PDA

View Full Version : Please test for me

jimnyc
11-29-2013, 05:03 PM
This is in reference to the other thread, about the board running slowly. I'm trying to troubleshoot but this whole thing happens so sporadically that it's difficult to gather the problems up.

FOR ME - It just happens whenever. 7 pages or so will load quickly, then I click on a link and it'll take 20-30 seconds to load. Then it will work again, then the slow load. Repeat, repeat, repeat...

So as a test - please click on the image below. Once it loads fully, you can click F5 on your computer and it will refresh the image and load it again (f5 is mandatory instead of using your refresh button, as F5 will do a full refresh). Anyway, reload it with F5 5-10 times, maybe more if you like, and see if it loads the image consistently. For me it loads instantly, and will do so 3-4 times, and then it will take forever to load it, then load quickly again, then a slow one. I'm curious if this happens to others or if it's just me!

The image

http://www.debatepolicy.com/111.jpg

aboutime
11-29-2013, 06:08 PM
This is in reference to the other thread, about the board running slowly. I'm trying to troubleshoot but this whole thing happens so sporadically that it's difficult to gather the problems up.

FOR ME - It just happens whenever. 7 pages or so will load quickly, then I click on a link and it'll take 20-30 seconds to load. Then it will work again, then the slow load. Repeat, repeat, repeat...

So as a test - please click on the image below. Once it loads fully, you can click F5 on your computer and it will refresh the image and load it again (f5 is mandatory instead of using your refresh button, as F5 will do a full refresh). Anyway, reload it with F5 5-10 times, maybe more if you like, and see if it loads the image consistently. For me it loads instantly, and will do so 3-4 times, and then it will take forever to load it, then load quickly again, then a slow one. I'm curious if this happens to others or if it's just me!

The image

http://www.debatepolicy.com/111.jpg

Jim. Did exactly as you asked with f5. At first, it was slow...about 8 seconds. Then quicker after that, and finally, after about 8 times...very slow.
No idea what is taking place, but it may just be due to large numbers of people trying access to the same server locations...which can be anywhere depending on the load.

Gaffer
11-29-2013, 11:14 PM
The picture unrolled at various speeds. About the 7th time it was slow a few seconds. The 8th and 9th time still slow. The 10th time a little faster. Had to use F5 to get this reply screen up as well, but that's an everyday occurrence.