them ? Why should my elected officials waste time on something that only happens behind closed doors and why when allowed to venture outside Do I have to watch ( or anybody else) these freaks make assholes of themselves in public ?

Jim take a lesson here Arbo's plan worked he got another one of the brain dead liberals to take his path here , again I reread what I posted and it is as simple as 1 plus 1 = 2 but this was the game he decided to play, I figured jafar would go for it but any liberal will play with him :laugh:

Arbo
11-15-2013, 05:37 PM
It wouldn't. That doesn't mean it can't be meaningful, or even MORE meaningful, just that it won't be under God and have the religious bond connected that myself and the wife have. That's not saying it's not as meaningful, that's stating that it's not religious like his parents was. You're misreading "rise to the level" and assuming that means it has less value, and you would be reading that wrong.

So when this hypothetical kid grows up, and get's married in any number of churches, you believe that your god doesn't condone such things, and that he is following a false god? Would you even go into the church or attend the wedding?

Arbo
11-15-2013, 05:40 PM
And you can't say definitively in opposition, unless you have something to offer here in the way of genes and such, from doctors and scientists, showing us that this is something they are born with? Until such time, you cannot definitively state it is not a choice.

To believe anyone makes that sort of lifestyle out of choice, is truly ignorant of science. Straight up.

aboutime
11-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Another one that would prefer to degrade how another posts instead of addressing the message? I would once again challenge you to a debate on any topic if your choice, and give you like 10-1 odds - but as smart as YOU are, you would turn it down again, or make believe you didn't see it. Point is, there are 5 people smarter than you for every person you belittle and think you're smarter than. And I'll guaranfuckingtee you that I am one of the 5 brighter than you.

There you see it first-hand jim. Gabby is so full of herself, and her snobbish status...Looking down on the rest of us. She's the one with the mental challenges. And easily accuses you, and others of being less educated...to prove how ignorant she really is...disguised as status.
Did you notice how she HAD to let us know...her daughter attends an Upper-Income school?
Too bad for gabby. The blood flowing through her COLD, COLD veins isn't any more pure than the garbage she brings here, and calls Intelligence.
Must be a really lonely, miserable kind of life...always having to prove to everyone how much more superior she wants us to believe she is.
Wonder if she has someone working for her who FLUSHES after they Wipe her butt, and then, blow her nose???

jimnyc
11-15-2013, 05:59 PM
So when this hypothetical kid grows up, and get's married in any number of churches, you believe that your god doesn't condone such things, and that he is following a false god? Would you even go into the church or attend the wedding?

No legitimate Church in my religion would "marry" homosexuals. But if one did, of course I would attend. I simply don't see this being from a Catholic church, and if it's not, then the marriage wouldn't rise to the same religious level that his parents did. This isn't about what is wrong or right by my religion, rather pointing out to the kid that his marriage isn't the same, based on one being rooted deeply in religion. Whether one is deeply rooted in religion doesn't make either more meaningful either.

To believe anyone makes that sort of lifestyle out of choice, is truly ignorant of science. Straight up.

If one was less ignorant of science, they can use said science to show us how one is born with a gay gene or similar, no? Or do you not like facts?

Arbo
11-15-2013, 07:26 PM
If one was less ignorant of science, they can use said science to show us how one is born with a gay gene or similar, no? Or do you not like facts?

It's not a gene.

Abbey Marie
11-15-2013, 07:30 PM
So you both would treat them different that his brother that was straight? You realize that kids are a heck of a lot smarter than people realize and pick up on such things? Do you know or understand what sort of psychological impact that has on kids and it is exactly what leads to them living in the streets?

I would do exactly as I've described. No more; no less. Perhaps you can show me where I would treat "them" differently? I would treat each kid a little differently in some respects if their personalities and abilities differed and therefore warranted. And not at all in other, more fundamental ways, such as how much I love them. Do you treat your children like identical automatons?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-15-2013, 08:01 PM
NO ONE should be allowed to impose their moral or religious values on others. If you truly mean that you should be adamantly opposed to Islam for it does that as no other religion! Islam wages a daily murdering campaign against all other religions around the world. ISLAM TEACHES DESTROY BY FORCE ALL THAT IS NOT OF ISLAM ... Too much easily verifiable information on that for you or anybody to refute that fact. Yet you ignore that fact in support of Islam. You can not have it both ways Gabby and still be credible ON THE SUBJECT IMHO. JUST AS ANOTHER MEMBER HERE DESCRIBED LOSING A DAUGHTER FROM THE FAMILY FOLD BECAUSE OF THAT ADULT DAUGHTERS ACTIONS I SAY THANK GOD MY DAUGHTER AND SON WILL NEVER BE ENGAGED IN THE GAY LIFESTYLE . My son almost 7 already eyes the pretty girls. Of course I will teach him to be very wary but also to treat women with proper respect. Any man that fails to do that dishonors also himself IMHO.. A TRUE CHRISTIAN MUST REJECT HOMOSEXUALITY BECAUSE IT IS SOUNDLY CONDEMNED IN THE BIBLE. A NON-CHRISTIAN SHOULD ALSO REJECT IT TOO. We are free to choose on that too! Tyr

Arbo
11-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Oh my, another thread converted to an anti-islam rant.

gabosaurus
11-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Tyr, you repeatedly overlook some very basic points. In the U.S., we have freedom of religion. We can choose to be Protestant, Catholic, Muslim, Buddhist or Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. In Muslim countries, there is no choice.
And you are wrong about Islam. Only RADICAL Islamic sects preach violence. The majority of Muslims are peaceful. Grouping them all together is like identifying all Christians with the Westboro Baptist Church, snake handlers and cults.

I don't understand this stubborn belief that homosexuality is a "choice." You don't chose your gender. Nor do you choose your hair color, skin color or ethnicity. There are those who believe that you choose to be sick. Or choose to have cancer. It is GENETIC.
Just because a kid eyes ladies (or gentlemen) as age seven doesn't mean they won't be choosing the just the opposite 10 years from now. Nothing you can do about it.

jimnyc
11-16-2013, 06:19 AM
Tyr, you repeatedly overlook some very basic points. In the U.S., we have freedom of religion. We can choose to be Protestant, Catholic, Muslim, Buddhist or Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. In Muslim countries, there is no choice.
And you are wrong about Islam. Only RADICAL Islamic sects preach violence. The majority of Muslims are peaceful. Grouping them all together is like identifying all Christians with the Westboro Baptist Church, snake handlers and cults.

I don't understand this stubborn belief that homosexuality is a "choice." You don't chose your gender. Nor do you choose your hair color, skin color or ethnicity. There are those who believe that you choose to be sick. Or choose to have cancer. It is GENETIC.
Just because a kid eyes ladies (or gentlemen) as age seven doesn't mean they won't be choosing the just the opposite 10 years from now. Nothing you can do about it.

If it was genetic, it would be able to be pinpointed and shown by doctors or scientists, just as they can show cancer cells, hair color, skin color and other things that one is born with. Until such time that there is medical or scientific proof, you're just guessing as everyone else is. Speaking definitively without proof is silly, especially when someone is falling back on a science that would require certainty and some sort of proof. Instead, there is nothing, nada, zilch, zero.

jimnyc
11-16-2013, 06:32 AM
Oh my, another thread converted to an anti-islam rant.

I don't see where that happened. Gabby made a mention of moral and religious values, and how they shouldn't be imposed on others. Tyr countered by pointing out her hypocrisy on that religious statement, using Islam as an example, and then went into morality to explain what he would teach his child, and then Christianity to explain why he would reject homosexuality. I think that was a reply spot on and with supporting arguments. Was the Islam necessary? Probably not, but it WAS necessary if he wanted to point out her hypocrisy of supporting and/or condemning what one religion does, while overlooking or remaining ignorant about another.

With that said, and if you truly though it was off topic, you could have ignore or moved on, but you chose to highlight it, and highlight it to someone you know has you on ignore. At least his post was OT to what he was replying to.

Jeff
11-16-2013, 06:40 AM
I don't see where that happened. Gabby made a mention of moral and religious values, and how they shouldn't be imposed on others. Tyr countered by pointing out her hypocrisy on that religious statement, using Islam as an example, and then went into morality to explain what he would teach his child, and then Christianity to explain why he would reject homosexuality. I think that was a reply spot on and with supporting arguments. Was the Islam necessary? Probably not, but it WAS necessary if he wanted to point out her hypocrisy of supporting and/or condemning what one religion does, while overlooking or remaining ignorant about another.

With that said, and if you truly though it was off topic, you could have ignore or moved on, but you chose to highlight it, and highlight it to someone you know has you on ignore. At least his post was OT to what he was replying to.

All part of the Nit Wit Games being played James

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-16-2013, 07:10 AM

Just because a kid eyes ladies (or gentlemen) as age seven doesn't mean they won't be choosing the just the opposite 10 years from now. Nothing you can do about it. I do not fault you for believing that a lot of people do. I have a very different take on it and yes my faith has a lot to do with that judgment. Would be a very dull world if we all agreed. As a wild young guy I dated a lot of gals that ran the political spectrum because it wasn't about politics. Rather it was about the spice of life. ;) There is something to be said about variety and having experienced a wide range of "foods". Experience should not be underestimated in in basing ones views or in understanding the views others present. -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-16-2013, 07:18 AM

With that said, and if you truly though it was off topic, you could have ignore or moved on, but you chose to highlight it, and highlight it to someone you know has you on ignore. At least his post was OT to what he was replying to. Thanks. Yes my reply was dead on topic reply to Gabby's previous post. If somebody wants to criticize my views it's what this place is about but to complain and falsely charge off topic or thread diversion is nonsense. If my reply was off topic or thread diversion then obviously Gabby's would have been as well. Neither her post or mine were which is the reality of it as you just pointed out. --Tyr

Jeff
11-16-2013, 07:27 AM
Thanks. Yes my reply was dead on topic reply to Gabby's previous post. If somebody wants to criticize my views it's what this place is about but to complain and falsely charge off topic or thread diversion is nonsense. If my reply was off topic or thread diversion then obviously Gabby's would have been as well. Neither her post or mine were which is the reality of it as you just pointed out. --Tyr

This is the new DP , certain new poster's have decided to play games and try to get other uneducated trolls to follow them in making up nonsense and other than the couple that follow one nit wit there has only been one other to get taken in by this game and you guessed it she isn't the brightest bulb in the light , but sit back and watch the games being played here , it is better than a good TV show.

Arbo
11-16-2013, 08:51 AM
I don't see where that happened. Gabby made a mention of moral and religious values, and how they shouldn't be imposed on others.

Seriously? The discussion was about here, about homosexuality… The guy does this all the time, hell, look right after your post and you see the troops forming up again. This is far from the only thread, but hey, you allow it and it's your forum, so be it.

tailfins
11-16-2013, 09:00 AM

Jim's answer was very thoughtful and real. I would add that it would be sort of like having a very low- intelligence child. I'd probably have sadness initially, and I'd expect him to have a lot of extra problems in his life. He or she would know that God via His word, and therefore we, consider homosexual activity sin.

I'd love him and pray for him daily.

We can call homosexual tendencies or desires temptations. It only becomes sin when acted upon.

So, there's a quick, easy answer to the OP. I would tell him not to act on his desires.

jimnyc
11-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Seriously? The discussion was about here, about homosexuality… The guy does this all the time, hell, look right after your post and you see the troops forming up again. This is far from the only thread, but hey, you allow it and it's your forum, so be it.

You are more than welcome to place these people on ignore and watch the comments disappear and stop annoying you so much. But I'm not going to censor people because you dislike what they have to say. Gabby brought up religious tolerance. I think it's fair game to point out her hypocrisy on the topic, and it was necessary to mention Islam in order to do so. And yes, the topic is homosexuality. Gabby also posted about religion. Why haven't you questioned her?

Anyway, it's your choice whether or not to make the things you complain about so much disappear. I allow them to post their POV just as I do you, and every other member here. And it's actually not that "I allow it", but rather that I don't micromanage things that members can moderate themselves. If I start censoring topics from being someone's favorite topic to discuss, then next week someone will be asking for the censoring of another topic. Not happening.

Jeff
11-16-2013, 10:18 AM

Hey Buddy just a suggestion , why don't you open your own board ? I am sure with your superior intelligence it would be a great board and then you can run it just the way you want !! Heck I will be your first member :rolleyes:

gabosaurus
11-16-2013, 11:58 AM
You are more than welcome to place these people on ignore and watch the comments disappear and stop annoying you so much. But I'm not going to censor people because you dislike what they have to say. Gabby brought up religious tolerance. I think it's fair game to point out her hypocrisy on the topic, and it was necessary to mention Islam in order to do so. And yes, the topic is homosexuality. Gabby also posted about religion. Why haven't you questioned her?

I think the only hypocrisy shown here is yours (and others). I respect the right of all people to worship as they choose. This is my right as an American citizen. I also tolerate all viewpoints on gender preference and identification. Which is also my right. They are interrelated.
There are a lot of genetic facts that have not been nailed down yet. Researchers have been looking into chromosome values and how they relate to gender identity.
No one has determined why certain people develop cancer. Or mental disorders. The studies are ongoing. Do you believe certain people choose to get cancer. Or choose to be bipolar? Genetic values are not exact.

tailfins
11-16-2013, 12:09 PM
I think the only hypocrisy shown here is yours (and others). I respect the right of all people to worship as they choose. This is my right as an American citizen. I also tolerate all viewpoints on gender preference and identification. Which is also my right. They are interrelated.
There are a lot of genetic facts that have not been nailed down yet. Researchers have been looking into chromosome values and how they relate to gender identity.
No one has determined why certain people develop cancer. Or mental disorders. The studies are ongoing. Do you believe certain people choose to get cancer. Or choose to be bipolar? Genetic values are not exact.

All of which become irrelevant when behavior becomes the focus. For example, someone who is disoriented from cancer drugs has no business operating a motor vehicle. And.... homosexual behavior is a sin irrespective of orientation.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-16-2013, 12:46 PM
All of which become irrelevant when behavior becomes the focus. For example, someone who is disoriented from cancer drugs has no business operating a motor vehicle. And.... homosexual behavior is a sin irrespective of orientation. Every time this subject is discussed the religious aspect of it comes up. Some would rather censor that part of the discussion but lets do the numbers. Islam has over a billion followers and all of them are taught homosexuality is a sin and most are taught its to be punished by executing the guilty party. Next over a billion Christians in the world the majority of which are taught homosexuality is a sin that will be judged after we die. Next the Jewish faith has just over a billion followers and the Torah teaches its a sin as well! Simple math is that is over 3 billion humans believing it a sin with approximately a billion of them judging it punishable by execution(hanging usually). Homosexuality is soundly condemn by the Bible , the Quran and the Torah! Condemned by all three of the world's major religions. And I suspect other religions may condemn it as well. Gabby bringing in the religious aspect was valid. When people ever so loudly criticize Christians for opposing it they conveniently forget its condemn by the other two major religions in the world. Three billion people are taught around the world it is a sin and we have fools screaming every time I been involved in a discussion on the topic of homosexuality that no talk of religion should be allowed! I tell ya some people are either as about as smart as a box of rocks or else as devious as Ole Lucifer... :laugh:--Tyr

Abbey Marie
11-16-2013, 04:20 PM

Gabby, since we don't know exactly what makes people identify as gay, how is same-sex attraction any different from someone who prefers Asian women, or blue-eyed people, or tall people? Isn't it possible that we are all really just acting on preferences, and those preferences are learned/environmental/choices? I am willing to believe that we could someday find a genetic cause for our attractions. But until then, I will see it as essentially that- an attraction or preference.

We may never know, though. As I recall seeing a news- magazine type show that described how gays are against research into the brain to find a cause for gay-ness. I must assume that they are phobic that nothing will be found. :dunno:

Arbo
11-16-2013, 06:53 PM
Anyway, it's your choice whether or not to make the things you complain about so much disappear. I allow them to post their POV just as I do you,

Pointing out reality is not complaining, no matter how much you want to believe it is. And yes, you let all post whatever they like, and only lecture certain one's for doing what all others do. Again, simple reality.

hjmick
11-16-2013, 07:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAd3Fqj2Ww

gabosaurus
11-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Gabby, since we don't know exactly what makes people identify as gay, how is same-sex attraction any different from someone who prefers Asian women, or blue-eyed people, or tall people? Isn't it possible that we are all really just acting on preferences, and those preferences are learned/environmental/choices? I am willing to believe that we could someday find a genetic cause for our attractions. But until then, I will see it as essentially that- an attraction or preference.

We may never know, though. As I recall seeing a news- magazine type show that described how gays are against research into the brain to find a cause for gay-ness. I must assume that they are phobic that nothing will be found.

I am talking about gender preference. You might like Asian women, tall women or fat women, but they are women. Or men.
Why would anyone choose to be discriminated against? Or to take the road less traveled? There are some who are bisexual. But they generally prefer one more than they other. Most opposition to homosexuality is motivated by religious beliefs. It is the same thing with creationism vs. evolution. The more religious you are, the less you want to trust science. Because it might disprove something you have been taught to accept.

Jeff
11-17-2013, 09:49 AM
Hey Buddy just a suggestion , why don't you open your own board ? I am sure with your superior intelligence it would be a great board and then you can run it just the way you want !! Heck I will be your first member :rolleyes:

Pointing out reality is not complaining, no matter how much you want to believe it is. And yes, you let all post whatever they like, and only lecture certain one's for doing what all others do. Again, simple reality.

That really seemed to be simple enough :poke:

Jim I certainly hope Arbo has taught you something here :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-17-2013, 10:12 AM
I am talking about gender preference. You might like Asian women, tall women or fat women, but they are women. Or men.
Why would anyone choose to be discriminated against? Or to take the road less traveled? There are some who are bisexual. But they generally prefer one more than they other. Most opposition to homosexuality is motivated by religious beliefs. It is the same thing with creationism vs. evolution. The more religious you are, the less you want to trust science. Because it might disprove something you have been taught to accept. Gabby, don't you know that speaking of religion when discussing this subject is off topic and taboo. :laugh:. --Tyr

Abbey Marie
11-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Why would anyone choose to be discriminated against? Or to take the road less traveled? There are some who are bisexual. But they generally prefer one more than they other. Most opposition to homosexuality is motivated by religious beliefs. It is the same thing with creationism vs. evolution. The more religious you are, the less you want to trust science. Because it might disprove something you have been taught to accept.

I know that you are speaking about gender preference. That is indeed what I am arguing- that it is possibly just a preference. Perhaps like any other preference.

I don't think the threat of discrimination is any evidence that gays must be born that way. Black men who prefer white women, for example, still face a ton of prejudice from both races for their preference. For one example, I just read how Taye Diggs' (black) marriage to (white) Idina Menzel, has caused him all kinds of sheer hatred from blacks, and could therefore seriously affect his acting career. Yet he went with his apparently strong preference regardless. Just one example, but you know there are tons across all sorts of ethnic and cultural lines.

glockmail
11-17-2013, 07:35 PM
I'd endeavor to help the child get the pyschological help he/she demands - ultimately, be it drugs, democrats, or even homosexuality - any destructive lifestyle they choose is their own.:lol:

This. My kids do none of those things, but I have nieces and nephews that have been involved in drugs and I just ask them if they think that is smart. For the Democrats I just debate with them and show them how they are stupid. The gay one, I don't really care, as it's the least offensive behavior of the three mentioned.

glockmail
11-17-2013, 07:37 PM
I am talking about gender preference. .... Huge mistake there Gabs, speaking truth for once. It is no longer PC to call it a preference. :laugh:

tailfins
11-17-2013, 09:44 PM
First of all I don't believe anyone is born that way, I believe that it is a sin that a person, can be tempted by like any sin, and that there is a multitude of circumstances that can cause a weakness for it, and in today's sexualized society there or more circumstances then ever, Its why more than ever we have to be vigilant in protecting our kids, from sexual influence in TV, Internet, Music ect ect, There is a Saying If you Dwell on something long enough you will do it, we have to teach our kids what is right and good, and be honest that things may happen or you may find your self in a situation you don't understand, you have to be the parents they can come to, A few years back i had a family member come out after twenty years of Marriage, at first he said he was born that way, and i told him what i believed, he finally admitted that he had been molested very young by older boys, He said I know I know your going to say that caused it, but the point is "I Liked It" Now i believe that sense he knew in is heart that it was wrong, and with no one to talk to, were it could have been dealt with and moved pass, He spent his life Dwelling on it and putting his self in situations to prove he wasn't, but of course he found it pleasurable every time, further convincing him he was, and i think we all know once you accept a Deviant behavior it gets easy, to do, this prompted us to have short light

I wonder if that's why Jafar considers this forum a good place to convert people to Islam.

Larrymc
11-17-2013, 09:53 PM

And what does that say about a parent that would do such a thing? Even more so a parent that claims to be a 'christian'… how 'christian' is it to throw out your own flesh and blood? Is that what Jesus says to do?First of all I don't believe anyone is born that way, I believe that it is a sin that a person, can be tempted by like any sin, and that there is a multitude of circumstances that can cause a weakness for it, and in today's sexualized society there or more circumstances then ever, Its why more than ever we have to be vigilant in protecting our kids, from sexual influence in TV, Internet, Music ect ect, There is a Saying If you Dwell on something long enough you will do it, we have to teach our kids what is right and good, and be honest that things may happen or you may find your self in a situation you don't understand, you have to be the parents they can come to, A few years back i had a family member come out after twenty years of Marriage, at first he said he was born that way, and i told him what i believed, he finally admitted that he had been molested very young by older boys, He said I know I know your going to say that caused it, but the point is "I Liked It" Now i believe that sense he knew in is heart that it was wrong, and with no one to talk to, were it could have been dealt with and moved pass, He spent his life Dwelling on it and putting his self in situations to prove he wasn't, but of course he found it pleasurable every time, further convincing him he was, and i think we all know once you accept a Deviant behavior it gets easy, to do, and hard to stop. this prompted us to have short light conversations with our kids, about such things as, there are parts of your body that are designed to bring pleasure, and it doesn't matter, same sex, older, younger, it may fell good, but that doesn't mean anything, about you at all, so we try to avoid these situations, if something happens we can talk about it, if you like, that's why we listen to what the bible says about sex, because we can be confused or tempted, As for that family member i told him it would never change the love i fell for him, and that his friend was welcome to, but to respect my beliefs, and the way i want to raise my family, by never acting out that behavior in my home, or around my family, and i would fell the same way if it were one of my kids. This why i am against Homosexuals trying to normalize it, its a personal thing, as an adult you can choose, but keep it personal it wont effect my family, and no one will care.

Larrymc
11-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Yes, there are differences. But it is a vast difference between dealing with your kids in a manner that works with them, and sending messages to your kid like 'you are not normal, your relationships will never be as meaningful as mine, we consider you a sinner'. Great way to ruin a human before they even reach adulthood.So to be a good parent, we should hide our feelings and beliefs if our child is participating in behavior we don't agree with, or believe is not right??

Larrymc
11-17-2013, 10:58 PM

Just because a kid eyes ladies (or gentlemen) as age seven doesn't mean they won't be choosing the just the opposite 10 years from now. Nothing you can do about it.Heterosexuality, is the only natural Sexuality, so tell me of any other Deviant Sexual Behavior of which there or many, do people claim to be born with. Heterosexual Sodomy don't think so, Infidelity naa, Oh Pedophiles. now they have the same argument, so we must be wrong to Demonize them, Hmmmm

Jeff
11-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Heterosexuality, is the only natural Sexuality, so tell me of any other Deviant Sexual Behavior of which there or many, do people claim to be born with. Heterosexual Sodomy don't think so, Infidelity naa, Oh Pedophiles. now they have the same argument, so we must be wrong to Demonize them, Hmmmm

Pedophiles have already started using this defense and now we will open the doors for them even further. I mean if a fag was born that way then why not a pedophile heck maybe a Murder was born that way, you know they just always had the feelings of wanting to kill so who are we to stand in there way (sarcasm)

Larrymc
11-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Pedophiles have already started using this defense and now we will open the doors for them even further.With Liberal thinking running rampant, if its not stop give it another twenty or less years and this to will become another Deviant Norm.

Perianne
11-18-2013, 10:48 AM
While disgusting, it is not a sin to have sexual proclivities towards children, dogs, or someone of your own gender. It is acting upon those desires that is wrong and should be discouraged.

glockmail
11-18-2013, 10:56 AM
What the fuck?

Larrymc
11-18-2013, 11:04 AM
While disgusting, it is not a sin to have sexual proclivities towards children, dogs, or someone of your own gender. It is acting upon those desires that is wrong and should be discouraged.I can agree with that Like any sin, the fact that it crosses your mind, is not necessarily sin, if you can dismiss it and move on, I think most are tempted to Lie, Steal, ect ect, but of course unless we do it, we are not lairs or thieves.

Larrymc
11-18-2013, 11:15 AM
What the fuck?Glock we all have Immoral and sometimes Demented thoughts, nothing we can do about a thought popping in our mind, but now acting on them is a whole different thing.

Abbey Marie
11-18-2013, 11:38 AM
While disgusting, it is not a sin to have sexual proclivities towards children, dogs, or someone of your own gender. It is acting upon those desires that is wrong and should be discouraged.

Umm...

Matthew 5:28 - But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. (KJV)

And that's just looking at women. Not at children (really?), etc. You may want to believe unrequited lust isn't a sin, but the Bible says otherwise.

Perianne
11-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Glock we all have Immoral and sometimes Demented thoughts, nothing we can do about a thought popping in our mind, but now acting on them is a whole different thing.

Umm...

And that's just looking at women. Not children (really?), etc. You may want to believe unrequited lust isn't a sin, but the Bible says otherwise.

As Larrymc said, a thought popping into your mind is not acting upon that thought. Lusting is acting upon that thought, IMO.

Abbey Marie
11-18-2013, 11:55 AM
As Larrymc said, a thought popping into your mind is not acting upon that thought. Lusting is acting upon that thought, IMO.

That's the first time I've heard lusting equated with action. But I would agree that if you entertain such thoughts beyond them just entering your mind briefly and unbidden and quickly dismissing them, it could rise to the level of lusting in your heart. I guess there's a reason the nuns used to caution us against "impure thoughts". I wonder if they even bother these days?

Larrymc
11-18-2013, 11:56 AM
As Larrymc said, a thought popping into your mind is not acting upon that thought. Lusting is acting upon that thought, IMO.IMO Lusting is Dwelling on subject to the point of imagining doing it, in Detail.

jimnyc
11-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Matthew 5:28 - But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. (KJV)

I've never claimed not to be a sinner. I know I am, although I strive to be the best I can. But this one? Oh boy. I hope the punishment isn't too harsh! I honestly don't try to do it, it just kind of happens. And I don't think bikini's and women's underwear were so skimpy back then. I hope I'm not going to hell because of the Miracle Bra and silk panties!!

aboutime
11-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Let's remember, and ask Jimmy....http://icansayit.com/images/CARTER.JPG

aboutime
11-18-2013, 01:56 PM

Highly Disagree Perianne. They are all disgusting, and if anyone thinks that way. That makes them the SICK one. Making excuses for such behavior is NOT good enough.

Jeff
11-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Lusting after someone or something isn't a action but rather thoughts in your mind so if you are lusting after a animal or child you are one sick sick person and yes you are committing a sin, If you had asked any preacher they I am sure you would get a explanation of Lusting after someone is thoughts not actions because a married man can sin by Lusting all day long but if he had acted on his thoughts he would be now committing adultery not committing a sin through Lust .

Nukeman
11-23-2013, 09:50 PM
No one has determined why certain people develop cancer. Or mental disorders. The studies are ongoing. Do you believe certain people choose to get cancer. Or choose to be bipolar? Genetic values are not exact.Sorry Gabs I have to call you on this. IF as you say you "respect" the right of all people to worship as they choose" OR "tolerate all viewpoints on gender preference and identification" You will also have to take and TOLERATE the OPPOSING view points as well and accept that others do not think like you. Otherwise you are being the hypocrite that you are accusing other of being.. You don't get to call others hypocrits and then be one yourself!!!!

I expect better from you, this was not very well thought out argument!!!! IMHO

logroller
11-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Except parents imposing such upon their children.