PDA

View Full Version : Puppies

Jeff
11-16-2013, 06:37 AM
What a day yesterday was, my Bully had pups or was suppose to but after a day and a half of trying we needed to take here for a C section last night and Holy Hell it cost $750 , I have never paid that kind of money at a vet but without the surgery she would of died , as it turned out she had 5 pups 3 here and 2 they took , one survived here a female and when they cut her open the first one they took out was alive but unresponsive , heck the pup once starting to move ( after being out of the mom for 45 mins or so ) was only taking a breath ever 7 seconds ,But the Vet said as long as there was a heart beat there was hope and low and behold we brought the pup home and laid it with its sister and Mom ( I had already told the kids that pups name was dead dog :laugh:) But the wife wouldn't give up and kept stimulating her and after being home for a hour or so ( probably 3 hours after it was born ) the pup started to scream for food, this little pup was so far gone I believe most would of threw the towel in but it just goes to show as long as there is a chance don't give up.

So now I have 3 Bullies ( well one and 2 pups that are at least half Bully ) yes we have a dog next door that I am praying was the dad, he is a huge PIT ( well over a 100 lbs) and that was the reason for her having such a hard time ( the pups where so big) But I also have a male Pitt/Rott mix ( so he may be the Dad as well ) I though I kept them separate ( but who knows, they can be pretty clever when it comes to sex) But one thing is sure enough the second pup born will have a Huge head and will be a big dog.

jimnyc
11-16-2013, 06:42 AM
So 3 of the pups didn't make it? :(

Get pictures for us ya bastard!!

Jeff
11-16-2013, 06:55 AM
So 3 of the pups didn't make it? :(

Get pictures for us ya bastard!!

Yes 3 died, I guess they where just to big to pass , as for pictures I will as they start to look a bit better, right now it is kind of like a baby when they are first born , not much to look at :laugh: I love when I hear these woman say ooo how cute the baby is in the nursery , hell they are usually ugly almost scary looking :laugh: but to Mom Dad and grandparents they are beautiful , guess I am one of the honest ones .

Abbey Marie
11-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Poor girl! Jeff, thanks for stepping up and doing the right (but expensive) thing.