PDA

View Full Version : The fine gentlemanly sport of cricket

gabosaurus
11-23-2013, 12:56 AM
The event that turns Englishmen and Aussies into nations of raving loonies is under way once more. The first (of five) Ashes tests is being played in Brisbane.
You think baseball is slow? It can take up to five days to complete a cricket test match! One player can bat for several hours at a time.
I enjoy it because it moves very slowly. You can take a nap and not miss anything.

Right now, the Poms are taking a dreadful spanking. Which I am sure is delighting my good friend in Melbourne. She has our tickets for the first two days of the Boxing Day Test in hand and waiting for our arrival.
My husband thinks we are crazy. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
11-23-2013, 06:21 AM
It must be an acquired taste. I cannot even sit still for baseball. ;)

jimnyc
11-23-2013, 08:18 AM
The event that turns Englishmen and Aussies into nations of raving loonies is under way once more. The first (of five) Ashes tests is being played in Brisbane.
You think baseball is slow? It can take up to five days to complete a cricket test match! One player can bat for several hours at a time.
I enjoy it because it moves very slowly. You can take a nap and not miss anything.

Right now, the Poms are taking a dreadful spanking. Which I am sure is delighting my good friend in Melbourne. She has our tickets for the first two days of the Boxing Day Test in hand and waiting for our arrival.
My husband thinks we are crazy. :laugh:

I tried watching it a few times and just can't get into it. Outside of the sports here in the US, really the only thing I can watch is Rugby. I would say soccer too, but we have that here, but I prefer to watch the English leagues and maybe the Italian, and of course the World Cup.