PDA

View Full Version : PB&J sandwiches are racist?

Abbey Marie
11-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Yup, the PC- speak marches ever onward. As do the findings of racism at every turn. I hope this one is fake, but I haven't seen any comments to that effect.

PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICH IS RACIST, SAYS PORTLAND SCHOOL OFFICIAL
by NATHAN HARDEN - FIX EDITOR on NOVEMBER 21, 2013

Did you know that eating or even talking about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich could be considered racist?

That’s right.

Apparently, it’s because people in some cultures don’t eat sandwich bread. Verenice Gutierrez, principal of Harvey Scott K-8 School in Portland explained in and interview with the Portland Tribune:

“Take the peanut butter sandwich, a seemingly innocent example a teacher used in a lesson last school year,” the Tribune said.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” Gutierrez asked. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

…The Tribune noted that the school started the new year with “intensive staff trainings, frequent staff meetings, classroom observations and other initiatives,” to help educators understand their own “white privilege,” in order to “change their teaching practices to boost minority students’ performance.” "Last Wednesday, the first day of the school year for staff, for example, the first item of business for teachers at Scott School was to have a Courageous Conversation — to examine a news article and discuss the ‘white privilege’ it conveys,” the Tribune added.

Gutierrez completed a week-long seminar called “Coaching for Educational Equity,” a program the Tribune says focuses “on race and how it affects life.” She also serves on an administrative committee that focuses on systematic racism.

“Our focus school and our Superintendent’s mandate that we improve education for students of color, particularly Black and Brown boys, will provide us with many opportunities to use the protocols of Courageous Conversations in data teams, team meetings, staff meetings, and conversations amongst one another,” she said in a letter to staff.

Read further: http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/15414/

aboutime
11-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Oh no! If PB & J's are racist. Imagine what OREO'S might be....5776

Abbey Marie
11-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Is everyone else ok with this, or just too disgusted to comment? :laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Is everyone else ok with this, or just too disgusted to comment? :laugh2: I am just too disgusted to comment!! Truly sickening.

aboutime
11-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Only one way to fight them Abbey.... http://icansayit.com/images/polincorrect.jpg...and BE PROUD to be!

jimnyc
11-23-2013, 08:04 AM
WTF? Perhaps my PB&J sandwich is racist, it it may be because of "white privilege"? So now some might have to even watch what they say about a benign sandwich as the identification may offend others? Wow, it wouldn't surprise me if shit like this is eventually passed around the education system and eventually our kids will have to all eat the exact same thing so as not to offend the less fortunate.

Jeff
11-23-2013, 08:08 AM
I saw this yesterday and :laugh: my butt off, I wanted to post it but figured I would get heat for doing so , what cracked me up is not long ago I caught hell for saying Obama has pushed racism back 30 years and here we have the Country growing to believe a sandwich is racist :laugh:

fj1200
11-23-2013, 08:09 AM
Is everyone else ok with this, or just too disgusted to comment? :laugh2:

The goal is admirable. That they screw it up in epic liberal fashion is unfortunate.

jimnyc
11-23-2013, 08:12 AM
The goal is admirable.

Please elaborate???? What goal do you speak of? I can understand sensitivity training and such, but over food?

fj1200
11-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Please elaborate???? What goal do you speak of? I can understand sensitivity training and such, but over food?

“Our focus school and our Superintendent’s mandate that we improve education for students of color, particularly Black and Brown boys, ..."

PB&J was an example.

jimnyc
11-23-2013, 08:31 AM
PB&J was an example.

Personally, I find calling them "black and brown boys" more offensive than I do the term peanut better & jelly! I do find the initial goal only, to "improve education" a good one, but that's where this ended. I've been to sensitivity training courses before, and agree that they can be admirable to an extent. But you're right, they screwed it up. Based on their reasoning, I can find a bunch of food in similar categories. The "Somali and Spanish" students very well may eat things that others don't. I wonder if some hummus or maybe paella would offend others?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Please elaborate???? What goal do you speak of? I can understand sensitivity training and such, but over food? You beat me to it I was going to ask just that Jim. And going to comment that the cultural change brought about by the influx of foreign immigrants and minorities have always previously been rejected or else melded into our society over time but now we have our government hurriedly forcing that acceptance by way of its agenda not our choice. This hellbent rush by the government to push the wants, desires and cultural changes benefitting the minorities over that of the traditions and cultural preferences of the majority are agenda based. That agenda by design is to weaken and destroy the might, wealth and power of this nation. Lets just take trade for example-- as we fall the rest of the world profits and profits by the trillions. That change eventually effects our military too. And that is another goal they have . As our power weakens in the world other nation's powers strengthen! The globalists are behind vast majority of this and do work to advance the One World Government agenda. Advancing special treatment of minorities weakens the foundation of this nation in many ways not the least of which is it causing great divisiveness and chaos. They have seen the fruits of this dividing by getting in their destroyer(Obama) not once but twice. Think they'll ever abandon a successful strategy like that? We are being warred upon and 99.9% have not the slightest clue its happening or that its our own corrupted government leading the way on that. Cultural diversity advanced by libs/leftists/dems as an agenda leads to PB and J being termed to be racist. Insane= yes but just a part of the big agenda. We whites that have raped the world must be destroyed--that's the thinking. -Tyr

Trigg
11-23-2013, 11:22 AM
What's disturbing here isn't the pb&j it's the mindset with some of these people regarding "white privilege".

Basically ALL white people are racist and EVERYONE else is a victim because of us. NO one else can be racist, just us white folks.

stevecanuck
11-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I mentioned haggis once, but I think I got away with it.

Gaffer
11-23-2013, 11:52 AM
I see a bunch of twits are running this program trying to make everything racist. I would like to give all of them sensitivity training. How sensitive are they to light? Heat? Cold? Hunger? Loud noise? Pain? I'm a sensitive kinda guy. No PB&J sandwiches here, you get bologna and like it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-23-2013, 03:23 PM
I see a bunch of twits are running this program trying to make everything racist. I would like to give all of them sensitivity training. How sensitive are they to light? Heat? Cold? Hunger? Loud noise? Pain? I'm a sensitive kinda guy. No PB&J sandwiches here, you get bologna and like it.
When I was a kid, a poor boy being raised on a farm working my butt off bologna sandwiches were a big treat! A treat we rarely got. Does anybody think any of these minorities being given all these special considerations are busting their asses to consider any white people's feelings? As whites are all being treated as if they were ALL born with a silver spoon in their mouth? Most of us were not born wealthy and got what we have or had by way of extremely hard work. When government attempting to give special status to minorities starts taking even more of the little I HAVE LEFT AFTER TAXES IT STARTS WALKING ON THE DAMN FIGHTING SIDE OF ME. I've ffing had enough of it myself. When the shat flies and push goes way past shove I reckon I can pay back like nobody's damn business. In fact , just this last week starting praying for the "reckoning' to hurry up and get here. When formerly I prayed for just the opposite. A man or a dog can stand for being kicked just so long until it decides it is time to kick or bite back. This nation was formed because of unfair taxation and it may end up in another civil war because of just that. If that happens God have mercy of the liars, asshats and scum that brought us to the state because I will not have any at all for any of them. That is a damn promise and I know who a damn lot of them are! Some of we patriots are keeping a damn list. Maybe the ffing cowards should consider that. When I start I don't play.. 1776 the patriots started and by God they too weren't playing!!!! -Tyr

aboutime
11-23-2013, 07:49 PM
What's disturbing here isn't the pb&j it's the mindset with some of these people regarding "white privilege".

Basically ALL white people are racist and EVERYONE else is a victim because of us. NO one else can be racist, just us white folks.

Trigg. Over the years, since the Obummer was elected. I've come to accept, and feel kinda happy about being called a Racist.
It tells me, and should tell everyone else. Because we are not members of the Black race. We are instantly identified by the IGNORANT, and Outright STUPID who must always use that accusation to STIFLE, and CEASE all discussion, or conversations that may occur about race...in any form.

Being prevented from talking about Race, and being accused of being a Racist; to me. Merely provides all the factual information I need to IDENTIFY the Actual Racists who hide behind the accusations as a means of PROLIFERATING, and PROLONGING their Racist Cries of accusing Millions of WHITE PEOPLE for all of the Injustice of Slavery, and Discrimination....THEY DO NOT WANT TO EVER END...or they will be exposed as the TRUE RACISTS THEY ACTUALLY ARE.