PDA

View Full Version : "Peace in our time": Nuclear agreement with Iran?

Little-Acorn
11-23-2013, 10:21 PM
This would be a great thing... if we could put any faith in it.

On par with England reaching a peace agreement with Hitler in 1938.

But... remember how that one actually turned out?

One difference: Hitler didn't have nukes.

I'm not hearing the least skepticism on the news as I type this.

I expect that to change VERY soon.

When I hear the following:

U.S. and other countries have sent inspectors into every plant associated with Iran's nuclear effot, and all of them report that they witnessed Iran's nuclear processing plants being shut down, the machinery removed, and ALL of Iran's nuclear capability being reduced to the levels demanded by the major world powers. Iran is now fully in compliance with the major powers' requirements.

Furthermore, Iran has fully agreed that the inspectors will stay in place, with complete ability to videotape, film, capture, and othewise record and broadcast everything going on in ALL plants at any time they want, with no interference.

When I hear that on all major news channels, THEN it will be "news".

Until then, it's just the "civilized" world falling for another middle Eastern lie. Hardly news at all.

--------------------------------------------------

Iran, six world powers clinch breakthrough nuclear deal (http://news.yahoo.com/iran-nuclear-deal-reached-geneva-021222943.html)

Iran, six world powers clinch breakthrough nuclear deal

By Parisa Hafezi and Justyna Pawlak12 minutes ago

GENEVA (Reuters) - Iran and six world powers reached a breakthrough agreement early on Sunday to curb Tehran's nuclear program in exchange for limited sanctions relief, in a first step towards resolving a dangerous decade-old standoff.

The deal between the Islamic state and the United States, France, Germany, Britain, China and Russia was nailed down after more than four days of negotiations.

"We have reached an agreement," Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif announced on his Twitter feed. French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius also confirmed the deal.

Iran will get access to $4.2 billion in foreign exchange as part of the accord, a Western diplomat said. No other details of the agreement were immediately available.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and foreign ministers of the five other world powers joined the negotiations with Iran early on Saturday as the two sides appeared to be edging closer to a long-sought preliminary agreement.

Little-Acorn
11-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Now I am starting to hear a little bit of skepticism on the "news" channels.

As Candy Crowley on CNN just said, this agreement isn't worth the paper it's printed on unless Iran actually starts dismantling its centrifuges and other machinery.

I would add that they must do that... AND allow inspectors from the major countries involved, free access to ALL areas of Iran where such research and development can be done, for YEARS.

If Iran actually does that (not just promises to do that), then it will the first indication that they are actually serious about reducing their capability to develop a nuclear bomb.

OTOH, if Iran does NOT do that, then that tells us all we need to know about how "serioous" they are: namely, they aren't serious about it at all.

So far we have no reason to believe they will keep their word.

I hope subsequent events over the next months and years, changes that.

Little-Acorn
11-24-2013, 02:27 AM
One possible result of this "agreement":

1.) Israel says, "If you think Iran is going to stop just because they promised they would, we don't. We believe they will go right on developing a bomb while your diplomats and their Islamic fanatics play nicey-nice in the negotiation rooms, until they have one ready. We also believe that, while none of you deal-makers are on their target list, we ARE, so we're not going to wait for you to find out you've been had. Once they have their bomb almost ready, we will attack them and destroy their program, before they have a chance to finish what Hitler started. Sorry if you don't like it, but we feel we don't have much choice."

2.) United States says, "Hey, we are one of the ones who negotiated this deal. If you go outside it, you'll ruin what we've done. So, if you attack them like that, we'll have to withdraw all our support, you're on your own."

....just like Iran wants.

Naw, Iran would never manipulate us into doing anything like that.

Would they?

aboutime
11-24-2013, 08:32 AM
If anyone Honestly believes what IRAN claims, and is fooled into believing the word "PEACE" fits anywhere in this Phony, Appeasement, Agreement.
Go back and do your own research on HOW MANY TIMES Iran has actually followed, or kept any agreements since 1979.

When you find any. Use it to buy yourself a cup of coffee. Because that's about all it's worth.

jimnyc
11-25-2013, 07:17 PM
IMO, this will be like a Saddam part 2. I'll believe this over time when they allow unfettered inspections and come to further agreements with the international community. Until such time, I think they are just trying to delay things and have as many sanctions lifted as possible.

red states rule
11-26-2013, 03:35 AM
This is another example showing why Obama is NOT respected, feared, or taken seriously by our enemies

Iran was rewarded for lying, cheating, and flipping off the US. However Israel will probably have to step in and do what is needed to solve the problem

Obama then will either try to take credit for solving the problem or will bash Israel for wanting to survive without nukes pointed at its throat

red states rule
11-26-2013, 04:22 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/holb_c11378620131126120100.jpg

aboutime
11-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Is there any member of DP who now...doesn't see, or understand how the rest of the World just laughs at Obama?

Anyone who is convinced the DEAL made by Kerry/Obama with Iran will lead to PEACE, should pull their head out of their ass.
My apologies to everyone who insists Obama, and Kerry are great people.

Having the last piece of toilet paper in your hand....qualifies as being GREAT.

revelarts
11-26-2013, 04:32 PM
IMO, this will be like a Saddam part 2. I'll believe this over time when they allow unfettered inspections and come to further agreements with the international community. Until such time, I think they are just trying to delay things and have as many sanctions lifted as possible.

Saddam part 2, where they still haven't found the dreaded WMDs?!!
an we make the country WORSE in nearly every way after attacking them.
great

aboutime
11-26-2013, 04:56 PM
great

rev. Please take your MENTAL meds.

revelarts
11-26-2013, 05:08 PM
this Iran as Nazi Germany talk is reeeaally an ugly stretch too.

Hilter had already taken the Rhineland back and taken Austria with the Anschluss, then the Munich agreement gave him parts of Czechoslovakia betraying the Czechs.

What countries has Iran taken? what land has it invaded? (go back and look at the details of my rebuts to the old hezbolah issue no attacks in a long time and NOT a real threat to Israel and barely holding onto power in Lebanon.)

the Comparison to Hilter is WAY overblown. Germany had been n horrible wars Europe several times in the previous 100 years up to the Nazis.
What has Iran done by comparison on that front that would give any honest person the same impression of them?

this is more HYPE. Iran is no choir boy but it aint Hitler or Stalin or going to kill us all even IF they did get 1 or 10 nukes. (even though some seem to KNOW what they will do, just like some cops KNOW whos a criminal just by looking.)

But it'd be suicide and if they really wanted to commit suicide just because they're crazy Muslims they could attack Israel NOW.

AND anyway the IAEA and the all the US spy services have agreed that they have not gone outside of their nuke agreements so far , so what's the beef?
W. Bush even said as much, but to all the warlovin D&R pundits and the neo-cons the facts don't count,
"those Iranians is up to no good I tell ya! Is ya blind or sumtin? shoot um while ya kan..."

jimnyc
11-26-2013, 05:29 PM
great

All you had to do was ask me to elaborate before acting like an ass! :)

We did find WMD's in reference to what I was talking about, which was for years leading up to the war. During the time I am speaking of is when sporadic inspections were allowed and a fair amount of the WMD's destroyed. But my "Saddam part 2" reference was to the over and over and over lies he made in the 90's in order to have sanctions lifted, only to go back on what he promised over and over. My reference was to the promises and such that were made, and resolutions he agreed to. I was merely stating that I see this as a repeat, where they'll make an agreement, but continue right on with business as usual, until they can get back to the negotiating table again, and repeat that process. We'll see how sincere they are, and how they differ from the path taken in Iraq, when future inspections happen and whether they go forward as they have agreed to.

revelarts
11-26-2013, 06:07 PM
All you had to do was ask me to elaborate before acting like an ass! :)

We did find WMD's in reference to what I was talking about, which was for years leading up to the war. During the time I am speaking of is when sporadic inspections were allowed and a fair amount of the WMD's destroyed. But my "Saddam part 2" reference was to the over and over and over lies he made in the 90's in order to have sanctions lifted, only to go back on what he promised over and over. My reference was to the promises and such that were made, and resolutions he agreed to. I was merely stating that I see this as a repeat, where they'll make an agreement, but continue right on with business as usual, until they can get back to the negotiating table again, and repeat that process. We'll see how sincere they are, and how they differ from the path taken in Iraq, when future inspections happen and whether they go forward as they have agreed to.

ooohhh that part where we put sanction on them and inspected and could have inspected further to see if all of the things were gone that we thought might be there, but weren't, but we invaded instead, I seeee:poke:.

But Jim as i mentioned Iran has not been caught breaking the agreements, they are basically just doing what they are allowed to do like other countries under the current nuke treaties. W Bush said so. and 20 years of complaints of a nuclear Iran haven't made Iran into Saddam.
the inspectors HAVE been everywhere and have Checked and Iran is in compliance but we've got sanction on them anyway. They are being treated AS IF they've done something when they really haven't. Saddam did have things that he was suppose to be trashing, Iran doesn't have anything we know of, it's suspected of making new stuff, so the comparison doesn't really fly with that take either.
But I'm waiting for Kerry or McCain to say they have "proof" from a Iranian defector of mobile nuke facilities and antraks.

"..fool me once ...er eba... you won't fool me again."

hjmick
11-26-2013, 06:09 PM
How can anyone believe anything the administration says?

Iran: White House Lying About Details of Nuke Deal

Iranian officials say White House fact sheet is ‘invalid’ (http://freebeacon.com/iran-white-house-lying-about-details-of-nuke-deal/)

Seriously, who are we supposed to believe? The Iranians? The Obama administration? You can't trust one because they have consistently worked to shield the world, their citizens especially, from their machinations through lies and threats, and the other one is the Iranians...

Drummond
11-26-2013, 08:29 PM
great

How do you know that some haven't already been located in Syria ... and their origin just not recognised ?

Drummond
11-26-2013, 08:34 PM
ooohhh that part where we put sanction on them and inspected and could have inspected further to see if all of the things were gone that we thought might be there, but weren't, but we invaded instead, I seeee:poke:.

But Jim as i mentioned Iran has not been caught breaking the agreements, they are basically just doing what they are allowed to do like other countries under the current nuke treaties. W Bush said so. and 20 years of complaints of a nuclear Iran haven't made Iran into Saddam.
the inspectors HAVE been everywhere and have Checked and Iran is in compliance but we've got sanction on them anyway. They are being treated AS IF they've done something when they really haven't. Saddam did have things that he was suppose to be trashing, Iran doesn't have anything we know of, it's suspected of making new stuff, so the comparison doesn't really fly with that take either.
But I'm waiting for Kerry or McCain to say they have "proof" from a Iranian defector of mobile nuke facilities and antraks.

"..fool me once ...er eba... you won't fool me again."

You have a short memory ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/6235516/Discovering-Irans-secret-nuclear-plant-has-wiped-off-Mahmoud-Ahmadinejads-smile.html

Until the Obama administration dropped the bombshell that it knew what the Iranian regime was up to, Mr Ahmadinejad had been enjoying himself, provoking mass walkouts from the United Nations General Assembly in New York after his claims the Holocaust was a myth.

He had even managed to persuade some of the more gullible delegates that Iran would take a constructive approach to this week's scheduled talks over the future of its nuclear programme, which are due to take place in New York on Thursday.

Holding court at his hotel, Mr Ahmadinejad said he was looking forward to "free and open" discussions during this week's meeting with six world powers on Iran's nuclear programme.

But by Friday, Mr Ahmadinejad's composure looked shaken when he appeared at a news conference shortly after President Barack Obama had disclosed that Iran had been developing a second uranium enrichment facility near the holy city of Qom without bothering to inform the UN's International Atomic Energy Agency what it was up to.

Given Iran's previous track record of concealing vital details of its nuclear programme from the UN, the disclosure that Iran had been forced to admit it had embarked on another undeclared nuclear site has severely damaged Mr Ahmadinejad's credibility at a crucial moment in the international stand-off over Iran's nuclear ambitions

What they can try once, why not try again ?

How come Iran is suddenly considered to be so much more trustworthy than before ? Is it because Ahmadinejad is no longer on the scene .. the removal of that ONE character, suddenly makes everybody else trustworthy ?

Gaffer
11-26-2013, 09:17 PM
It's always fun to watch rev get flustered. His normally bad spelling and punctuation goes off the chart.

rev, why do you think hezbo has not been attacking Israel lately? It's because they are busy fighting the AQ forces in syria. If it wasn't for hezbo and iran assad would have fallen a long time ago. They have not directly invaded their neighbors. They insert forces to manipulate the govts of those countries and take control. A little trick they learned from the soviets.

Our current govt officials think the way you do, that iran can be trusted and there's nothing to worry about.

History repeats itself, just not exactly as it happened before. We have an appeasement policy being put into effect that will eventually lead to war. The smiley faced iranian prez was the operations officer of the group that bombed the Marine barracks in Beirut. He's not a nice guy.

The Israelis are in talks with the sauds about using a saud air base to attack iran. The sauds, turkey and egypt are looking at acquiring nukes if iran gets them. iran controls iraq and most of syria, along with a portion of lebanon. All the dominoes are falling into place. But don't worry about a thing cause iran won't do anything, after all they haven't attacked any of their neighbors.

aboutime
11-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Anyone happen to remember HISTORY?

A good reminder of the past, repeating itself seems to be operating from the grave again.

In the form of http://icansayit.com/images/ARAFAT.JPG this Obama WANNABE, Nobel Prize Winner.
For those who fail to remember History. Compare the man shown above with
present day Assad. Throw in an Obama idiot, with Iran stirring the stew,
and you get. Another 444 days of Blackmail, and Extortion from Iran.

red states rule
11-27-2013, 06:33 AM
http://beforeitsnews.com/mediadrop/uploads/2013/48/f7a6a1785d57462bc3c10ccb216343d350e19d52.jpg

red states rule
11-28-2013, 04:15 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/sbr112813dAPR20131127034514.jpg

red states rule
11-30-2013, 01:57 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/holb_c11387120131129120100.jpg

red states rule
12-09-2013, 03:25 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/holb_c11402020131206120100.jpg