PDA

View Full Version : So Stupid, It Bears Repeating

DragonStryk72
12-02-2013, 03:20 AM
So my dad posted an article on the ACA site going up, with CNN spinning it at working "smoothly", and so I replied:

Me:Well, it's doing much better, but according to CNN, it's still hitting roadblocks, mostly at the final processing step.

This is when the Troll arrived, because how dare I not be 100% in rapture over this:

Him:The negativity is so boring. They are doing THEIR BEST to remedy the situation. How about one of you fix the problem? The site would probably explode.

Me:Well, let's try this a different way: you put your car in for some necessary repairs, and I give you a timeline for when you can pick it up. Instead of it being on time, it is a week late, and when you do get it, you make it almost out of the parking lot when it breaks down again. Now, you have no abilities at car repair, so do you have a right to complain? According to me, you would, as I promised a bill of sale I didn't deliver on, on top of it being delayed. I acknowledged the site was doing better, but better is not good, nor is it smooth. If a certain number of people are having their personal information disappear into the internet, that seems kind of rough. All sites have difficulties, and I get that, but this is all stuff that should have been tested in both Alpha and Beta. That's why those processes exist, to red-line the system so that it's properly ready to go from day 1.

Him: Well, let's try this a different way. Have you ever worked on a computer help desk? I have.
Me: I've worked as a Beta Tester. Next Question? Please stop judging I'm an idiot without knowing anything about me. You'll find it stays as a debate and not an argument that way.

Him: I'm not the person judging. You are. Whether it was test or not you do not know. All I see is a pissy fit. Negative people always complaining about something instead of being in the solution.
You want to help. Stop whining and send in some suggestions Mr. Beta Tester. LOL.

Me: lol, omg, seriously? wow.... just wow. So, I post a legitimate disagreement, and even admit that the site is much improved, but does still have significant issues. That's your definition of "pissy"? And you did judge, every time that you've posted thus far, you've been judging me. I noted one point of error that is provably existent, and that's "pissy" now? In fact, I think the only one here who has leveled any form of insult or judgment is you, which is of course, extremely negative, which in turn shows a core of hypocrisy in your entire stance.

Then he decided to message me:

Him: I was just about to defriend you. THANK YOU for saving me the bother. If someone disagreeing with you is all it takes, that shows me the kind of person you are.

Okay, so first off, I wasn't his friend on facebook to start with, so I don't know where he got that. Second, from one sentence to the next in this message, it is directly hypocritical. He's going to defriend me because I disagreed with him, but is pissed because he thinks I would defriend him due to him disagreeing with me.

God, it was priceless, lol.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-02-2013, 09:04 AM
So my dad posted an article on the ACA site going up, with CNN spinning it at working "smoothly", and so I replied:

This is when the Troll arrived, because how dare I not be 100% in rapture over this:

Okay, so first off, I wasn't his friend on facebook to start with, so I don't know where he got that. Second, from one sentence to the next in this message, it is directly hypocritical. He's going to defriend me because I disagreed with him, but is pissed because he thinks I would defriend him due to him disagreeing with me.

God, it was priceless, lol. 20 to 1 odds that dude was an Obama voter! :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-02-2013, 09:30 AM

God, it was priceless, lol. 20 to 1 odds says that the guy is a 2 time Obama voter. People like that are beyond any hope of ever being helped. Ignorance can be helped by education but that kind of dumbass is well beyond repair.

aboutime
12-02-2013, 01:09 PM
20 to 1 odds says that the guy is a 2 time Obama voter. People like that are beyond any hope of ever being helped. Ignorance can be helped by education but that kind of dumbass is well beyond repair.

Tyr. Just more proof about how so many Obama lovers have no idea what they are voting for. They're really happy to prove how absolutely dumb they are...and never realize it at the same time.

That GIFT that keeps on Giving...never ends. But they aren't even smart enough to understand it.

DragonStryk72
12-03-2013, 03:50 AM
What gets me is that he jumped on me for briefly mentioning one thing wrong, despite the fact that I started off positive, and mentioned the bad thing as an aside. I could understand his response if I posted some huge anti-ACA rant, but I didn't alter what I said at all.

God, guys like this get to me, regardless of party. I don't need to be a professional computer programmer to know that you need to be certain your site is work when it starts up, and that it has adequate security if it's to be handling private information. I mean, seriously, do you need to be a chef to know that your steak is still raw or burnt? No, of course not. Do you need to be a doctor to know that the doctor is fucking up your stitches big time? Of course not. So why would this be any different? As to having the "right" to complain, everyone does, in the entire country.

aboutime
12-03-2013, 06:40 PM
What gets me is that he jumped on me for briefly mentioning one thing wrong, despite the fact that I started off positive, and mentioned the bad thing as an aside. I could understand his response if I posted some huge anti-ACA rant, but I didn't alter what I said at all.

God, guys like this get to me, regardless of party. I don't need to be a professional computer programmer to know that you need to be certain your site is work when it starts up, and that it has adequate security if it's to be handling private information. I mean, seriously, do you need to be a chef to know that your steak is still raw or burnt? No, of course not. Do you need to be a doctor to know that the doctor is fucking up your stitches big time? Of course not. So why would this be any different? As to having the "right" to complain, everyone does, in the entire country.

DragonStryk. Seems like, nowadays. Almost everything, or anything anyone says that doesn't meet their personal, idiotic standards of Political Correctness is, and should be complained about, whined about, and classified as Insulting, Offensive, or Disgusting.
Rarely...anymore on this forum...does anyone offer their own opinion about some subject, when someone else instantly feels a desperate need to JUMP DOWN THEIR NECK, and declare whatever was said, typed, spoken, or THOUGHT about as......DISAGREEABLE AND TERRIBLE.
And we all wonder why this entire nation is going STRAIGHT DOWN THE SHITTER???