PDA

View Full Version : Martin Bashir kicked out of MSNBC

Little-Acorn
12-04-2013, 02:56 PM
The story claims he "resigned".

Yep. Just like Nixon "resigned".

Another one bites the dust.

But... will anyone notice?

PMSNBC has been losing half their viewers every year. Bashir is actually one of the more minor reason why. When will they get around to kicking out the ones that are REALLY driving their own audience away?

----------------------------------------------

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/martin-bashir-resigns-from-msnbc/

Martin Bashir Resigns From MSNBC

by Tommy Christopher | 2:35 pm, December 4th, 201333

Just over two weeks ago, MSNBC host Martin Bashir delivered a harsh piece of commentary that culminated in the suggestion that someone should “s-h-i-t” in former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin‘s (R-AK) mouth. Bashir offered an abject apology on his next broadcast, but a chorus of critics continued to demand action against the host. After a reported “vacation” for the host earlier this week, Bashir announced, Wednesday afternoon, that MSNBC and Martin Bashir are parting ways.

aboutime
12-04-2013, 04:04 PM

PMSNBC has been losing half their viewers every year. Bashir is actually one of the more minor reason why. When will they get around to kicking out the ones that are REALLY driving their own audience away?

Just over two weeks ago, MSNBC host Martin Bashir delivered a harsh piece of commentary that culminated in the suggestion that someone should “s-h-i-t” in former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin‘s (R-AK) mouth. Bashir offered an abject apology on his next broadcast, but a chorus of critics continued to demand action against the host. After a reported “vacation” for the host earlier this week, Bashir announced, Wednesday afternoon, that MSNBC and Martin Bashir are parting ways.

What took them so long?

Bout time for Martin to get some of his own...."OPEN WIDE".

Drummond
12-04-2013, 05:02 PM
What took them so long?

Bout time for Martin to get some of his own...."OPEN WIDE".:clap::clap:

Bashir isn't one of the UK's better exports !!!

I'm fully behind you on this, Aboutime, believe me. Sarah is a shining example of decent, proper Conservatism. Disgusting that she doesn't receive the proper respect.

hjmick
12-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Bashir unemployed? Send the sod back to the U.K.

Larrymc
12-04-2013, 06:17 PM

Just over two weeks ago, MSNBC host Martin Bashir delivered a harsh piece of commentary that culminated in the suggestion that someone should “s-h-i-t” in former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin‘s (R-AK) mouth. Bashir offered an abject apology on his next broadcast, but a chorus of critics continued to demand action against the host. After a reported “vacation” for the host earlier this week, Bashir announced, Wednesday afternoon, that MSNBC and Martin Bashir are parting ways. "resigned" He should have been long gone Fired before he could even consider it. Just shows they agree with him, but had to try and save face.

aboutime
12-04-2013, 06:33 PM
:clap::clap:

Bashir isn't one of the UK's better exports !!!

I'm fully behind you on this, Aboutime, believe me. Sarah is a shining example of decent, proper Conservatism. Disgusting that she doesn't receive the proper respect.

Sir Drummond. Like Piers Morgan. Bashir came to America where he could hide behind the 1ST AMENDMENT to abuse Anyone he didn't like, or he hated like Palin.
But...it's not nice to fool Mother Nature if you are here as a guest...on a visa, and think your power is endless and Americans are all Ignorant like He was back in the U.K.
I hope he CHOKES on his own excrement someday, and there is nobody around to do a Heimlick on him to open his CLOGGED AIRWAY full of CRAP.

Drummond
12-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Bashir unemployed? Send the sod back to the U.K.

.. er'm, thanks very much !!!

Drummond
12-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Sir Drummond. Like Piers Morgan. Bashir came to America where he could hide behind the 1ST AMENDMENT to abuse Anyone he didn't like, or he hated like Palin.
But...it's not nice to fool Mother Nature if you are here as a guest...on a visa, and think your power is endless and Americans are all Ignorant like He was back in the U.K.
I hope he CHOKES on his own excrement someday, and there is nobody around to do a Heimlick on him to open his CLOGGED AIRWAY full of CRAP.

Good post, Aboutime !

Trouble is, if Bashir does return here, he'll most likely receive sympathy for his viewpoints, at least to some degree. He's well known here, especially for the interview he once did with Lady Di, Princess of Wales.

I think he's typical of many 'trendy Lefty' types over here .. just incapable of understanding quite how Americans will refuse to bend to his viewpoint, having one markedly different from anything he can imagine. Russell Brand (tasteless and sometimes outrageous British comedian) made the same mistake a handful of years ago, not understanding why his anti-Bush jokes didn't receive the approving reaction he'd expected. They both imagine that Americans will identify with the culture which THEY are accustomed to, not getting how foreign their sensibilities actually are.

I'm more than happy for Americans to teach Bashir a much-needed lesson. Go for it, folks !

aboutime
12-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Good post, Aboutime !

Trouble is, if Bashir does return here, he'll most likely receive sympathy for his viewpoints, at least to some degree. He's well known here, especially for the interview he once did with Lady Di, Princess of Wales.

I think he's typical of many 'trendy Lefty' types over here .. just incapable of understanding quite how Americans will refuse to bend to his viewpoint, having one markedly different from anything he can imagine. Russell Brand (tasteless and sometimes outrageous British comedian) made the same mistake a handful of years ago, not understanding why his anti-Bush jokes didn't receive the approving reaction he'd expected. They both imagine that Americans will identify with the culture which THEY are accustomed to, not getting how foreign their sensibilities actually are.

I'm more than happy for Americans to teach Bashir a much-needed lesson. Go for it, folks !

Sir Drummond. Agreed. What people like Bashir, and Morgan never seem to understand about WE COLONY types is. People like them are called SNOBS here.
And, once they get that handle, or tag. Americans who understand. Never forget.

gabosaurus
12-04-2013, 10:37 PM
The price men pay for daring to tell the truth... :rolleyes:

CSM
12-05-2013, 07:25 AM

Really???? I know you are just posting another troll but really? You think it is ok for some talking head to publicly call for a disgusting act to be perpatrated on another human being??? Really?

hjmick
12-05-2013, 01:28 PM

Why do you hate women? Or is it just conservative women?

glockmail
12-06-2013, 09:01 AM
The price men pay for daring to tell the truth... :rolleyes: That someone should shit in your mouth?

namvet
12-06-2013, 01:47 PM
no comment from management?? uh huh

aboutime
12-06-2013, 01:55 PM
That someone should shit in your mouth?

glock. I think Gabby is just angry that she didn't get to TASTE it...in person.

gabosaurus
12-06-2013, 08:52 PM
no comment from management?? uh huh

Nice to see the return of the guy who who defines the term "full of shit." Good to see that the VA mental ward finally released you.

tailfins
12-06-2013, 08:59 PM
glock. I think Gabby is just angry that she didn't get to TASTE it...in person.

Remember the commercial where the bee cringes at the butterfly collection? Likewise, it disturbs Slurposaurus to think of her fellow members of the fecal species being eaten.

aboutime
12-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Nice to see the return of the guy who who defines the term "full of shit." Good to see that the VA mental ward finally released you.

gabby. If what you said above ^ is true. You should thank namvet for impersonating YOU so well. Trying to be as dumb, stupid, and ignorant as someone like you takes practice.
Flattery should make you feel all cushy when anyone acts like you.

jimnyc
12-07-2013, 08:06 AM

It wasn't "truth", it was a disgusting statement of someones disgusting thought process. To "crap", for lack of a better word, in her mouth - you call that truth? You defend that, from EITHER side? It's pure filth and not something ANYONE should see on national TV and has no place in our political system. The fact that you defend this type of person speaks volumes. I'm actually a little stunned that you would go this far. Trolling is one thing, standing up for the (D) side at a cost like this? Almost as filthy as what he said, IMO.

fj1200
12-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Does this mean that Palin is stronger than a professional football player?

jimnyc
12-07-2013, 08:11 AM

VA mental ward? Who the fuck do you think you are talking to a veteran in such a manner? Because of what he wrote, which didn't even quote you? I don't mind some of the flaming, obviously, since its in every other thread. But making fun of vets in such a manner is also as disgusting as what Bashir stated. You probably thought you were being funny, but let me assure you, it wasn't funny in the slightest. Make fun of someone based on their posts and actions here if you will - but we're not going to tolerate people coming here and tossing out those types of insults towards veterans, for just the sake of doing so in order to belittle someone.

tailfins
12-07-2013, 10:17 AM
VA mental ward? Who the fuck do you think you are talking to a veteran in such a manner? Because of what he wrote, which didn't even quote you? I don't mind some of the flaming, obviously, since its in every other thread. But making fun of vets in such a manner is also as disgusting as what Bashir stated. You probably thought you were being funny, but let me assure you, it wasn't funny in the slightest. Make fun of someone based on their posts and actions here if you will - but we're not going to tolerate people coming here and tossing out those types of insults towards veterans, for just the sake of doing so in order to belittle someone.

She is just proving that intelligent debate is out of her element. She should be in the kitchen baking cookies. After all there is a food and recipes section on DP that's right up her alley. Perhaps she can start a thread on ginger snaps versus chocolate chip. After she gets it right, she could mail you a couple dozen!

red states rule
12-08-2013, 06:56 AM
"resigned" He should have been long gone Fired before he could even consider it. Just shows they agree with him, but had to try and save face.

Management did not want to offend their liberal viewers who do not see anything wrong with what Bashier said about Ms Palin. In their eyes he was too damn nice to her

Proof of that statement - Exhibit One is Gabby. For a liberal who is always on the lookout for any sexist acts by Republicans she ignores any disgusting comments directed at conservative women. In Gabby's opinion - they deserve them anyway simply for being conservative

glockmail
12-08-2013, 06:23 PM

Gabs is experimenting with new lows. :slap:

aboutime
12-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Gabs is experimenting with new lows. :slap:

Funny stuff glockmail. Wonder when Gabs will finally recognize how she's talking about people who follow her lead, and IMPERSONATE her???? And she still makes fun of them????

red states rule
12-09-2013, 02:59 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyDTbvNt7Lw-_U8sHm3Ty_yMy8KQMjL62Qtns7JTtgb5y3YV_C

I guess he will pop up over at CNN - same office however