PDA

View Full Version : House Dems and Repubs pass "You can keep your present plan" bill 261-157

Little-Acorn
11-15-2013, 06:43 PM
In addition to Republicans, 20% of the Democrats in the House voted for the bill, too. Most were Democrats worried about losing their next election due to the American people's rejection of Obamacare.

If that happens in the Senate, it will pass there, too. But will they?

The Mr. Obama might have to explain why he had a chance to let people keep the health plans they like, plans they had chosen back when government allowed them to choose.... but he vetoed it.

----------------------------------------

http://townhall.com/news/politics-elections/2013/11/15/house-passes-republican-bill-to-let-insurers-offer-old-health-plans-n1747373

House passes Republican bill to let insurers offer old health plans

Reuters News | Nov 15, 2013

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The House of Representatives on Friday approved a Republican bill that would allow insurers to continue to offer for another year healthcare plans that do not comply with the higher standards of benefits under President Barack Obama's healthcare reform law.

The vote in the Republican-majority chamber was 261-157 for the measure sponsored by Republican Representative Fred Upton. Thirty-nine Democrats supported it despite a White House veto threat.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-15-2013, 08:05 PM
In addition to Republicans, 20% of the Democrats in the House voted for the bill, too. Most were Democrats worried about losing their next election due to the American people's rejection of Obamacare.

If that happens in the Senate, it will pass there, too. But will they?

The Mr. Obama might have to explain why he had a chance to let people keep the health plans they like, plans they had chosen back when government allowed them to choose.... but he vetoed it.

----------------------------------------

http://townhall.com/news/politics-elections/2013/11/15/house-passes-republican-bill-to-let-insurers-offer-old-health-plans-n1747373

House passes Republican bill to let insurers offer old health plans

Reuters News | Nov 15, 2013

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The House of Representatives on Friday approved a Republican bill that would allow insurers to continue to offer for another year healthcare plans that do not comply with the higher standards of benefits under President Barack Obama's healthcare reform law.

The vote in the Republican-majority chamber was 261-157 for the measure sponsored by Republican Representative Fred Upton. Thirty-nine Democrats supported it despite a White House veto threat. I hope he vetoes it. And if it passes in the Senate he will. Then the truth about him and his agenda may just get a proper airing. Then just maybe a few million more Americans will finally wake up to what a destroyer and monster he truly is!--Tyr

aboutime
11-15-2013, 08:09 PM
I hope Obama uses his VETO pen against this.

That's what most would call "The last straw".

I for one. Welcome an Obama Veto. The FIVE MILLION plus Americans who are only the beginning of the cancellations from the Insurance companies are learning how the Best Advertising AGAINST Obamacare is....WORD OF MOUTH.

Go for it Obama. Show us your stuff now!

tailfins
11-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Here's Limbaugh's take:

Well, it is proof the Republicans shouldn't try to fix it (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/11/14/bullied_republicans_must_insist_on_repeal_resist_p itfall_of_becoming_part_of_phony_fix), but they're damn lucky he vetoed it. I'm just gonna tell you, they don't know how lucky they are that he's gonna veto this. And I hope he holds firm and does.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/11/15/why_obama_will_veto_upton_bill

aboutime
11-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Here's Limbaugh's take:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/11/15/why_obama_will_veto_upton_bill

Hopefully. Obama will think his ENEMY Rush, is trying to use Reverse Psychology to pretend to make Obama NOT VETO the bill. But, Obama, being the idiot he is. Will Hopefully Veto the bill just to please himself...and all of those UN-EDUCATED women he thinks will take his side with his scare tactics.

Go for it Obama. Show us how it's done. Either way. THE SCREWING goes on. You, or us.

logroller
11-15-2013, 08:49 PM
I hope he vetoes it. And if it passes in the Senate he will. Then the truth about him and his agenda may just get a proper airing. Then just maybe a few million more Americans will finally wake up to what a destroyer and monster he truly is!--Tyr
That or the senate will gut it. It completely undermines the insurance reform that is, not only part and parcel of PPACA but, indeed the thrust of the law.

gabosaurus
11-16-2013, 01:20 AM
They should have done this in the first place. The needs of the American people often take second place behind political squabbling.

Jeff
11-16-2013, 05:45 AM
They should have done this in the first place. The needs of the American people often take second place behind political squabbling.

Political squabbling, that is what they call it now , hell I would of just settled with the President lied through his teeth to the American people .