PDA

View Full Version : Another ObamaCare “success” story turns sour

red states rule
11-27-2013, 04:10 AM
Obama is the kiss of death. Seems when ever he talks up a business - it goes broke. If he holds up an individual as a success story for his polices - that person is cursed

Talk about the reverse Midas touch

However I do like the fact another Obama supporter who bought the BS he was selling - now has to deal with the end results of his policies

Nancy Clark was originally a booster of ObamaCare — so much so that the White House featured her in an April 2012 ad that still remains on the White House website today (http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/04/11/nancy-care-making-insurance-more-affordable-small-businesses). “My personal philosophy is that health care is a right and that it should always be affordable,” Clark tells viewers in this campaign spot. “[A]s a very small business owner,” Clark continues in her enthusiastic endorsement of ObamaCare, “I will always offer the mechanism by which people can have access to health care.”

Nancy Clark had high hopes when the federal insurance marketplace opened for business Oct. 1. A member of the NH Health Exchange Advisory Board and a strong supporter of the Affordable Care Act, Clark owns Glen Group, a small advertising agency in North Conway. She’s always offered health insurance to employees and their families, even as premiums increased by double digits every year.

“We’ve turned down the heat, the lights,” she says. “But we never, ever took health care off the table.

Until now.

When Anthem told Clark premiums for her eight employees would go up 39 percent in 2014, she checked out the plans available through the Small Business Health Options Program, where companies with fewer than 50 employees can shop for group coverage. Those plans were less expensive, but would still increase Clark’s premiums by 14 percent.

Clark then compared the price of individual policies available at Healthcare.gov to what she currently offers. She figured she could save 13 percent, or about $15,000, by discontinuing her group plan. She told her employees to pick a policy offered on the marketplace, and she’ll increase their pay to cover half the cost of the premiums.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/11/26/uh-oh-another-obamacare-success-story-turns-sour-for-white-house/