PDA

View Full Version : I have created a nightmare..........

Trinity
12-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Me being the all encouraging parent and considering my kids are home-schooled, I try to give them every opportunity to explore their own interests and talents.

My 17 year old son finally got all of the equipment he needed to record his own music, in the privacy of his own bedroom.

He had one last piece he needed that he got today. Something to do with the mic.

Now it seems his mic is so strong it picks up me stirring the ice in my glass, on the other side of his wall.

I was informed I needed to be extremely quite while he is recording.

:rolleyes:

aboutime
12-01-2013, 08:45 PM
;)Shhhhhhhhhh! Sound proof rooms are expensive.

Not trying to be a wise-ass, but why do parents always avoid buying drum sets for birthdays, and Christmas???

God Bless. Good Luck with that.

Kathianne
12-01-2013, 09:35 PM
;)Shhhhhhhhhh! Sound proof rooms are expensive.

Not trying to be a wise-ass, but why do parents always avoid buying drum sets for birthdays, and Christmas???

God Bless. Good Luck with that.

Grandparents though? My mom bought my daughter her first drum set, she played in school for 6 years. Then mom bought her piano and lessons. Then a guitar. Oh yeah, daughter's degrees are in music performance and education. LOL! Her focus was 'voice.'

I must say, the daughter always made music enjoyable, her practices didn't harm others. ;) OTOH, her one brother took trumpet lessons, his music talents were inherited from me I guess. Umm, that was not a pleasant daily hour for a year. The other son played the cello quite well for 6 years, then chose soccer, then track over cello. Go figure!

Trinity
12-02-2013, 09:36 AM
;)Shhhhhhhhhh! Sound proof rooms are expensive. Not trying to be a wise-ass, but why do parents always avoid buying drum sets for birthdays, and Christmas???God Bless. Good Luck with that.Yes they are! I am thinking shed in the backyard....lolI actually did get my youngest a drum set when he was around 9. He wasn't to bad either. But he never got into the drums like his brother got into playing guitar.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-02-2013, 10:15 AM
One of Justin's requested presents for Christmas is a drum set. I told his mom, no way I need my sleep too much for that to happen now. I sleep late on weekends. Not going to give that luxury up. ;) --Tyr

Jeff
12-02-2013, 01:27 PM
One of Justin's requested presents for Christmas is a drum set. I told his mom, no way I need my sleep too much for that to happen now. I sleep late on weekends. Not going to give that luxury up. ;) --Tyr

Tyr you are lucky mine are asking for 22's ( a little noise is better than not waking up ) They are ready for them though , and I don't have to worry to much they would be locked up in MY safe

gabosaurus
12-02-2013, 07:22 PM
If you had raised your child to appreciate good music from the beginning, this wouldn't be happening to you.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/26xsoFcNkjs" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Kathianne
12-02-2013, 07:51 PM

Don't be a fuddy duddy. He stays off computer when told to, set a reasonable time for drum practices. Percussion instruments are a great start for music.

aboutime
12-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Don't be a fuddy duddy. He stays off computer when told to, set a reasonable time for drum practices. Percussion instruments are a great start for music.

Kathianne :laugh: That's always so easy for you, or me to say when IT'S NOT OUR CHILD, and we won't be around to try and find endless reasons WHY THE CHILD SHOULD NOT BE DRUMMING! :laugh:

Kathianne
12-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Kathianne :laugh: That's always so easy for you, or me to say when IT'S NOT OUR CHILD, and we won't be around to try and find endless reasons WHY THE CHILD SHOULD NOT BE DRUMMING! :laugh:

I did my time! If I can, I'd do for my grandkids what my parents did for mine and my brother's. LOL!

aboutime
12-02-2013, 08:37 PM
I did my time! If I can, I'd do for my grandkids what my parents did for mine and my brother's. LOL!

Kathianne. Several years ago. My wife bought a T-Shirt for me that reads:

"Feed the Grand Kids Suger...then Send them Home"

Anyone who intentionally buys a drum, or drum set for children...MUST HAVE A GRUDGE against their children.:lol:

Kathianne
12-02-2013, 08:41 PM

Anyone who intentionally buys a drum, or drum set for children...MUST HAVE A GRUDGE against their children.:lol:

Right. I would not 'feed the grandkids sugar,' just as I didn't my own. I would support their talents and interests. Funny that you think the opposite, but carry on. :coffee:

aboutime
12-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Right. I would not 'feed the grandkids sugar,' just as I didn't my own. I would support their talents and interests. Funny that you think the opposite, but carry on. :coffee:

Geeez, Kathianne. Lighten up a bit. I was just being playful. THE SHIRT IS A JOKE!

Where did your sense of humor go? You even bite off my head for trying to be friendly. And we all wonder why everybody is always so angry???

Forget all that I said, or typed. Sounds like you just don't want anybody to be here.

logroller
12-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Tyr you are lucky mine are asking for 22's ( a little noise is better than not waking up ) They are ready for them though , and I don't have to worry to much they would be locked up in MY safe
Given that I can sleep through earthquakes, between whatever my son thinks is flushable and fort construction that rivals colonial expansion, I'll take the drumming. The last thing I need is an authentic holding of the fort. ;)

Kathianne
12-02-2013, 11:16 PM

Geeez, Kathianne. Lighten up a bit. I was just being playful. THE SHIRT IS A JOKE!

Where did your sense of humor go? You even bite off my head for trying to be friendly. And we all wonder why everybody is always so angry???

Forget all that I said, or typed. Sounds like you just don't want anybody to be here.

Passive-Aggressive much?

aboutime
12-03-2013, 06:35 PM
[/B]

Passive-Aggressive much?

When did you get your license as a Psychiatrist Kathianne?