PDA

View Full Version : Johnson on top again after wild NASCAR season

Jeff
11-18-2013, 08:32 AM
6 time champion, and yes one of the best drivers to ever win a race, if not the best. Yes there are 2 other guys that have won 7 championships and won many more races but of course they won those races when Nascar had more than double the amount of Nascar sanctioned races and lets not forget the talent Jimmie is racing against, IMO he is hands down the best driver in the History of the sport.

A side note here , why in the Heck do they have Danica's picture on this article, maybe trying to show just how good Jimmie is by reminding us how bad she is ? Yes she won a pole :laugh: and finished 8th at Daytona ( yes a track that is all luck but hey had to give her some hope , I guess )

HOMESTEAD, Fla. (AP) -- Jimmie Johnson has a sixth NASCAR championship in hand and two legends within reach.

Johnson staked his claim as one of the most dominant competitors Sunday by winning his sixth Sprint Cup title in eight years.
He needs one more championship - he's sure to be the early favorite in 2014 - to tie the NASCAR record held by Richard Petty and the late Dale Earnhardt. Johnson barely got to complete his celebratory burnouts before the debate began: Where does he rank among NASCAR greats?
This much is certain: At 38 years and 61 days old, Johnson is the youngest driver to win six NASCAR championships. Petty was 38 years and 144 days old when he won No. 6 in 1975. Earnhardt was 42 when he won his sixth in 1993.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/johnson-top-again-wild-nascar-083333241--nascar.html

jimnyc
11-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Good for Johnson! It was nice seeing him with his wife and daughter after the race, he couldn't help but cry a little when they came over.

Jeff
11-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Good for Johnson! It was nice seeing him with his wife and daughter after the race, he couldn't help but cry a little when they came over.

All they needed was the new baby and I think he would of broke down all together, his beautiful wife didn't even look good yesterday because she was so emotinal , I guess winning and being put to the top of the charts is a pretty emotinal thing to go through ,I mean his name is now being talked about as any of the greatest athletes of all times. But yes it was nice to see a driver actually happy and thankful, after last year watching that jerk Keslowski get drunk within the first 5 mins ( literally ) and then act like a ass on stage it was nice to see someone with class except the trophy .

jimnyc
11-19-2013, 12:32 PM
All they needed was the new baby and I think he would of broke down all together, his beautiful wife didn't even look good yesterday because she was so emotinal , I guess winning and being put to the top of the charts is a pretty emotinal thing to go through ,I mean his name is now being talked about as any of the greatest athletes of all times. But yes it was nice to see a driver actually happy and thankful, after last year watching that jerk Keslowski get drunk within the first 5 mins ( literally ) and then act like a ass on stage it was nice to see someone with class except the trophy .

Well, he has 6 titles in 8 years now. Aren't the all time leaders Dale Earnhardt and Petty with 7 apiece?

Jeff
11-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Well, he has 6 titles in 8 years now. Aren't the all time leaders Dale Earnhardt and Petty with 7 apiece?

Yes they sure are , But as I watch things unravel on TV they are putting Jimmie up on a platform with the greatest athlete's of our time and most seem to be OK with it except for Mcnabb who was a average QB but his skin color made him great :eek:, Jimmie ought to offer him a million bucks to just make 10 laps on the track at the minimum speed :laugh: and if he can't do it then he will need to apologize for his comment .