PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) exempts staff members from Obamacare

Little-Acorn
12-04-2013, 10:59 AM
"Regulations for thee, but not for me."

I guess the President isn't the only one unilaterally changing Acts of Congress. If he can do it, why shouldn't others do it too?

We elected these people. Now we are getting the government we deserve.

---------------------------------------

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/04/politics/reid-obamacare-staff/index.html

Some Reid staffers exempt from Obamacare exchanges

by Chris Frates, CNN Investigative Correspondent
updated 10:19 AM EST, Wed December 4, 2013

Washington (CNN) -- Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, one of Obamacare's architects and staunchest supporters, is also the only top congressional leader to exempt some of his staff from having to buy insurance through the law's new exchanges.

Reid is the exception among the other top congressional leaders. GOP House Speaker John Boehner, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell have all directed their staffs to join the exchange, their aides said.

jimnyc
12-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I heard promise after promise during the entire run-up to this crap that no way congress would ever be exempt. And here we go again, congress making crappy laws that only the little people must adhere to.

Someone seriously needs to push through an amendment that ALL bills/laws or anything at all that pertains to the people, pertains to congress as well, or that the people=congress and they get treated no differently.

KarlMarx
12-04-2013, 11:34 AM
For me, the big challenge is to see how it takes between saying "Harry Reid" and uttering a string of profanities... so far, I've managed to make it to ten seconds. The man is an embarrassment, a humiliation, and ... rats, my ten seconds is up.

aboutime
12-04-2013, 10:06 PM
For me, the big challenge is to see how it takes between saying "Harry Reid" and uttering a string of profanities... so far, I've managed to make it to ten seconds. The man is an embarrassment, a humiliation, and ... rats, my ten seconds is up.

KarlMarx. There's a much easier, much quicker way to stay within that ten seconds.

Simply put. Harry is just like Obama, and Pelosi. "A LIAR". And there's time to spare.

KarlMarx
12-05-2013, 06:54 PM
KarlMarx. There's a much easier, much quicker way to stay within that ten seconds.

Simply put. Harry is just like Obama, and Pelosi. "A LIAR". And there's time to spare.
http://thenextfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Liar_Liar_Pants_on_Fire_by_Nami_Tsuki.png

Harry Reid's, Nancy Pelosi's, and Barack Houdini's pants