PDA

View Full Version : President Obama planning annual Hawaiian holiday

Jeff
12-06-2013, 01:09 AM
I am sure glad Obama don't want to come to my neck of the woods, all that goes on to keep him safe may be needed but I wouldn't want to deal with it in my own neighborhood.

The White House hasn't officially announced their plans yet, but Hawaii News Now has learned the Obamas will vacation here over the holidays. This will be the First Family's sixth Christmas in Hawaii since he was elected president, and keeping with tradition they are expected to spend it in Kailua.
Every year the Obamas have rented a few houses on Kailuana Place – creating quite the buzz in the beach side community.
"It's exciting. It's really an honor to have him here, and when he's around – actually the place is super safe because we have all this security around," said Lanette Hayashi, who lives in the neighborhood where the Obamas are expected to stay again this year

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24129034/obama-planning-annual-hawaiian-holiday

gabosaurus
12-06-2013, 01:18 AM
I am sure glad Obama don't want to come to my neck of the woods, all that goes on to keep him safe may be needed but I wouldn't want to deal with it in my own neighborhood.

Why would Obama want to vacation in a Georgia trailer park? :rolleyes:

Otherwise, perhaps Obama should apologize for not being wealthy enough to own extensive vacation compounds in Maine and Texas? I bet Obama is wishing now that his family had been smart enough to get rich by selling oil to terrorists.

http://news.yahoo.com/-obama%E2%80%99s-vacations-and-golfing-by-the-numbers--165241111.html

Jeff
12-06-2013, 01:21 AM

Otherwise, perhaps Obama should apologize for not being wealthy enough to own extensive vacation compounds in Maine and Texas? I bet Obama is wishing now that his family had been smart enough to get rich by selling oil to terrorists.

http://news.yahoo.com/-obama%E2%80%99s-vacations-and-golfing-by-the-numbers--165241111.html

Gaby you wouldn't survive a day where I live, people are honest God fearing Americans here , you wouldn't understand.

gabosaurus
12-06-2013, 01:24 AM
Gaby you wouldn't survive a day where I live, people are honest God fearing Americans here , you wouldn't understand.

You wouldn't survive a day where I live, either. We are God-fearing educated Americans who passed all our English classes. :cool:

Jeff
12-06-2013, 01:29 AM
You wouldn't survive a day where I live, either. We are God-fearing educated Americans who passed all our English classes. :cool:

I have been to the Hell you call home to many times :laugh: As for English I didn't know anyone out there spoke it

You know Gaby you are like that little girl Angelica on that kids Cartoon , a nasty self centered spoiled little girl, seriously your Husband needs to grow a set and put you in your place or at least not let ya out in public :laugh:

Kathianne
12-06-2013, 02:31 AM

Gabby, this was just mean. I really thought better of you. Cheap shots all over the place and doesn't help Obama or liberals an iota.

Kathianne
12-06-2013, 02:32 AM

So Gabby, do you hate those that cannot pass all their English classes? Yeah, didn't think so.

Jeff
12-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Gabby, this was just mean. I really thought better of you. Cheap shots all over the place and doesn't help Obama or liberals an iota.

So Gabby, do you hate those that cannot pass all their English classes? Yeah, didn't think so.

You know Kat the worst part of this is I try and protect this girl ( yes woman would be way out of place here ) I have argued on a couple of occasions for her and when she disappears and many say how they hope she is gone :laugh: I again defend her , but honestly that is why such as this thread if I post something whether it is for or above Obama Gabby will attack, because she knows I am not going to attack back by calling her what she is ( or what many believe she is ) I just hope as we go along and try to clean the board up that attacks like this are also put behind us, yes sometimes they are warranted but like this cheap shot others are just plain stupid, when someone tries to be hurtful and is ignorant like this ya really have to wonder about the mind of a Liberal ( but honestly some of us knew way before this exactly what a liberal is made up of )

gabosaurus
12-06-2013, 09:05 AM

Kathianne, I hope you and Jeff both realized from the emoticons used that everything I said was in jest. I don't know if Jeff was being serious, but I certainly was not. Thou must realize the snark when it is among you. :cool:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-06-2013, 09:11 AM
You know Kat the worst part of this is I try and protect this girl ( yes woman would be way out of place here ) I have argued on a couple of occasions for her and when she disappears and many say how they hope she is gone :laugh: I again defend her , but honestly that is why such as this thread if I post something whether it is for or above Obama Gabby will attack, because she knows I am not going to attack back by calling her what she is ( or what many believe she is ) I just hope as we go along and try to clean the board up that attacks like this are also put behind us, yes sometimes they are warranted but like this cheap shot others are just plain stupid, when someone tries to be hurtful and is ignorant like this ya really have to wonder about the mind of a Liberal ( but honestly some of us knew way before this exactly what a liberal is made up of ) Some liberals are in an angry mood because Obama's popularity has dropped like a rock. I see it on other forums where they are even more insulting than usual. When a cherished messiah is proven to be a total lying fraud the bambots go into full attack mode. Sunday I got a pm from one such fool at another forum. He wished death upon myself and all my family. Told me he'd see me in hell. :laugh: I sent a reply back ," I may spare the time to look down at you there but visiting is just out of the question amigo." :laugh: No reply yet but I am guessing if he sends another it will have even more curse words and more death wishes. Somehow I seem to bring that out in people. ;)--Tyr

jimnyc
12-06-2013, 09:19 AM

Maybe your lame second reply was meant in jest, but I don't think rolling ones eyes covers up for one trying to make fun of where another may live, or their homes. For someone who brags about how much income her and have hubby have, it would be cool if you were a bit more humble. As for where he lives - it's absolutely beautiful. Nothing but beautiful scenery, animals and some of the friendliest people I have ever come across.

As for putting down another person and their English. Well, I'd be willing to still have that debate if you like, and we can showcase your English, or perhaps your math? Maybe science? Politics? Immigration? ANY SUBJECT you can choose. Or do you prefer to "pick on" people you think you are smarter than?

You may write better than Jeff, and perhaps live in a more affluent area. Hell, you may even be smarter. But let me ask, since this is far from the first time you tossed out personal jabs like this, do you think you are better somehow?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Maybe your lame second reply was meant in jest, but I don't think rolling ones eyes covers up for one trying to make fun of where another may live, or their homes. For someone who brags about how much income her and have hubby have, it would be cool if you were a bit more humble. As for where he lives - it's absolutely beautiful. Nothing but beautiful scenery, animals and some of the friendliest people I have ever come across.

As for putting down another person and their English. Well, I'd be willing to still have that debate if you like, and we can showcase your English, or perhaps your math? Maybe science? Politics? Immigration? ANY SUBJECT you can choose. Or do you prefer to "pick on" people you think you are smarter than?

You may write better than Jeff, and perhaps live in a more affluent area. Hell, you may even be smarter. But let me ask, since this is far from the first time you tossed out personal jabs like this, do you think you are better somehow? I lived in a very nice and large doublewide trailer after my first divorce. Lived there for about two years trying to get myself recovered financially. A man will do his best and no shame in living in a trailer as its far better than government housing . At least its still paying ones own way instead of leeching off hard working tax paying citizens. Jeff is a solid citizen and seems to be a great guy so such insults even in jest are in poor taste IMHO. THEY ARE PLAYING TO THE HOLLYWOOD STEREOTYPES THAT ARE NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE BEING SO FALSELY RIDICULED. I had thought you'd know that Gabby.--Tyr

Gaffer
12-06-2013, 11:22 AM

I have gab on ignore so only read what others quote. But there is one thing she mentioned that deserves a comment. The dark one is redistributing the wealth, and you can bet he's one of the ones getting the redistribution. Along with his cohorts. All the high ranking govt officials are well paid beyond their outrageous salaries. Congress, those that support him, are getting their share too.

How come the dark one never vacations at his home in Chicago? He does have a fancy 1.5M or more home there. Of course there's always the possibility he intends to remain dictator for life, so wouldn't need property.

Arbo
12-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Gabby, this was just mean. I really thought better of you.

You know Gaby you are like that little girl Angelica on that kids Cartoon , a nasty self centered spoiled little girl, seriously your Husband needs to grow a set and put you in your place or at least not let ya out in public

Kathianne, and the above wasn't mean (or brought family members into things), and did you not think better of Jeff?

jimnyc
12-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Kathianne, and the above wasn't mean (or brought family members into things), and did you not think better of Jeff?

Like I stated in another thread, there is no reason for people to enter threads and instantly turn the subject into insults towards others. Additionally, some have a habit of doing so to many members in a non-stop and perpetual fashion.

Arbo
12-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Like I stated in another thread, there is no reason for people to enter threads and instantly turn the subject into insults towards others. Additionally, some have a habit of doing so to many members in a non-stop and perpetual fashion.

So you are whining about a user pointing out the hypocrisy of another user bitching at a third user for being mean while it is ignored that a user brought a family member into the discussion in a derogatory fashion?

Hmm...

"There will be no flaming of another members family, whether directly or indirectly. This applies to all sections of the board, private messages and reputation comments. If the family member is not here to defend themselves, then they should not be attacked in any manner. Even if a member discusses their own family, they remain off limits.
"

jimnyc
12-06-2013, 01:13 PM
So you are whining about a user pointing out the hypocrisy of another user bitching at a third user for being mean while it is ignored that a user brought a family member into the discussion in a derogatory fashion?

Hmm...

"There will be no flaming of another members family, whether directly or indirectly. This applies to all sections of the board, private messages and reputation comments. If the family member is not here to defend themselves, then they should not be attacked in any manner. Even if a member discusses their own family, they remain off limits.
"

Actually, for those bright enough to comprehend, my "whining" in this thread was about Gabby. I simply replied to you more as an explanation to your inquiry. I was pointing out that she has perpetually done this for about 8 years now, maybe longer. My comments weren't about you. And I hardly think saying her husband should do something is "derogatory" - unless there's a reason you didn't report the endless times that Gabby mentions my "wife" and boobies and such. I was told thousands of times over the years all kinds of things that my wife should supposedly do to me. It sounds like in both instances, someone is mentioning wife/husband, but the comment is towards/about the member.

And please STFU with posting rules and your bias stuff again. If I were to moderate something as stupid as that - then you would have every other post of yours moderated. Instead, I give people freedoms, and you fucking bitch about that too. How about worry about yourself?

Arbo
12-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Actually, for those bright enough to comprehend, my "whining" in this thread was about Gabby. I simply replied to you more as an explanation to your inquiry. I was pointing out that she has perpetually done this for about 8 years now, maybe longer. My comments weren't about you. And I hardly think saying her husband should do something is "derogatory" - unless there's a reason you didn't report the endless times that Gabby mentions my "wife" and boobies and such. I was told thousands of times over the years all kinds of things that my wife should supposedly do to me. It sounds like in both instances, someone is mentioning wife/husband, but the comment is towards/about the member.

And please STFU with posting rules and your bias stuff again. If I were to moderate something as stupid as that - then you would have every other post of yours moderated. Instead, I give people freedoms, and you fucking bitch about that too. How about worry about yourself?

So you make rules, and then ignore them. Thanks for verifying.

Now post some long, boring, full of shit reply to cover your ass and that you have yet again been called out, then thread ban me. It is expected, as it's the norm.

Guess since it's gonna happen anyway I should point out that I reported your brothers post in another thread where he tried to bring me into it by mentioning it… yet that post is still there. And I've been given the public speeches by you about such things, yet nothing aimed at him for it. Thanks YET AGAIN for the consistency.

jimnyc
12-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Can we please try and stay on topic within threads, don't start with people for no reason, stop whining about perceived biases and just act like adults?

I think it's simple, you discuss what you think about Obama's holiday. How it went from a holiday to making fun of others in 2 seconds is beyond me, why others feel the need to jump in is beyond me. I'll clean up this mess in a few minutes.

jimnyc
12-06-2013, 01:21 PM
I went to clean this thread and then realized that the only post that was really on topic was the very first one, and went downhill from there. Might as well just move the entire thread here.

Kathianne
12-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Kathianne, I hope you and Jeff both realized from the emoticons used that everything I said was in jest. I don't know if Jeff was being serious, but I certainly was not. Thou must realize the snark when it is among you. :cool:

I'll assume you DID mean it in jest, still sometimes humor is a way to hurt others. I don't think you mean to hurt others personally, but in this case that is how it appears. As I insinuated regarding English lessons, I know you wouldn't purposefully hurt those unable to master the materials, indeed you'd go out of your way to help, no?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Lets not forget this 100 million dollar vacation.
http://personalliberty.com/2013/06/13/obama-family-vacation-to-africa-100-million-shooting-holes-in-sequester-impact-lies-priceless/ Between $60 million and $100 million worth of Federal assets — including a large naval ship, 56 support vehicles, truckloads of bulletproof glass, fighter jets and hundreds of Federal personnel — will soon be shipped to sub-Saharan Africa. Is a small scale military operation being planned in an area of civil unrest? Nope… President Barack Obama is taking the wife and kids on vacation.

The costly preparations for the Presidential were revealed in documents obtained by The Washington Post. The newspaper reports:

Hundreds of U.S. Secret Service agents will be dispatched to secure facilities in Senegal, South Africa and Tanzania. A Navy aircraft carrier or amphibious ship, with a fully staffed medical trauma center, will be stationed offshore in case of an emergency.

Military cargo planes will airlift in 56 support vehicles, including 14 limousines and three trucks loaded with sheets of bulletproof glass to cover the windows of the hotels where the first family will stay. Fighter jets will fly in shifts, giving 24-hour coverage over the president’s airspace, so they can intervene quickly if an errant plane gets too close.

The extraordinary security provisions — which will cost the government tens of millions of dollars — are outlined in a confidential internal planning document obtained by The Washington Post. While the preparations appear to be in line with similar travels in the past, the document offers an unusual glimpse into the colossal efforts to protect the U.S. commander-in-chief on trips abroad.

While Obama’s predecessors have also taken costly family trips to the same region, the current President’s costly African adventure comes after months of his warning that across-the-board government budget cuts would cripple public services. His Administration made the decision to shut down White House tours to drive home the point.
Just how many multi million dollar vacations does this lazy bastard deserve!????? --Tyr

Jeff
12-07-2013, 12:41 AM
I'll assume you DID mean it in jest, still sometimes humor is a way to hurt others. I don't think you mean to hurt others personally, but in this case that is how it appears. As I insinuated regarding English lessons, I know you wouldn't purposefully hurt those unable to master the materials, indeed you'd go out of your way to help, no?

Kat as for meaning it in Jest :laugh: she attacked at the same time in 2 other threads, but its all good ( we all need to feel good one way or another ) but honestly I live in a double wide( that is bigger than many houses and for those that know building is built identical to regular homes, if there is anything different it is the moble home is built better ) that sits on 4 acres of land ( I can hunt and fish on my land ) I can sit in my yard and never see a neighbor or I can holler to them and have great people sitting in the yard with me, nope no one judging no one correcting my English :laugh: Now let me see if I get this right, Gabby's reply would be well they are from the S.E. so they are also ignorant racist and the funny part is that is what all liberals would think because they know nothing about real friends , real people, fresh air, no traffic and the right to take care of me and mine, because they are all plastic politically correct robots that can say Obama good GW bad and sling insults.

Just how many multi million dollar vacations does this lazy bastard deserve!????? --Tyr

Tyr you are about to get attacked :laugh: the real reason for this attack was because everyoner knows what you are saying here is true, after the election when he took a ( what was it 10 million or so ?) vacation everyone said the poor guy needed a break after campaigning well hell he hasn't done anything since then so he shouldn't need a break now. Well unless of course lying takes a lot out of ya , he does do that !!

jimnyc
12-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Kat as for meaning it in Jest :laugh: she attacked at the same time in 2 other threads, but its all good ( we all need to feel good one way or another ) but honestly I live in a double wide( that is bigger than many houses and for those that know building is built identical to regular homes, if there is anything different it is the moble home is built better ) that sits on 4 acres of land ( I can hunt and fish on my land ) I can sit in my yard and never see a neighbor or I can holler to them and have great people sitting in the yard with me, nope no one judging no one correcting my English :laugh: Now let me see if I get this right, Gabby's reply would be well they are from the S.E. so they are also ignorant racist and the funny part is that is what all liberals would think because they know nothing about real friends , real people, fresh air, no traffic and the right to take care of me and mine, because they are all plastic politically correct robots that can say Obama good GW bad and sling insults.

There is only one reason why someone would perhaps think the Huntington area, or any area of California may be nicer at times, and that's the weather. That's it, no other reason. And hell, Georgia is pretty darn good too! I think you have a longer warmer season out there, but you certainly don't have blizzards in Georgia either. Oh, and you don't have liberal yo-yo's running your life daily either, thinking they are better than you somehow.

Bottom line - a nice house or home does NOT in ANY WAY make the owner a better person than another. The better person is the humble one that doesn't try and take their blessings and try and ridicule others.

Abbey Marie
12-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Jeff, I really envy your acres of land and privacy. I am not good with close neighbors, and I love nature. The two reasons I hesitate to live in a more rural area are the lack of tech jobs for my husband, and the probability of seeing dead animals laying on hunter's trucks.

Jeff
12-07-2013, 10:39 PM
There is only one reason why someone would perhaps think the Huntington area, or any area of California may be nicer at times, and that's the weather. That's it, no other reason. And hell, Georgia is pretty darn good too! I think you have a longer warmer season out there, but you certainly don't have blizzards in Georgia either. Oh, and you don't have liberal yo-yo's running your life daily either, thinking they are better than you somehow.

Bottom line - a nice house or home does NOT in ANY WAY make the owner a better person than another. The better person is the humble one that doesn't try and take their blessings and try and ridicule others.

Bottom line here is I still stand with my statement that Gaby is a good person and a good Poster ( when she wants to be ) Gaby just enjoys ruffling feathers and I think she realizes I am not going to get nasty ( like some do ) yes I get nasty but not like some, but bottom line is I would love to see Gaby just post her side and facts , yes she is against a tough crowd being as most believe different than her but I truly admire posters like her and Jafar that wind up defending there point of view most of the time and I really admire Jafar because he tries to prove his point , But I think it is hard to always have to do so and I think that is why now and them Gaby will get nasty ( the number one reason is she loves to get a rise out of people ) but if ya think about her coming here day in and day out and in her eyes reading post that she feels are totally wrong , it must get to you after a while, so all is good with Gaby and myself, I just wish she would post ( like she does do at times ) instead of the attacks .

red states rule
12-08-2013, 07:04 AM

Gabby you were not posting anything in jest

While it does not happen very often, it is refreshing to see a liberal express his/her TRUE feelings and funny as hell watching them try to walk them back. You consider yourself so much better then others and would NEVER lower yourself to associate with working class folks

You bellow the usual talking points about equality and your concerns for the "poor" but in reality you could not care less about them - except at election time. Once the election is over you go back to snobbish comments about them

You have shown over and over again all you care about is Dems wining election, government expanding their power and influence, and showing your true contempt toward anyone who does not worship your religion of liberalism

red states rule
12-08-2013, 07:39 AM

Now post some long, boring, full of shit reply to cover your ass and that you have yet again been called out, then thread ban me. It is expected, as it's the norm.

Guess since it's gonna happen anyway I should point out that I reported your brothers post in another thread where he tried to bring me into it by mentioning it… yet that post is still there. And I've been given the public speeches by you about such things, yet nothing aimed at him for it. Thanks YET AGAIN for the consistency.

http://caution.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/stfu.jpg

Jeff
12-14-2013, 10:18 AM

Jim Arbo thinks you are boring :laugh: I just can't understand why he wants to stay here with all of us being beneath him , again Arbo my Buddy why not start your own board ? As for my post, man does anyone else feel like they are back in H.S. ( I told on you :laugh: I guess some never learned snitches get stitches or a
better fit here Rats will be exterminated !! ) When a person has nothing useful to add they should remain quiet , in my eyes this guy coming into every thread doing nothing more than looking for a argument and throwing the entire thread off topic just to argue is way worse than to many post about Muslim's ( the Muslim issue is real and if it isn't yet it will effect all ) think about a new person checking the board out and every other thread we allow a nit wit to go off topic, I think we must do something about this ( for the sake of the new people :laugh: ) so for now I think RSR has the best advice for our resident know it all !!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

http://caution.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/stfu.jpg

poet
12-18-2013, 11:41 AM

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24129034/obama-planning-annual-hawaiian-holiday

?????? Why would he need to be kept safe, in your neighborhood, more than usual?

poet
12-18-2013, 11:43 AM

And the implication is that others (including me) are not ? I think we understand, "all too well".

fj1200
12-18-2013, 12:11 PM
?????? Why would he need to be kept safe, in your neighborhood, more than usual?

I think you misinterpretated his words. Jeff wouldn't want to deal what is necessary to keep BO safe, whether necessary or not, with SS running all over.

Nukeman
12-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Jeff, I really envy your acres of land and privacy. I am not good with close neighbors, and I love nature. The two reasons I hesitate to live in a more rural area are the lack of tech jobs for my husband, and the probability of seeing dead animals laying on hunter's trucks.
Abbey, have you ever looked for jobs in Indiana. the state has a great cost of living and some very high tech jobs. We are the orthopedic capitol of the world and a state operating in the black surrounded be a sea of red....

Great rural area's with fine schools. To most of the country we are "flyover" but we know its really a great state that is well educated.. That's why we keep quite about how nice of a state it is...

Nukeman
12-18-2013, 02:48 PM

Yep.. Reading WAY too much into Jeff's post. I think you miss how much is involved in keeping the president safe... The security details and all the staff, if they were to descend on a small community it would upset the daily life to no end. I wouldn't want that around me. Hell I go nuts with traffic on the highway let alone bumper-to-bumper crap that would come along with his entourage and the media..

And the implication is that others (including me) are not ? I think we understand, "all too well".

How telling of you to come on here and within a few post mark others out. how bigoted of you by the way, do you always lump people into categories and make assumptions, or do you do as you said in another post; "live and let live". Is that only reserved for gays?? You know if you want others to accept your lifestyle you have to ACCEPT their's as well, otherwise that is called being HYPOCRITICAL!!!!!!! Get it?!?!!?!?!?

jimnyc
12-18-2013, 03:08 PM
I just wish this man would retire and move to Hawaii already, with his George Bush lookalike wife. (remember what the libtards called Bush for 8 years, she fits it MUCH better, identical in fact). :coffee:

aboutime
12-18-2013, 03:10 PM
I just wish this man would retire and move to Hawaii already, with his George Bush lookalike wife. (remember what the libtards called Bush for 8 years, she fits it MUCH better, identical in fact). :coffee:

I'll happily Second That Jim...:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thunderknuckles
12-18-2013, 06:08 PM
I think you misinterpretated his words. Jeff wouldn't want to deal what is necessary to keep BO safe, whether necessary or not, with SS running all over.
I live about 30 minutes outside of LA. The President likes to come out this way for fundraising which backs up traffic all the way towards my neck off the woods whenever he comes out. I can't even imagine that crap the local Hawaiians have to put up with.

poet
12-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Yep.. Reading WAY too much into Jeff's post. I think you miss how much is involved in keeping the president safe... The security details and all the staff, if they were to descend on a small community it would upset the daily life to no end. I wouldn't want that around me. Hell I go nuts with traffic on the highway let alone bumper-to-bumper crap that would come along with his entourage and the media..

How telling of you to come on here and within a few post mark others out. how bigoted of you by the way, do you always lump people into categories and make assumptions, or do you do as you said in another post; "live and let live". Is that only reserved for gays?? You know if you want others to accept your lifestyle you have to ACCEPT their's as well, otherwise that is called being HYPOCRITICAL!!!!!!! Get it?!?!!?!?!?

Uh, I don't seek the approval of others, to get by. I don't need it. I long ago, came to terms with my sexual orientation and my faith.
I don't care if others don't accept my orientation (not lifestyle)....one can let it "eat them up inside", or "keep on truckin'". If folks want to get bent out of shape, behind whom other people love or are sleeping with...that is a clear indication that they don't have a life, or are jealous that others do.

poet
12-18-2013, 07:47 PM

You have a little more than 2 more years of him and his wife. Relax.

jimnyc
12-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Uh, I don't seek the approval of others, to get by. I don't need it. I long ago, came to terms with my sexual orientation and my faith.
I don't care if others don't accept my orientation (not lifestyle)....one can let it "eat them up inside", or "keep on truckin'". If folks want to get bent out of shape, behind whom other people love or are sleeping with...that is a clear indication that they don't have a life, or are jealous that others do.

Not everyone against such things would allow it to eat them up inside. Some can find it objectionable and abnormal and shake their heads and move on. Finding disgust with the actions of another doesn't consume me, but I'll sure speak up my opinion. :)

You have a little more than 2 more years of him and his wife. Relax.

I can almost handle him, if they please keep her ugly mug off the screen, out of my papers and off the internet. That's an ugly dude that Barack married! :lol:

Abbey Marie
12-19-2013, 07:43 PM

Show me where Jeff said anything about "more than usual"? Are you implying that he has bad intentions for Hussein?

DragonStryk72
12-21-2013, 04:46 PM

I don't see the problem here. He's going to another of the 50 states (veiled slap at BO about the correct number), and I can understand it from the point of view as that was his birthplace. I'm seeing a lot of people take issue with him going on Christmas vacation, but frankly, most of us would go on Christmas vacation somewhere if we had the funds to do so with. Now, me, I'd like to go up to Williamsburg, and have my family come in from all parts, but that's me.

Yeah, the website fiasco is bad, but I mean, what do people think he's gonna do about it? He's isn't one of the designers, and as far as I know, he doesn't know how to code, so really, all he can do is get in the way anyway. I mean, really guys, we should be thankful he's out of the office for a bit, because at least he can't make it worse while he's away.

jimnyc
12-21-2013, 05:10 PM
I don't see the problem here. He's going to another of the 50 states (veiled slap at BO about the correct number), and I can understand it from the point of view as that was his birthplace. I'm seeing a lot of people take issue with him going on Christmas vacation, but frankly, most of us would go on Christmas vacation somewhere if we had the funds to do so with. Now, me, I'd like to go up to Williamsburg, and have my family come in from all parts, but that's me.

Yeah, the website fiasco is bad, but I mean, what do people think he's gonna do about it? He's isn't one of the designers, and as far as I know, he doesn't know how to code, so really, all he can do is get in the way anyway. I mean, really guys, we should be thankful he's out of the office for a bit, because at least he can't make it worse while he's away.

I agree with much of what you said. But as to the bold, I believe his latest vacation (his 6th/8th to Hawaii?), is projected to cost about $4 million dollars. Do the taxpayers foot the bill for this? I'm sure I'm wrong on this one and others will point out where - but I mostly recall prior presidents going on retreats, or to their own homes and such for the holiday's, and not so many extravagant holidays that required so much security and extra funds. I'm sure here and there others of course went on vacations similar to this one, but as often? I just think it's often, and a LOT, on taxpayers money - during what most consider difficult economical times.

DragonStryk72
12-21-2013, 07:27 PM
I agree with much of what you said. But as to the bold, I believe his latest vacation (his 6th/8th to Hawaii?), is projected to cost about $4 million dollars. Do the taxpayers foot the bill for this? I'm sure I'm wrong on this one and others will point out where - but I mostly recall prior presidents going on retreats, or to their own homes and such for the holiday's, and not so many extravagant holidays that required so much security and extra funds. I'm sure here and there others of course went on vacations similar to this one, but as often? I just think it's often, and a LOT, on taxpayers money - during what most consider difficult economical times.

Unfortunately, that's the job. With current security and whatnot, and with Obama having no access to his private funds, and won't just let him hare off on Southwest Airlines. he's completely reliant on taxpayer money for any travel he undertakes. The big money-waster in the scenario is the entourage, and there's not much to do about it. I mean, you're looking at: fuel for Air Force One from DC to Hawaii, paying every secret service agent involved, pilots, food for all of them for the holiday, cost of secure accommodations wherever they're going, and it's Christmas, so unless he's an asshole, he's giving his secret servicemen who are working the holiday a proper Christmas dinner, all the logistics and folks involved in this, plus the press guys from all the major news outlets who get access to Air Force One. He shouldn't have to give up all family traditions just because he's the President.

Even when Bush goes back to TX, it's a huge affair, and the costs have only gotten bigger over the years, not smaller.

jimnyc
12-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Unfortunately, that's the job. With current security and whatnot, and with Obama having no access to his private funds, and won't just let him hare off on Southwest Airlines. he's completely reliant on taxpayer money for any travel he undertakes. The big money-waster in the scenario is the entourage, and there's not much to do about it. I mean, you're looking at: fuel for Air Force One from DC to Hawaii, paying every secret service agent involved, pilots, food for all of them for the holiday, cost of secure accommodations wherever they're going, and it's Christmas, so unless he's an asshole, he's giving his secret servicemen who are working the holiday a proper Christmas dinner, all the logistics and folks involved in this, plus the press guys from all the major news outlets who get access to Air Force One. He shouldn't have to give up all family traditions just because he's the President.

Even when Bush goes back to TX, it's a huge affair, and the costs have only gotten bigger over the years, not smaller.

But I think the majority of the cost is the traveling, the security and added personnel, wages and taking care of them as you state. Heading to camp david, or going home like GWB did - of course there are still high costs in security and other things - but no way those costs are nearly as much as it is when you travel on vacation. And I don't even fully begrudge the man that, of course he deserves a vacation - but this is I think 6 years in a row, or at least 5.

While I'm confident that ALL presidents take ample vacation time, and all cost a fortune to do so - were all of the others always going on vacations out of the country with entourages, or even to Hawaii? The cost difference between the 2 is probably astronomical. The cost to travel an secure him afar is going to be much more expensive than in a location he is "traditionally" at. For example, compare securing GWB at Christmas in Crawford to that of what it costs to secure Obama in Hawaii.

I don't think it's asking him to give up family traditions by not expecting him to head off on these expensive vacations to Hawaii every year. I searched for quite a bit and couldn't find anything that showed that him and his family went there for Christmas prior to his presidency, only stuff about Chicago. (my searches are still showing him never having had a Christmas in Hawaii until he was elected president).

Gaffer
12-22-2013, 10:16 PM
How come he never vacations in his "home" in Chicago?

Abbey Marie
12-22-2013, 10:25 PM

Good question.

jimnyc
12-23-2013, 11:22 AM

Too many darned gun laws there, he wouldn't be able to carry a weapon and it's just too safe there! :poke:

I just think that if he didn't start this 'tradition' of a Hawaii Christmas until he came into office, then it's a bit much. Again, I don't begrudge ANY sitting president vacations. Maybe not the highest paying job in the world, but likely the most stressful! But I do think they should take economical times into consideration and not take advantage of the position. For example, Bush could have chosen anywhere in the world, but his choices were generally Camp David or his own ranch in Crawford, Tx. I think Clinton mostly went to Martha's Vineyard. I can recall many a president simply being in the white house with the tree for Christmas. I think Clinton also chose Hilton Head once, which is MUCH closer, and was shredded for doing so, and for taking people/staff/security away from their families. Every other was then in the WH. The 2 Bushes together spend 12 Christmases at Camp David - and partly because Bush 41 made sure his son learned from him and told him that this would allow staff and others to be home with their families. Reagan spent EVERY Christmas in the White House.

That's 34 Christmases if you combine Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, GWB and then Obama. 27 of them were at the White House or at Camp David - and the presidents that did so all stated they did as much so that the staff and others could be with their families. One was Clinton in HH in which he even apologized for. Obama is now 6 for 6 in leaving the WH, home or Camp David, and all 6 times the staff/security needs to spend Christmas away from their families. Just odd that 7 out of the past 34 Christmases required staff to ditch their families - and 6 of those 7 have been under Obama.

aboutime
12-23-2013, 06:13 PM

Gaffer. Why would anyone, Black or White want Obama to go back to the Hell Hole known as CAPONE-LAND?

The Secret Service knows where NOT to allow Obama to show up. They know how Chicago is competing to become the MURDER capitol again, as it did last year. And, what would be better for a GANG MEMBER'S Rep...than to be able to say they GOT OBAMA????

GANGS OF A FEATHER....ALSO FLOCK TOGETHER. And Obama hasn't been making many new Black friends since he moved into the "WHITEY" House.