PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Sanford will have no insurance.

Larrymc
11-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Jessica Sanford, one of @BarackObama’s #obamacare ‘success stories,’ will have no insurance.

Oh dear God but the Democrats have not done right by this woman (http://washingtonstatewire.com/blog/rude-awakening-for-federal-way-woman-who-got-shout-out-from-president-cant-afford-obamacare-policy-after-all/#.Uoq1uZH1JMg.twitter).
OLYMPIA, Nov. 17.—Jessica Sanford, the Federal Way woman who got a shout-out from President Obama last month with her fan letter for the Affordable Care Act, got a rather rude awakening last week. Turns out she doesn’t qualify for a tax credit after all.
At least that’s what the letter said that she got from the state. Now she says her dream of affordable health insurance has gone poof. She can’t afford it. She’ll have to go without. “I’m really terribly embarrassed,” she says. “It has completely turned around on me. I mean, completely.” http://www.redstate.com/2013/11/18/jay-inslee-obamacare-exchanges-washington-jessica-sanford/

tailfins
11-19-2013, 09:34 AM
I rather like the idea of only having health insurance when you are sick. I wonder why no body mentions that you often can't use the exchanges if you turn down employer offered coverage.

Larrymc
11-19-2013, 09:55 AM
I rather like the idea of only having health insurance when you are sick. I wonder why no body mentions that you often can't use the exchanges if you turn down employer offered coverage.My wife's job offers insurance but we can't afford it, but when i check on ACA once you say your employer offers it, your done, i had no chance to see if we might be eligible for a subsidy.

tailfins
11-19-2013, 10:03 AM
My wife's job offers insurance but we can't afford it, but when i check on ACA once you say your employer offers it, your done, i had no chance to see if we might be eligible for a subsidy.

Having already done lots of reading on the topic, there's a good chance you'll not have to pay the penalty. Because of a provision that was improperly written, for exchange purposes, an INDIVIDUAL policy must exceed 9.5% of income to be unaffordable. For penalty purposes the cost of a FAMILY policy must exceed 8% of your HOUSEHOLD income to be exempt from the penalty. Your incentive, oddly enough is to go uninsured.

glockmail
11-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Anyone wanna bet that Jessica voted for Obama twice? :laugh:

Jeff
11-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Anyone wanna bet that Jessica voted for Obama twice? :laugh:

That makes a sad subject funny, at this point all we have to laugh at is the fact that these idiots that voted for him will also be getting SCREWED by his laws, it will be fun to watch those on the board squirm as they must keep up there intelligence level even as the one they protect screws them :laugh::laugh::laugh:

aboutime
11-20-2013, 05:57 PM
That makes a sad subject funny, at this point all we have to laugh at is the fact that these idiots that voted for him will also be getting SCREWED by his laws, it will be fun to watch those on the board squirm as they must keep up there intelligence level even as the one they protect screws them :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jeff. Sad, and Funny are only the beginning. As time goes on, and more of the Willfully, Under, and Un-educated who voted for Obama twice get to learn how they were PLAYED...TWICE. Only if they somehow become aware of, or newly educated about Obamacare, or everything related to Obama. Will they finally have the courage to admit...Despite how they voted for him because he was the First Black President...he used their skin color to destroy THEIR LIVES...possibly, forever.
If they thought LBJ, and Clinton were Marvels of their time. Obama should be like a BOIL on their tender Butts.

Arbo
11-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Some may say it is mean, but I very much enjoy seeing those who supported Obamacare getting screwed over by Obamacare. Unfortunately they most often are not bright enough to learn any sort of lesson from it.

jimnyc
11-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Some may say it is mean, but I very much enjoy seeing those who supported Obamacare getting screwed over by Obamacare. Unfortunately they most often are not bright enough to learn any sort of lesson from it.

I say fuck 'em. If this is what they supported and they wanted, then they must unfortunately deal with the consequences.