PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday: A Shameful Orgy Of Materialism For A Morally Bankrupt Nation

Jeff
11-30-2013, 08:27 AM
This really makes me laugh, one day after giving thanks we go out and fight like savages so we can buy something that a couple months after Christmas will be forgotten ( many anyway ) and now they are making it even bigger by opening on Thanksgiving :eek:

It has been called "America's most disturbing holiday". Black Friday is the day when millions of average Americans wait outside retail stores in the middle of the night in the freezing cold to spend more money that they do not have for more cheap Chinese-made products that they do not need. It is a day when the rest of the world makes fun of Americans for behaving like "rabid animals" and "zombies" as we indulge in a tsunami of greed. It truly is a shameful orgy of materialism for a morally bankrupt nation. It is being projected that approximately 140 million Americans (http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304017204579227682949866114) will participate in this disgusting national ritual this year. Sadly, most of them have absolutely no idea that they are actively participating in the destruction of the economic infrastructure of the United States. If you don't understand why this is true, please be sure to read this entire article all the way to the end.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/black-friday-a-shameful-orgy-of-materialism-for-a-morally-bankrupt-nation

tailfins
11-30-2013, 08:36 AM
It's stupid before you even get to disgusting. The truly smart shopper gives a gift card with a helpful note to enjoy the JANUARY sales.

red states rule
11-30-2013, 08:38 AM
Black Friday

When people trample, fight, assault, and damn near kill each other for crap on sale a few hours after giving thanks for stuff they already have

Go figure

Jeff
11-30-2013, 08:42 AM
This is going to the extreme .

Political Prankster Mark Dice dresses up as Santa to “shame” shoppers lined up outside retailers Thursday night November 28th 2013, yelling at them with a bullhorn for destroying the tradition of the holiday. Do you agree with his assertions or is Black Friday shopping just as much a holiday tradition as eating turkey?

http://conservativevideos.com/2013/11/man-uses-megaphone-shout-insults-black-friday-shoppers-destroying-thanksgiving/

red states rule
11-30-2013, 08:43 AM
This is going to the extreme .

http://conservativevideos.com/2013/11/man-uses-megaphone-shout-insults-black-friday-shoppers-destroying-thanksgiving/

http://aparentinsilverspring.com/wp-content/uploads/black-friday-football-shopping-thanksgiving-ecards-someecards.png

fj1200
11-30-2013, 02:14 PM
This really makes me laugh, one day after giving thanks we go out and fight like savages so we can buy something that a couple months after Christmas will be forgotten ( many anyway ) and now they are making it even bigger by opening on Thanksgiving :eek:

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/black-friday-a-shameful-orgy-of-materialism-for-a-morally-bankrupt-nation

Now that the Chinese have stolen tens of thousands of our businesses, millions of our jobs and trillions of our dollars, perhaps they feel that there is not much more looting to be done. Our economic infrastructure has been essentially gutted at this point. Moving forward, China can afford to let the value of the U.S. dollar fall and the value of their own currency rise because even Barack Obama admits that "those jobs are never coming back".

Oh brother. Show of hands, who expected some rosy news from the Economic Collapse Blog? :rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
11-30-2013, 02:30 PM
The real story here I think is that those door-busters that make people crazy are often bought for themselves anyway.

Little-Acorn
11-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Has anybody mentioned that most people do NOT go to "Black Friday" sales?

And has anybody mentioned that, of the people who do go, the vast majority are well behaved, orderly, and calm?

And that the media has to search like crazy to find even a few (relatively speaking) who get nutty as you describe?

In other words, have you realized yet, that you are making a mountain out of a very small mole hill, and that you should really get a hobby if this is how you spend your time (complaining about Black Friday sales)?

DragonStryk72
11-30-2013, 07:15 PM

And has anybody mentioned that, of the people who do go, the vast majority are well behaved, orderly, and calm?

And that the media has to search like crazy to find even a few (relatively speaking) who get nutty as you describe?

In other words, have you realized yet, that you are making a mountain out of a very small mole hill, and that you should really get a hobby if this is how you spend your time (complaining about Black Friday sales)?

I used to work retail during Black Friday, and it was never that bad anywhere I worked, so I have no issue with black friday shopping. My problem is with the new bit of opening at 6pm on Thanksgiving day. That's cutting into time with my family that shouldn't be up for grabs by the company.

red states rule
12-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Just saw a report on TV that Black Friday sales were up, however when they figure in the numbers from Thanksgiving (many stores were not open on Thanksgiving last year) sales were down

Looks like the Obama economic recovery it taking its toll on holiday sales

Jeff
12-01-2013, 08:07 AM
LA I agree with most of what you said but even though most don't go the stores are slammed just the same.
As for people being behaved, I worked at Walmart ( maintenance ) a few years back ( I had gotten sick and the wife wanted me to come off the road ) and we had a meeting the week of Black Friday , seems we where being warned not to put our hands on any of the customers :laugh: I thought this was odd so I asked what the deal was and they told me the previous year one employee was punched and 2 where knocked down, so they were just warning us not to protect ourselves :laugh: The only time I actually was in a store on Black Friday to shop was years ago with my then pregnant X ( she had my son on December 19th so yes she was very pregnant ) but they came on the loud speaker to announce a super blue light sale and sure enough here comes a rather large black woman running with a full basket and ran right into the X ( I guess those gifts where that important) So you may be 100% correct but the only experiences I had where negative, and furthermore the part I don't like is the greed people have to open on Thanksgiving or just to be waiting in line for a couple hours the day after giving thanks ( nothing wrong about that it just doesn't fit )
Very well may be true , but they find them.
In other words, have you realized yet, that you are making a mountain out of a very small mole hill, and that you should really get a hobby if this is how you spend your time (complaining about Black Friday sales)? Personally I would say the person that has nothing better to do than looking through a forum to complain about a thread they dont agree with ( instead of just passing it bye ) would be the one that is in desperate need of a hobby.

With all that said I sure hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving !