PDA

View Full Version : (D)'s use nuclear option and overturn 200+ years of precedent..

Arbo
11-21-2013, 01:35 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/senate-poised-to-limit-filibusters-in-party-line-vote-that-would-alter-centuries-of-precedent/2013/11/21/d065cfe8-52b6-11e3-9fe0-fd2ca728e67c_print.html

The partisan battles that have paralyzed Washington in recent years took a historic turn on Thursday, when Senate Democrats eliminated filibusters for most presidential nominations, severely curtailing the political leverage of the Republican minority in the Senate and assuring an escalation of partisan warfare.
The rule change means federal judge nominees and executive-office appointments can be confirmed by a simple majority of senators, rather than the 60-vote super majority that has been required for more than two centuries.
The change does not apply to Supreme Court nominations. But the vote, mostly along party lines, reverses nearly 225 years of precedent and dramatically alters the landscape for both Democratic and Republican presidents, especially if their own political party holds a majority of, but fewer than 60, Senate seats.

Not only a power grab by a party that is out of control, but a bad path to take. Clearly they do not understand that at some point this is the sort of thing that will come back to bite them in the ass when the other party is in power. Of course then they will cry about it, but it is their doing, 100%. And neither party needs this sort of power. There is a reason a 60 vote majority was needed for these things. But of course all these politicians don't give a crap about that balance.

Little-Acorn
11-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Why do I get the feeling the Democrats will quickly rescind this new arrangement, just after they get voted out of the majority but before the next Congress is seated?

Jeff
11-21-2013, 04:28 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/senate-poised-to-limit-filibusters-in-party-line-vote-that-would-alter-centuries-of-precedent/2013/11/21/d065cfe8-52b6-11e3-9fe0-fd2ca728e67c_print.html

Not only a power grab by a party that is out of control, but a bad path to take. Clearly they do not understand that at some point this is the sort of thing that will come back to bite them in the ass when the other party is in power. Of course then they will cry about it, but it is their doing, 100%. And neither party needs this sort of power. There is a reason a 60 vote majority was needed for these things. But of course all these politicians don't give a crap about that balance.

I was just reading on this and thought exactly like you did, it works great for now but as soon as they lose power ( which they will ) then it will be a problem, but I see Little-Acorn has answered that as well , So I guess I have nothing to add :laugh: So I guess I am just saying I agree :thumb:

aboutime
11-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Why do I get the feeling the Democrats will quickly rescind this new arrangement, just after they get voted out of the majority but before the next Congress is seated?

Little-Acorn. I don't believe the Dems will try to rescind this arrangement. Instead. They will become the OBSTRUCTIONISTS they have been blaming the Republicans about for so long.

Anyone who TRUSTS Democrats, or Obama after seeing these CHEATING, LYING, phony Jerkoffs performing for the Uneducated Americans who would follow them into a CESSPOOL if there were checks there...needs to lose their Constitutional Right to vote, or BREATH.

Kathianne
11-21-2013, 04:37 PM
I was just reading on this and thought exactly like you did, it works great for now but as soon as they lose power ( which they will ) then it will be a problem, but I see Little-Acorn has answered that as well , So I guess I have nothing to add :laugh: So I guess I am just saying I agree :thumb:

But the new congress will just re-write and pass the bill again. There is no way it will go unpunished.

Arbo
11-21-2013, 09:58 PM
He was against this move and called it un-American prior to him actually doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgTR5YkyZ3Y

Larrymc
11-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Ok im in the dark on this Nuclear Option, though i have heard of it, im not sure what it is, or how it works, Someone fell free to enlighten me.

fj1200
11-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Ok im in the dark on this Nuclear Option, though i have heard of it, im not sure what it is, or how it works, Someone fell free to enlighten me.

This may help.

Nuclear option. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nuclear+option)

:)

Larrymc
11-22-2013, 10:10 AM
This may help.

Nuclear option. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nuclear+option)

:)Yes i know how to use Google duh, just figured someone wouldn't mind elaborating.

red states rule
11-26-2013, 04:23 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/aria_c11375220131126120100.jpg

glockmail
11-26-2013, 06:45 AM
But the new congress will just re-write and pass the bill again. There is no way it will go unpunished.

Assuming that the Senate goes majority R there is no way that they will go nuke as the D's have. They lack the balls to do what Harry has done. A much as I hate the Democrat Party with every fiber of my being I have to respect them for being committed to their cause, rules and integrity be damned.

CSM
11-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Assuming that the Senate goes majority R there is no way that they will go nuke as the D's have. They lack the balls to do what Harry has done. A much as I hate the Democrat Party with every fiber of my being I have to respect them for being committed to their cause, rules and integrity be damned.

"The end justifies the means"

I expect no less from a bunch of politicians who have shown themselves to have no honor, integrity or even common decency. Hypocricy is just another tool used to achieve, retain and expand power. Moral relativism serves their purpose as well. The crop of politicians we have in place right now, regardless of party, are the finest collection of self-serving, amoral, unprincipled folks you cold gather in any one place at any one time.

aboutime
11-26-2013, 04:21 PM
For all here who have no idea what took place with Harry Reid, and the removal of Senate rules.

Constitutionally speaking. Harry and the Democrats in the Senate could have just as well removed the requirements in each of the 50 states for ANYONE to follow ANY laws, the Constitution, or any other standards of Civility.

Just wait till you see how...if the R's manage to get a Majority after the next elections... what the meaning of CUTTING OFF YOUR NOSE TO SPITE YOUR FACE...really means.

In other words. Ever wondered how it might feel to get a BROOMSTICK stuck up your butt?

Americans are about to learn...IN REAL TIME...exactly what that feels like.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-26-2013, 07:50 PM
For all here who have no idea what took place with Harry Reid, and the removal of Senate rules.

Constitutionally speaking. Harry and the Democrats in the Senate could have just as well removed the requirements in each of the 50 states for ANYONE to follow ANY laws, the Constitution, or any other standards of Civility.

Just wait till you see how...if the R's manage to get a Majority after the next elections... what the meaning of CUTTING OFF YOUR NOSE TO SPITE YOUR FACE...really means.

In other words. Ever wondered how it might feel to get a BROOMSTICK stuck up your butt?

Americans are about to learn...IN REAL TIME...exactly what that feels like. If the dems get control of the House and retain control of the Senate then its going to be lights out for America in Obama last few years. They ram every leftist America destroying idea they ever had down our throats and with no filibuster the Republicans will be 100% powerless to stop any of it. CSM is absolutely correct , never has there been a more worthless lot running our government than we have in there now. NEVER! --Tyr

aboutime
11-26-2013, 08:12 PM
If the dems get control of the House and retain control of the Senate then its going to be lights out for America in Obama last few years. They ram every leftist America destroying idea they ever had down our throats and with no filibuster the Republicans will be 100% powerless to stop any of it. CSM is absolutely correct , never has there been a more worthless lot running our government than we have in there now. NEVER! --Tyr

Tyr. I know this will be totally Politically INcorrect. But, if the Dems manage to get control of both houses of Congress......
GOD HELP US ALL! Even those who don't believe.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Tyr. I know this will be totally Politically INcorrect. But, if the Dems manage to get control of both houses of Congress......
GOD HELP US ALL! Even those who don't believe. If that happens and we do not have a civil war the nation is sunk for sure. Obama pushes and gets ready for a civil war, one that he intends to start on his own schedule IMHO!! SAD, TRAGIC, HORRIFIC BUT TRUE.. Tyr

Gaffer
11-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Why did they do it? They can now rubber stamp any appointments made by the president. Judges, cabinet members, dept heads, anything he wants. He can put people in place that cannot be removed even after he's gone, like the death panel members. This has all been carefully orchestrated and planned out. They know they will lose the house and senate next year so they are rigging the whole process with explosives to prevent the repubs from being able to do anything until they can lie their way back into power again.

aboutime
11-26-2013, 09:47 PM
If that happens and we do not have a civil war the nation is sunk for sure. Obama pushes and gets ready for a civil war, one that he intends to start on his own schedule IMHO!! SAD, TRAGIC, HORRIFIC BUT TRUE.. Tyr

Tyr. The really sad aspect of all of this crap happening is. Far too many Americans are still too uninformed, under-educated, or so easily led. They have no idea what is actually happening right before their eyes.
Much of what we are saying here will...easily be called "Sky is falling", Conspiracy Theory crap. Yet, those who will, and must identify such talk in that way. Haven't got either the courage, or the intelligence to honestly confess...such terrible actions are taking place, or can take place.

Like the uneducated who happily voted for Obama, and those who simply Love Obamacare. They are content to remain stupid, because...IT CAN'T BE FIXED. So, they enjoy it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Tyr. The really sad aspect of all of this crap happening is. Far too many Americans are still too uninformed, under-educated, or so easily led. They have no idea what is actually happening right before their eyes.
Much of what we are saying here will...easily be called "Sky is falling", Conspiracy Theory crap. Yet, those who will, and must identify such talk in that way. Haven't got either the courage, or the intelligence to honestly confess...such terrible actions are taking place, or can take place.

Like the uneducated who happily voted for Obama, and those who simply Love Obamacare. They are content to remain stupid, because...IT CAN'T BE FIXED. So, they enjoy it. Yes, the sheep graze ever so contently as the wolves surround the herd for the feast. Sad and will be horrific when all the wolves spring forth for the feast. The shepherd and his dog are already eliminated AND THE SHEEP HAVENT A DAMN CLUE ABOUT THAT REALITY IMHO!! -TYR

glockmail
11-27-2013, 06:04 AM
Why did they do it? They can now rubber stamp any appointments made by the president. Judges, cabinet members, dept heads, anything he wants. He can put people in place that cannot be removed even after he's gone, like the death panel members. This has all been carefully orchestrated and planned out. They know they will lose the house and senate next year so they are rigging the whole process with explosives to prevent the repubs from being able to do anything until they can lie their way back into power again.

All those bureaucrats can be removed by dissolving their agencies. If only the Pubs had the balls to clean house like that.

red states rule
11-27-2013, 06:44 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gv112513dAPR20131125054518.jpg