PDA

View Full Version : Obama bio read by fourth-graders suggests whites are racist, details president's past

Jeff
11-25-2013, 08:40 AM
And there is a question of whether this guy is pushing racism ? I understand what they are saying ( there where many white voters that just where not going to vote for a black man ) but this leads the kids to think of whites being racist ( many at the fourth grade level are going to see it as whites are racist period ) As for the drug use I don't think a child that young needs to know our President did illegal drugs , after all many at that age are still being told " you can do anything ya want in life , you could even become president one day "

A biography of President Obama being studied by at least one fourth-grade class has received criticism for glossing over negative aspects of the president, painting white voters as likely racists and highlighting the commander-in-chief’s early identity struggles by focusing on his teenage drug use.
The book, “Barack Obama,” was published by Lerner Publishing in 2010 as part of their series “History Maker Bios.” All presidents going back to Richard Nixon -- except George W. Bush -- were the subjects of similar biographies published by Lerner, which did not respond to questions from FoxNews.com.
Critics also say the new Obama book is biased, pointing to a passage that reads, “but some people said Americans weren’t ready for that much change. Sure Barack was a nice fellow, they said. But white voters would never vote for a black president.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/22/obama-bio-read-by-fourth-graders-suggests-whites-are-racist-details-president/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-25-2013, 01:03 PM
And there is a question of whether this guy is pushing racism ? I understand what they are saying ( there where many white voters that just where not going to vote for a black man ) but this leads the kids to think of whites being racist ( many at the fourth grade level are going to see it as whites are racist period ) As for the drug use I don't think a child that young needs to know our President did illegal drugs , after all many at that age are still being told " you can do anything ya want in life , you could even become president one day "

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/22/obama-bio-read-by-fourth-graders-suggests-whites-are-racist-details-president/ Its about the messiah, what do you expect? The TRUTH!!! ??? A COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE THEY CARE TO REVEAL THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SOB..-Tyr

jimnyc
11-25-2013, 07:08 PM
I wonder if it's ever taught about black folks being racist? Like Trigg said in another thread, why always the whites? Even though the black community makes up less than 15% of the nation, they make up for such a huge amount of crimes, violent crimes, and SO many of them being black on white crime. Bring up factual statistics and prove that, percentage wise speaking, they are responsible for MUCH more crime and MUCH more black on white, than white on black - bring it up and you're a racist. So either accept whites being labeled as racists, or show how things work both ways and be double the racist.