PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Airline

Guernicaa
06-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Whats your favorite airline to fly on???

Mines JetBlue...By far.
Beats the shit out of US Airways, United, American, and Delta.

My second favorite would have to be NorthWest...followed by Delta.

I did like Song...but they got rid of that.

Sitarro
06-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Whats your favorite airline to fly on???

Mines JetBlue...By far.
Beats the shit out of US Airways, United, American, and Delta.

My second favorite would have to be NorthWest...followed by Delta.

I did like Song...but they got rid of that.

Why? I guess you shy away from airlines that actually pay their employees a livable wage. You're one of those that wants the speed and comfort of jet flight but only think it's worth the price of a bus ticket.... then you bitch about the lack of food, right? Continental is the only airline I will fly. Then again I only pay 35 bucks each way to fly first class anywhere domestic(standby). The rest of the world is a bit more, 200 bucks will get me anywhere else round trip in first class(China? Japan....yes).

Having 4 family members that work for them helps, but it would still be my choice knowing as much as I do about the airline business. Continental has the youngest fleet of aircraft and is continuing to buy the latest from Boeing(helping provide jobs for thousands of workers here in the united States). Jet Blue uses Airbus aircraft, I find that awful. They aren't flying them because they are better built, more economical to operate or even better performance...... no, they worked a deal with Airbus to buy their aircraft interest free( an effort by the Euros too try to hurt the American Airline industry and also hurt our economy.

Hagbard Celine
06-13-2007, 04:56 PM
British Airways did me right when they moved my flight forward two hours for no charge.

Guernicaa
06-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Why? I guess you shy away from airlines that actually pay their employees a livable wage. You're one of those that wants the speed and comfort of jet flight but only think it's worth the price of a bus ticket.... then you bitch about the lack of food, right? Continental is the only airline I will fly. Then again I only pay 35 bucks each way to fly first class anywhere domestic(standby). The rest of the world is a bit more, 200 bucks will get me anywhere else round trip in first class(China? Japan....yes).

Having 4 family members that work for them helps, but it would still be my choice knowing as much as I do about the airline business. Continental has the youngest fleet of aircraft and is continuing to buy the latest from Boeing(helping provide jobs for thousands of workers here in the united States). Jet Blue uses Airbus aircraft, I find that awful. They aren't flying them because they are better built, more economical to operate or even better performance...... no, they worked a deal with Airbus to buy their aircraft interest free( an effort by the Euros too try to hurt the American Airline industry and also hurt our economy.
Jetblues fleet is quite new as well. Maybe not as new as continental, but definitely one of the newest. There is nothing wrong with Airbus at all...and I'd like you to provide some proof that Boeing produces better planes. The Euro's build better cars than Americans, so it wouldn't surprise me that they build better planes. The plane rides on JetBlue always seem to be much smoother and enjoyable than on US Air, or any other huge mainstream airline that uses a lot of Boeing planes.
Jet blues seats have plush leather, TV's with over 30 popular channels, more leg room than the average coach seats in other airlines, and great customer service. I don't complain about the snacks, because you can (and I've done this) ask for as many snacks and drinks as you want and they'll give them to you. In one flight from NYC to Tampa I had 4 bags of chips, 4 cookies, and a bunch of sodas. They never limit you.

gabosaurus
06-13-2007, 05:52 PM
We flew business class from Los Angeles to Melbourne and back on Quantas. They have a remarkable record of service. You will never get such amenities on an American carrier. Not that it made a 14-hour flight a pleasure, but it was not miserable.

Close second would be Lufthansa. The seats are incredibly comfortable, and there is a fair amount of leg room. Plus the food is delicious.
British Airways is OK, but trails Lufthansa rather poorly.

Mr. P
06-13-2007, 07:49 PM
...There is nothing wrong with Airbus at all...and I'd like you to provide some proof that Boeing produces better planes. ....

Sorry, I don't like Airbus because of the digital flight controls. Unfortunately this is becoming widespread. The top concern for computerized, digital fly-by-wire systems is reliability, even more than analog systems. This is because a computer running software is the only control path between pilot and control surfaces. If the computer software crashes, the pilot cannot control the aircraft.

I think it's a stupid design and overall unsafe.

Gaffer
06-13-2007, 08:00 PM
I don't fly. Last time I flew was in the military.

I do have a hat with a picture of a huey and it says "frequent flier".

5stringJeff
06-13-2007, 08:27 PM
My dad flew for Continental, so I always try to use them when I can.

I will say, though, when I have flown JetBlue, I've really liked their service.

Sitarro
06-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Jetblues fleet is quite new as well. Maybe not as new as continental, but definitely one of the newest. There is nothing wrong with Airbus at all...and I'd like you to provide some proof that Boeing produces better planes. The Euro's build better cars than Americans, so it wouldn't surprise me that they build better planes. The plane rides on JetBlue always seem to be much smoother and enjoyable than on US Air, or any other huge mainstream airline that uses a lot of Boeing planes.
Jet blues seats have plush leather, TV's with over 30 popular channels, more leg room than the average coach seats in other airlines, and great customer service. I don't complain about the snacks, because you can (and I've done this) ask for as many snacks and drinks as you want and they'll give them to you. In one flight from NYC to Tampa I had 4 bags of chips, 4 cookies, and a bunch of sodas. They never limit you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA so, Europe makes better cars.....really, in what way....reliability? I know plenty with BMWs or Volkswagons that might have something to say about that. Cars aren't aircraft anyway, as much as Saab wants to pretend that they are and Boeing is the aircraft that they attempt to compete with. Airbus makes a lot of unreliable crap and screwed up severly with that giant elephant in the room while Boeing went with the 787. 1 of those A-380s go down and they can move what's left to create a condo community in Toulouse because they won't fly again. The Emirates plan to overload that thing with 667 people...gee, sign me up for that ride to Honk Kong...... how many farts per hour does that come to? Europe constantly make silly decisions that might look impressive to the ignorant(Concord) but are money pigs that turn into huge losers.

I find it just a little hypocritical that Mr. "keep the jobs in the U.S." supports a company like Airbus over Boeing, leather seats throughout? How many cows have to die for each of those planes..... wait a second, they're French, it's probably horse skins.

diuretic
06-14-2007, 05:36 AM
We flew business class from Los Angeles to Melbourne and back on Quantas. They have a remarkable record of service. You will never get such amenities on an American carrier. Not that it made a 14-hour flight a pleasure, but it was not miserable.

Close second would be Lufthansa. The seats are incredibly comfortable, and there is a fair amount of leg room. Plus the food is delicious.
British Airways is OK, but trails Lufthansa rather poorly.

I try to avoid Qantas. The cabin staff are increasingly grumpy these days. I flew LA - Sydney Business class a few years ago and had the worst crew I've ever struck. Now I really like Cathay Pacific (plus when I fly to North America I get a few days in Hong Kong). Singapore are also very good. British Airways - flew to London with them once. Flew back to Australia with them too. Never again.

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Mine is Southwest. They are by far the cheapest and ive found their staff friendlier then United and American.

Abbey Marie
07-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Mine is Southwest. They are by far the cheapest and ive found their staff friendlier then United and American.

I like their fares, service is fine, but I really don't like the non-reserved seating policy. I am way too picky about where I am on the plane, so I have to get there really early for every flight.

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 10:00 PM
I like their fares, service is fine, but I really don't like the non-reserved seating policy. I am way too picky about where I am on the plane, so I have to get there really early for every flight.

I've has assigned season on a couple of their flights. Where do you prefer to sit? By a window?