PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch of morons!

tailfins
11-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Don't these people know Black Friday is when stores dump merchandise that are slow sellers? If you look carefully, you will notice that many Black Friday items are lacking or have an inferior version of a key feature, for example a computer with a Celeron processor.

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2013/11/21/campers-already-staking-out-black-friday-bargains/

Campers have already been lining up outside some big box retailers, hoping to cash in on holiday bargains.
Jim Alooh pitched his tent on Monday to be first in line outside a Best Buy in Cuyahoga Falls.

jimnyc
11-21-2013, 09:40 AM
There are usually anywhere from 2-10 items of the great sales too, like TV's and computers. This will be in the fine print that nobody reads. You'll wait on line for 90 hours and the items you want will be sold out before you get in the store anyway. Just keep looking around the internet, take your time, and you'll get better deals before Christmas AND it'll be delivered to you AND you don't need to sit in lines AND you don't have to be an idiot and leave your family and nice warm home on Thanksgiving or the early morning afterwards.

Jeff
11-21-2013, 10:00 AM
There are usually anywhere from 2-10 items of the great sales too, like TV's and computers. This will be in the fine print that nobody reads. You'll wait on line for 90 hours and the items you want will be sold out before you get in the store anyway. Just keep looking around the internet, take your time, and you'll get better deals before Christmas AND it'll be delivered to you AND you don't need to sit in lines AND you don't have to be an idiot and leave your family and nice warm home on Thanksgiving or the early morning afterwards.

Or you can celebrate the real meaning of Christmas and not worry about going crazy shopping. This year my family is going to a neighboring county to help feed the Hungry Christmas day , last year they feed 650 people , yes we will open gifts in the morning but then go help out, I thought this would be a great idea to teach the kids a better way but felt it wasn't fair to my family to do so being as the kids have always had the normal Christmas but when I asked them they where all up for it , yes that made me proud ( they did get the right message I tried to teach) We will have our big dinner and celebrate with family after Christmas day but hopefully my children will gain from the experience .Last year my buddies kid was helping feed the hungry and a young boy walked in with torn up pants and shirt and no shoes, by the time the kid left he had a full belly and left with 2 new pairs of shoes and 3 outfits to keep him warm, my buddies son is still talking about it so yes I am hoping my kids may see something like that as well.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Or you can celebrate the real meaning of Christmas and not worry about going crazy shopping. This year my family is going to a neighboring county to help feed the Hungry Christmas day , last year they feed 650 people , yes we will open gifts in the morning but then go help out, I thought this would be a great idea to teach the kids a better way but felt it wasn't fair to my family to do so being as the kids have always had the normal Christmas but when I asked them they where all up for it , yes that made me proud ( they did get the right message I tried to teach) We will have our big dinner and celebrate with family after Christmas day but hopefully my children will gain from the experience .Last year my buddies kid was helping feed the hungry and a young boy walked in with torn up pants and shirt and no shoes, by the time the kid left he had a full belly and left with 2 new pairs of shoes and 3 outfits to keep him warm, my buddies son is still talking about it so yes I am hoping my kids may see something like that as well. Simply amazing what decent people will do when made aware of a great need. -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Don't these people know Black Friday is when stores dump merchandise that are slow sellers? If you look carefully, you will notice that many Black Friday items are lacking or have an inferior version of a key feature, for example a computer with a Celeron processor.

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2013/11/21/campers-already-staking-out-black-friday-bargains/ I've never shopped on Black Friday,, never! Have known it was scam for over 40 years now. They can and do advertise a fantastic price on certain items but by law they only have to give that price on one item. --Tyr

Jeff
11-21-2013, 10:35 AM
I've never shopped on Black Friday,, never! Have known it was scam for over 40 years now. They can and do advertise a fantastic price on certain items but by law they only have to give that price on one item. --Tyr

After I had gotten Sick the wife wanted me to come off the road so I took a job at Wally world doing maintenance, it was just before the Holiday season ( that is why I got hired ) but only lasted a short bit , they had a meeting explaining how on Black Friday you where not allowed to touch anybody :laugh:( I thought this was weird heck why would I want to touch anybody ) but then the employees started talking about the previous year where other employees had gotten shoved one even had gotten punched :laugh: So needless to say I didn't work on Black Friday or there at all any longer ( no way am I going to work somewhere that makes a rule that ya can't defend yourself ) Also once on Black Friday ( it was a blue light special at K mart ) the EX wife ( who was 81/2 months pregnant )and I tried to shop ( that was the last time I went on any kind of special , in fact I very rarely do any Christmas shopping now unless it is late at night ) but these people where crazy ( and this was years ago, like 24) what finally ended all the madness was a Black woman came running down the isle with her basket ( going for a deal I guess ) and ran straight into my very pregnant wife , and then had a attitude when I mentioned her lack of being polite , so I did what had to be done and picked up her full basket and threw it :laugh: yup the Ex never asked me to go again and the present wife is just that smart :laugh:

tailfins
11-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Being a detail minded person, I saw an ugly tree. You all can apparently see an ugly forest when it comes to Black Friday.

Larrymc
11-21-2013, 12:36 PM

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2013/11/21/campers-already-staking-out-black-friday-bargains/I avoid that circus anyway possible, i haven't seen the deal that would entice me to join that bunch.

Abbey Marie
11-21-2013, 03:48 PM
It's utter stupidity. I enjoy NOT shopping on black Friday, or shopping on line from my cozy desk.

aboutime
11-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Let them do as they please. If they want to prove to all of America, what real Obama voters are made of. Let them start by camping out a week before Thanksgiving, and Black Friday.

The smart people will stay home, and watch all of the proven idiots race to get those sales...that aren't really sales, while knocking each other over, and even Fighting to take items from other Obama-like followers because "IT'S THEIR'S FIRST!"

Change Black Friday to DUMMIES DAY. It gives all of us who DO NOT SHOP on Black Friday. Something to laugh about, and enjoy.

tailfins
11-22-2013, 12:31 PM
It's utter stupidity. I enjoy NOT shopping on black Friday, or shopping on line from my cozy desk.

Watch the online deals VERY carefully. Don't forget to read the user product reviews. I bought a brand name color laser printer for $89 on a Black Friday. However, the installed toner cartridges come only half full plus it was a downgraded model with no wireless interface. If forces you to use one of the computers in your house as a print server.

aboutime
11-22-2013, 04:16 PM
There is ONE, other, very important aspect of BLACK FRIDAY sales very few people ever consider, if they even know about it. And that is. Items advertised ON SALE, are basically the same as "AS IS" when you purchase used items, like used cars, or other previously used items.

If you get a BARGAIN (fooled ya) by a lower price on BLACK FRIDAY, on most SALE items.

Most people fail to realize, or understand. There is a NO RETURN warning on SALE items as well.

TOO BAD IF THAT CHEAP PRODUCT YOU JUST SPENT BIG BUCKS ON.....is broken, or doesn't work the way you expected it to work.

But then. Who am I to tell anyone this kind of SAD, but HONEST news?