PDA

View Full Version : Piece of garbage lies about anti-gay receipt

jimnyc
11-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Even when I was reading about this I felt bad for her, and was shocked that someone would actually write this on a receipt, knowing that it can be tracked by the store. It's one thing to be against something, and another to go out of your way at a restaurant to just be nasty to someone, and someone that waited on you in a position that generally gets a tip.

She had posted a copy of the receipt online showing that the customer refused to tip her because they didn't agree with her lifestyle. It went viral and she even received donations as a result.

Now the customer in question is calling BS on her story and even produced their copy of the receipt, showing that they never wrote that, and even gave a 20% tip on the bill.

Of course this degenerate still stands by her story and claim she never got a tip - even though the customers COPY shows it on the receipt, and their copy shows that they never wrote anything. Why in the world would someone else alter this after the fact? She's been busted. And I find it sickening when someone takes advantage of not only an innocent customer, but then the public as well.

Bridgewater waitress anti-gay receipt a hoax, customer says

BRIDGEWATER – The customers whose bill sparked thousands of dollars of donations to a gay waitress claim the receipt was doctored, and they would "never leave a note like that," according to a report on NBC 4 New York.

Dayna Morales, the former Marine and a server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater who claimed she had been denied a tip and handed an anti-gay remark instead, and would donate replacement tips from supporters to the Wounded Warrior Project, has been accused by the family of doctoring the receipt, the report said.

The family, who asked to remain anonymous, showed a copy of the receipt for the same amount printed at the same moment, matching a Visa bill apparently showing the $93.55 total plus an $18 tip, totaling $111.55, the report said.

Morales said she was certain she received no tip and that the handwriting was not hers, standing by her story, the report said. The restaurant's owner and manager said they had the original check but could not explain why the family was charged a higher amount, and later said in a statement that they would have no comment pending an internal investigation, the report said.

BRIDGEWATER – The customers whose bill sparked thousands of dollars of donations to a gay waitress claim the receipt was doctored, and they would "never leave a note like that," according to a report on NBC 4 New York.

Dayna Morales, the former Marine and a server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater who claimed she had been denied a tip and handed an anti-gay remark instead, and would donate replacement tips from supporters to the Wounded Warrior Project, has been accused by the family of doctoring the receipt, the report said.

The family, who asked to remain anonymous, showed a copy of the receipt for the same amount printed at the same moment, matching a Visa bill apparently showing the $93.55 total plus an $18 tip, totaling $111.55, the report said.

Morales said she was certain she received no tip and that the handwriting was not hers, standing by her story, the report said. The restaurant's owner and manager said they had the original check but could not explain why the family was charged a higher amount, and later said in a statement that they would have no comment pending an internal investigation, the report said.

<script type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8" src="http://www.nbcnewyork.com/portableplayer/?cmsID=233409781&videoID=L3YTB4bVUNES&origin=nbcnewyork.com&sec=TK&subsec=TK&width=600&height=360"></script><iframe src="http://www.nbcnewyork.com/templates/nbc_partner_player?cmsID=233409781&videoID=L3YTB4bVUNES&origin=nbcnewyork.com&sec=TK&subsec=TK&width=600&height=360&turl=null&ourl=null&lp=1" style="border: medium none;" height="360" scrolling="no" width="600"></iframe>

http://www.nj.com/somerset/index.ssf/2013/11/bridgewater_waitress_anti-gay_receipt_a_hoax_customer_says.html#incart_m-rpt-1

CSM
11-26-2013, 11:51 AM
I at first thought that the customer receipt was the one doctored UNTIL the full amount of $111 showed up on the credit card bill. That, to me, says the customer was not what they were made out to be at all. Somebody is lying but it isn't the customer.

jimnyc
11-26-2013, 11:58 AM
I at first thought that the customer receipt was the one doctored UNTIL the full amount of $111 showed up on the credit card bill. That, to me, says the customer was not what they were made out to be at all. Somebody is lying but it isn't the customer.

Methinks someone just wanted their 15 minutes of fame and figured they could drum up sympathy fame.

She obviously "saw" this receipt when they paid their bill. It's not like a waitress would be going to look at a receipt some day down the line. But we know in reality that this message was not there the moment this customer left. I find it hard to believe that this could have played out any other way than her writing it on their herself. I hope this "internal investigation" proves that and I hope they make this clear to the community once they get to the bottom of this.

This place is right down the road from one of my first jobs in the IT field, and we ate their quite often. Doubtful she was there though as this was like 1990-1992. :)

jimnyc
11-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Link added here and in the OP as I had forgot originally...

http://www.nj.com/somerset/index.ssf/2013/11/bridgewater_waitress_anti-gay_receipt_a_hoax_customer_says.html#incart_m-rpt-1

glockmail
11-26-2013, 07:22 PM
What a fucking liar. I can see it in her face.

Larrymc
11-26-2013, 09:09 PM
I at first thought that the customer receipt was the one doctored UNTIL the full amount of $111 showed up on the credit card bill. That, to me, says the customer was not what they were made out to be at all. Somebody is lying but it isn't the customer.Im thinking the same thing, but they should be able to determine also if the tip showed up on her check? and if there was a third receipt printed.

red states rule
11-27-2013, 03:36 AM
You guys are missing the point. In the eyes of the liberal media and gay rights advocates - this COULD have happened

This has probably happened at other establishments

Gay waiters and waitresses probably have been discriminated against

So this is a teachable moment

It is time to confront the rabid homophobia sweeping the country and we should thank Ms Morales for brining this to our attention. That is how they view the story

Me - she has been busted and only people who see America as a gay hating nation bought her BS story

As for the people who sent her money who believed her story - remember that quote about a fool and his/her money