View Full Version : Hilton's parents skip line on jail visit

nevadamedic
06-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Story Highlights
• People in line to visit inmates irritated by Paris Hilton's parents
• Questions raised about special treatment for heiress
• Hilton serving up to 45 days

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/13/parishilton.ap/index.html

There is no questions about it, they are getting special treatment. They should have had to wait in damn line like everyone else.

Hagbard Celine
06-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Story Highlights
• People in line to visit inmates irritated by Paris Hilton's parents
• Questions raised about special treatment for heiress
• Hilton serving up to 45 days

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/13/parishilton.ap/index.html

There is no questions about it, they are getting special treatment. They should have had to wait in damn line like everyone else.

No. They're rich. This isn't a new phenomenon.

glockmail
06-13-2007, 12:32 PM
I agree. We should only be so lucky to be in their presence. We should be please to wash their feet and kiss their asses, if lucky enough to be asked. :popcorn:

Dilloduck
06-13-2007, 12:32 PM

Hell --it's the American way.

Yurt
06-13-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't see the big deal. The parents create a media storm (as evidenced by all the news and photos) and it is in the jails best interest to process them in out and as quickly as possible. It creates extra work for the jail officials with them there. They do have a right to visit though, but I don't want my tax dollars going to keeping them there any longer than possible.

I really don't blame the celebrity or their parents, it is us who makes them....

nevadamedic
06-13-2007, 08:28 PM
I don't see the big deal. The parents create a media storm (as evidenced by all the news and photos) and it is in the jails best interest to process them in out and as quickly as possible. It creates extra work for the jail officials with them there. They do have a right to visit though, but I don't want my tax dollars going to keeping them there any longer than possible.

I really don't blame the celebrity or their parents, it is us who makes them....

Her parents could have waited just like everyone else. They could have kept them in an interogation room or another room away from the people to wait.

Yurt
06-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Her parents could have waited just like everyone else. They could have kept them in an interogation room or another room away from the people to wait.

And that takes extra man power. Don't want to pay for it. Get them in and out, quick.

We live in a society of celebs, created by our own doing. What is the big deal if they get through a line at a jail quicker? Especially if them getter through quicker saves taxpayer dollars?

We are talking about taxpayer dollars here. "Everybody" else is a myth.

nevadamedic
06-13-2007, 09:03 PM
And that takes extra man power. Don't want to pay for it. Get them in and out, quick.

We live in a society of celebs, created by our own doing. What is the big deal if they get through a line at a jail quicker? Especially if them getter through quicker saves taxpayer dollars?

We are talking about taxpayer dollars here. "Everybody" else is a myth.

No it doesn't. You put them in a room by themselves to wait until it's their turn. Even if it costs a little more it's a matter of principle, they should not be treated any different just because they have money. People missed work and lost money to go wait in line for hours to see a loved one and just because they have money they can be in and out. They didn't have to miss work or anything like that. The only thing they missed was Mrs. Hilton watching to pool boy in his skimpy outfits.

Yurt
06-13-2007, 09:09 PM
No it doesn't. You put them in a room by themselves to wait until it's their turn. Even if it costs a little more it's a matter of principle, they should not be treated any different just because they have money. People missed work and lost money to go wait in line for hours to see a loved one and just because they have money they can be in and out. They didn't have to miss work or anything like that. The only thing they missed was Mrs. Hilton watching to pool boy in his skimpy outfits.

Principle? This is about jail house security and operations. They have the right to run the jail how they see fit. And oh yeah, the sheriff is in charge.

shattered
06-13-2007, 09:09 PM

Yurt has a point. Look how famous YOU made her just by posting half a dozen threads a week about her antics.